Patterson Field

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Patterson Field

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

Is CG field no longer Patterson Field? Whats going on at CG? We paint the press box and dont even put the mans name back on it. Ive been waiting for a couple weeks now, still no name. Im offically ashamed to call myself CG_alumni. :mad: Who cares whose slingin' money there way... its tradition that built that house not contributors!

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Patterson Field

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Your preaching to the choir. I have wanted to know for a few weeks when we changes our colors to match Symmes Valley.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

patterson field will go back up that's a fact. as for the colors, ask the superintendant whose from scioto county, who made that stupid decision. but rumor is the super is on his way out after this year so things are looking brighter in cg land. he has been nothing but trouble since he came to cg, but the board has seen the light. patterson field will always be no matter what some outsider thinks.

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

Thanks for the info Rico. I just refuse to let this program die. I hate this new Super. He is def not for CG. He wants to make a name for himself in all the wrong ways. Im glad Patterson field is staying the same. When ya think we can get a bronze statue of big dad? Figure we can cut the head off that one they put in storgage and replace it with a bigdad head.lol

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The program is not going to die just because of a press box, and it will not die because of the superintendent. I don't wan't to get into the politics of Coal Grove Schools because there are too many sides to this story. If he is on his way out I truly hope they bring someone in from the outside again, but this time be someone that wants to put themselves inside the community not be a person from the outside and keep yourself on the outside.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

LOVE that the term "outsider" was used here. That's pretty much the mindset of the typical Coal Grove resident: there are Coal Grovers and outsiders. Outsiders are no good first and foremost because they are outsiders - not to be trusted, not to be allowed to take jobs that should be given to Coal Grovers, regardless of qualification or experience, since the most important thing on your resume is your last name.
Just remember: Coach Lucas was an "outsider".
Regardless of what the superintendent had done, the residents of CG wanted him to fail. It's a big world outside the corporation limits. Get out and meet some "outsiders"; most of them are quite friendly.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

I feel that super has to go! and 3 members of the BOE as well, because the saddest thing I've ever heard them trying to run the Lucas family out after EVERYTHING after they've done for coal grove we saw what it was like here without them, ask nick miller and steve cook! Losing seasons! and after big dad is finished, the job should be jays! Through powerlifting,track and now basketball he's helped this school to the max!

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

What is the date of the jamboree game with Ironton?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

What date is the jamboree game with Ironton?

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

cg scrimmages at vinton co. tuesday the 7th, ovc previews at cg on aug. 11th, ironton jamboree game on fri. the 17th.

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

Yeah, I don't think that anything will die, but I just don't want to see important things in CG history erased or removed. I am still not a fan of a red and grey press box. That part don't make sense. Maybe someone knows why????

I'm all about hiring from the outside, but I do believe Jay deserves the next shot. I was fortunate enough to play for miller,cook,and the lucas. So I can honestly understand the difference a coach can make.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Matt52 wrote:I feel that super has to go! and 3 members of the BOE as well, because the saddest thing I've ever heard them trying to run the Lucas family out after EVERYTHING after they've done for coal grove we saw what it was like here without them, ask nick miller and steve cook! Losing seasons! and after big dad is finished, the job should be jays! Through powerlifting,track and now basketball he's helped this school to the max!
I agree, 3 board members are "outsiders" themselves. How could they possibly have the best interest of "The Grove" at heart if they didn't attend this school and have the passion that most of us feel??
As for the "superintendent"...well, he is just a "puppet", my thought is that the board members who hired him are the puppetmasters!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I wonder how many of the people involved know who "The Pat" was named for, and who the school, Dawson-Bryant, was named for? I, a Perker, know that much. same for Tanks Stadium, & Spartan Stadium.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Misteroby wrote:I wonder how many of the people involved know who "The Pat" was named for, and who the school, Dawson-Bryant, was named for? I, a Perker, know that much. same for Tanks Stadium, & Spartan Stadium.
Pat Patterson and the 1st two boys killed in the war from Coal Grove? (WWI ---I think!) :?:

Return to “Football”