Symmes Valley 28 Eastern 13

eagles
Waterboy

Symmes Valley 28 Eastern 13

Post by eagles »

Never Played before? Symmes has been to the playoffs several times recently. I'm new to this board and southeastern Ohio football, what does SV like to do, besides win as far as X's and O's?

timeout
Riding the Bench

Re: week 1: Symmes Valley @ Eastern

Post by timeout »

Symmes Valley wins big,to much offence for Eastern.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Two things to expect from SV. A physical team and well coached

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I heard after a week eastern has only got 18-19 to playing ....not very good numbers for the Eagles

eagles
Waterboy

Post by eagles »

What offense and defense does SV use? Who, when, and where do they scrimmage?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

eagles wrote:Never Played before? Symmes has been to the playoffs several times recently. I'm new to this board and southeastern Ohio football, what does SV like to do, besides win as far as X's and O's?
never played before? symmes valley was in the svac for a number of years in the 70's,so i am sure they have played
symmes valley has one of the better coaches in the area kinda surprised he hasn't gone to a bigger school by now

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

Symmes Valley scrimmaged South Gallia this morning.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote:Symmes Valley scrimmaged South Gallia this morning.
outcome?

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

was not there but heard it was 6 touchdowns to nothing Symmes Valley

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Symmes Valley and Eastern have played many, many, many times in all sports. We were both in the Southern Valley Athletic Conference from the late 1970s to 1991 when all of the consolidation was done with the Gallia County schools. SVAC Championship trophys in the trophy case with a map showing each of the member schools to prove it. Eastern and Symmes Valley are very similar in number of students, and rural location. Symmes Valley has around 45 members on the football team this year (half of the males in the school).
I predict SV wins by 30 JV goes in the 3rd quarter.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

SV scrimmaged Alexander today. Score was something close to SV 4 Alexander 1.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

1longtimeviking wrote:SV scrimmaged Alexander today. Score was something close to SV 4 Alexander 1.
That is a little misleading... Varsity score was 1-1. Alex scored first on 10 play series, and fumbled deep in SV territory on down and distance portion of scrimmage. Symmes Valley scored on last play of the varsity scrimmage (down and distance portion) on a td run over 50 yds. It was a very even scrimmage. Neither first team offense ran more than 25 plays.
I am not a fan of either team. Alex controlled beginning of scrimmage. Symmes Valley started to assert running game towards middle to end of varsity scrimmage. Symmes Valley's Jv's won their part of scrimmage handily.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

1longtimeviking wrote:Symmes Valley and Eastern have played many, many, many times in all sports. We were both in the Southern Valley Athletic Conference from the late 1970s to 1991 when all of the consolidation was done with the Gallia County schools. SVAC Championship trophys in the trophy case with a map showing each of the member schools to prove it. Eastern and Symmes Valley are very similar in number of students, and rural location. Symmes Valley has around 45 members on the football team this year (half of the males in the school).
I predict SV wins by 30 JV goes in the 3rd quarter.
Symmes valley was not in the SVAC from about 75 on unless they rejoined in the very late 80's,I was at Kyger Creek from 74-80 we never played them that I can remember?

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

Varsity was a pretty even game,SV 2 Alexander 1,JV SV 2 Alexander 0

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

I am not 100% sure of the date that SV joined the SVAC. SV was in the OVC at one point, but I am not sure when the move was made from the OVC to the SVAC. What I do know is that when I began 7th grade in 1989, SV was in the SVAC and there were already SVAC championship trophies in the case. The trophies have a map on the top showing the location of each school. SV, Oak Hill, Hannan Trace, Southwestern, Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southern, and Eastern are the schools on the map. I also know that SV was the SVAC champion in football in 1989 with a record of 10-0. I also know that we have played and I have been to games at Eastern and all of the other schools in the SVAC. I also know that we were in the SVAC until the consolidation of all the Gallia County schools into River Valley. At that point, SV joined the SOC.

eagles
Waterboy

Post by eagles »

Saw Eastern scrimmage Green on Friday. Eastern seemed comfortable in their new offense, sure there are things to improve. Not too sure how solid Green is, I was told Eastern ran 46 plays and had 525 yards. Who knocked symmes out of the playoffs last year? What offense did that opponent run?

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Beallsville won in a very close game.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

1longtimeviking wrote:I am not 100% sure of the date that SV joined the SVAC. SV was in the OVC at one point, but I am not sure when the move was made from the OVC to the SVAC. What I do know is that when I began 7th grade in 1989, SV was in the SVAC and there were already SVAC championship trophies in the case. The trophies have a map on the top showing the location of each school. SV, Oak Hill, Hannan Trace, Southwestern, Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southern, and Eastern are the schools on the map. I also know that SV was the SVAC champion in football in 1989 with a record of 10-0. I also know that we have played and I have been to games at Eastern and all of the other schools in the SVAC. I also know that we were in the SVAC until the consolidation of all the Gallia County schools into River Valley. At that point, SV joined the SOC.
That would have been late 80's early 90's,because Ii think Oak Hill joined the SVAC in 89 or so, until it closed in 91-92 not sure about the date.
in the 70's Symmes Valley was not a factor in footall in the SVAC Kyger Creek won it in 72- 73-74-75-76-77-with I think Eastern or North Gallia maybe in 78 and Hannan Trace in 79 those are Football years not graduating years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rusty Webb and Co will win BIG in this one.....

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

SVAC Champions

SVAC
1958 - Kyger Creek, Rio Grande
1960 - Eastern
1961 - Southwestern, Kyger Creek
1962 - Kyger Creek
1963 - Kyger Creek, Eastern
1964 - Kyger Creek