Minford 40 Rock Hill 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Minford 40 Rock Hill 0

Post by Bleeding Red »

This site seems to be dead with the football talk lately....hopefully it is not too early to start talking about week 1 games and get the talk going as we are just a little over a month away from opening kickoff!

Its a bit too early to start with score predictions, but we can start talking about what each team is bringing to the table to start the season off.

Minford should be pretty solid up front on both sides of the ball. Not sure who they will have at the QB position with Stapleton coming to Minford (last years QB at Portsmouth). They should have some pretty good skill players to run behind the big line and throw to.

Rock Hill may be a mystery this year as they lose last years QB and leading rusher at RB. I believe they return a good chunk of their starting line from last year.

Rock Hill looks to rebound from a 3 win season while Minford is trying to improve on a 4-6 year.

Lets get the comments/thoughts going fellas......heck I am not even sure who each team scrimmages before the season starts, so that info would be helpful!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: Rock Hill @ Minford Week 1

Post by West Side Pride »

Stapleton eligable?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

West Side Pride wrote:Stapleton eligable?

Not sure. I heard that Portsmouth was trying to fight releasing him. He does live in the Minford district so I dont see how Portsmouth's plan will hold up.

19redmen94
Waterboy

Post by 19redmen94 »

Rock HIll has got
7 on 7 at Jackson friday the 20th at 5:00
7 on 7 Symmes Valley Tuesday the 24th at 7:00 location ?
Scrim. against Northwest Wed. Aug 8th at 6:00 Location ?
Scrim. against Symmes Valley fri. Aug 17 at 7:00 Location ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Anyone know Minford's scrimmage schedule?

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

south point august 7
red and white on august 11@ 7 with meet the teams
@ fairland august 17 @7

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Would like to see Minford open up the season not only with a win, but would like to see a swarming defense and a offense that can not only run the ball, but pass well too.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

With some of the work I hear the Falcons have been putting in this off-season, I expect this to be a solid season for Coach Daniels and Co.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Bleeding Red wrote:

Not sure. I heard that Portsmouth was trying to fight releasing him. He does live in the Minford district so I dont see how Portsmouth's plan will hold up.

There haven't been school district releases for years now in high school. These decisions are 100% up to the OHSAA.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

winchell wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

There haven't been school district releases for years now in high school. These decisions are 100% up to the OHSAA.

Ok. So I am assuming that everything is tied up with OHSAA's ruling that this player is not transferring for athletic reasons?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

ttt

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

winchell wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

I actually heard this brought up at a Valley scrimmage couple weeks ago. Coach Clifford was sitting behind me and i heard him say that the decision had already been made that he was ineligible.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

he has been cleared to play and the other 2 also

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

I'm hearing through reliable sources both ways, did he play in the scrimmage?

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Rock Hill is due for a good season. The last few have not been to great. Hopefully Coach Knipp has a good season, he needs one.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford by a bunch.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I'm afraid to say a bunch but i think they will pull a win out

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford was the tale of 2 teams in their scrimmage vs Fairland Friday night. They started off really sloppy with a pick 6 and the defense had trouble stopping the QB draw and quick out passes.

The Stapleton kid looked really good. The offense had a completely different demeanor about it with him in the game. I look for him to have a very good season this year. Very good at keeping the play alive with his feet and still throwing the ball downfield.

I hope the coaches go with the younger guys at RB. Justice, Compton and Piquett looked good as well as a few other young kids. Plenty of kids to tote the ball this year. Same can be said on the defense. They have young kids that play good pass coverage and will come up and hit hard against the run (Justice, Joyce, etc). The defense looked way better with those smaller but meaner kids that are not scared of contact!

With no more injuries and playing the younger kids I see Minford having a good year behind their O line. I think it starts with Rock Hill this week as the Falcons win by 2 or more TD's.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Any news on how Rock Hill has looked in their scrimmages?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

So who is the starting QB? Stapleton or Howard?

Return to “Football”