(0-1) Columbus Northland @ (0-1) Logan

LHS 72
S

(0-1) Columbus Northland @ (0-1) Logan

Post by LHS 72 »

Neeed to show improvement, But Northland has speed and if you let them score first look out SPEED KILLS! The defense cannot let them have the corners. This will be a mind and physical (speed) test for the young Chiefs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 2 Columbus Northland @ Logan

Post by noreply66 »

Northland play last night?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Yes they did and got beat by Eastmoor something like 26-7

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

does anyone know anything about them other then they are a city league team??

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Northland & speed? Oh, I got a bad feeling about this game. If Hurricane Isaac shows up over SE Ohio Friday night, it might slow them down some but it might keep my cranky old butt inside listening to the radio!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

We know who will have the speed advantage in this one but I think Logan takes this for their first victory,Northland is just an average to below average city league team.I seriously doubt Northland will be anywhere near as big as Lancaster so that should help.They need this one bad, I saw one of the boys crying outside the locker room last night so they got to get an early season win to get some confidence back and these next 2 weeks is just what the doctor ordered :122245

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:Northland Vikings

• Coach: Kevin Tooson (year at school: 10th; career record: 43-49)

• Last year: 4-6, 4-3 (fourth in division)

• Top players: DL Azariah Turner (6-2, 256, sr.); LB Ron Gaston (5-8, 175, sr.); LB Anthony Alexander (5-10, 145, sr.); OL-DL Trivon Coles (5-9, 201, sr.); DB Robbie Darnell (5-6, 155, sr.).

• The goods: Northland has good size and some of the best participation numbers in the city. Turner and Gaston made second-team all-City last season.
Copied from the Columbus Dispatch. History is that Colunbus city Leauge schhols alway give the chiefs trouble, that being said this will be a close game and mistakes will decide the game

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:Ummm not sure why you put "copied from the columbus dispatch" I never claimed it was mine. I just thought the info would help clueless people like yourself actually get CORRECT information for once.
At least the Columbus dispatch had the info but the local rag will have something later this week! Thanks for inviting me in to your clueless club!

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Logan big!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

#11 saved a couple TDs last night

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Northland isn't supposed to be very good this year. I'd expect a typical City League team. Turn-overs and lots of penalties. Chiefs should win this one. While I expected Lancaster to win, score was much too lopsided. Improvement usually comes in game #2. Get a win because Newark is awful this year.

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

Do not know much about Northland, but I believe Logan will refocus and work hard in practice this week. The defense looked okay, tough in the middle need to work on those outside run plays and consistant good tackling, some plays they gang tackled and wrapped up very well, other plays they were just throwing arm tackles. Hard work in practice by both offense and defense and Logan comes away with the W this week. Prediction Logan 24 Northland 7

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Containment has been a huge problem for the defense the 2 times I have seen them this year,seems like every time Lancaster went out side they got at Least 8 yards or more,one play an option pitch I counted 5 defenders on the same side of the field and none of them could get to the sideline quick enough to stop him from turning up the sideline for a big a gain,that has to stop,the middle part was pretty stingy for the most part but still too many missed tackles.As for the offense no one can complain they pass too much so far this year,McCarty has had plenty touches just need to keep plugging away let the cards fall,Pretty confident that was the best they will see this year.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Heard the Logan reserves lost 61-0 today ouch!!!!

Return to “Football”