early 2012 Ironton Football Preview

gotigers98
JV Team

early 2012 Ironton Football Preview

Post by gotigers98 »

Checkout our early 2012 Ironton Fighting Tigers Football Preview by clicking the link provided http://elitetristatesports.com/irontonblog/ . we have also put together a very early projected Depth Chart for the 2012 team. This is just a Projection of what we think the lineup could look like, I'm sure there will be alot of changes to the lineups before the first game this year. If anyone has any suggestions about the depth chart let us know and we will consider tweaking the depth chart we have. Just click this link to see the depth chart http://elitetristatesports.com/Ironton/ ... chart.html . Go Tigers

on a mission
All Conference

Re: early 2012 Ironton Football Preview

Post by on a mission »

Interesting! Just so you know as of now one of the kids you have listed as a defensive starter isn't planning on playing and has made this known. I think you'll be shocked when it all comes together!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Not necessarily shocked might I say surprised! Looking forward to a great season of Tiger football!!!

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

Good info all around.
On a mission, Would that be surprised in a good way ??

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

My fingers are crossed!

gotigers98
JV Team

Post by gotigers98 »

Thanks On a mission and Vodoochild. Thanks for the other info On a mission. We were not aware of that. Like I said it's just a projection based on the expected returning players from last year, I'm sure some of them might not come back this year. But, we are not in contact with the kids and we haven't asked them if there coming back or not. We just wanted to give an idea of what the lineups might look like. But thanks for the info and if you know more info that we don't let us know and we will tweak the depth chart. We will be putting more team previews and projected depth charts out soon also. and as always go tigers.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I know nothing other than I spoke of. I think during this transitional period the main thing is be supportive of the kids as well as the coaching staff! I do think we'll have a good season and can't wait for FOOTBALL FRIDAY NIGHTS! GO TIGERS!

gotigers98
JV Team

Post by gotigers98 »

I do agree with you on a mission that is important to be supportive of the kids, which we have always been and will always be, but I don't think there will be much of a transition the new coach has been on the staff for a while and many of the coaches on the staff are the same. I don't think things will change that much.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I have a hard time supporting this staff after what they did when Bob quit the first time. I will support the kids and their efforts.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i dont think the situation is quite the same as last time. this time around was a little classier on all sides. i think mark will do GREAT!!

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

OSU 77 wrote:I have a hard time supporting this staff after what they did when Bob quit the first time. I will support the kids and their efforts.
Just what did they actually do?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

As long as our new coach stay with the same basic system and does not try to change things :aaaaa96 :aaaaa96 :aaaaa96 overnight ironton should have a winning season and finish around 7-3.

herdingcats
Waterboy

Post by herdingcats »

I disagree. I know change is hard but Bob is long gone and Ironton's pool of atheletes is shrinking. There is nothing worse then watching a team that is behind slowly trying to plod down the field and score while watching the clock run like a rabbit. When the team gets behind mistakes are magnified when it takes you 6 minutes to go 50 yards. I know it won't happen overnight but hopefully Mark will start to add more of this crazy thing called the "forward" pass. That Ashland game last year was embarrassing. Especially those same running plays over and over and over then Ashland would get the ball run the spread and score before you knew what even happened.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

herdingcats wrote:I disagree. I know change is hard but Bob is long gone and Ironton's pool of atheletes is shrinking. There is nothing worse then watching a team that is behind slowly trying to plod down the field and score while watching the clock run like a rabbit. When the team gets behind mistakes are magnified when it takes you 6 minutes to go 50 yards. I know it won't happen overnight but hopefully Mark will start to add more of this crazy thing called the "forward" pass. That Ashland game last year was embarrassing. Especially those same running plays over and over and over then Ashland would get the ball run the spread and score before you knew what even happened.
Change should not happen overnight, I know! Just look at the change at Logan Without the talent Ironton can not change at a monents notice! Remember change takes time!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

herdingcats wrote:I disagree. I know change is hard but Bob is long gone and Ironton's pool of atheletes is shrinking. There is nothing worse then watching a team that is behind slowly trying to plod down the field and score while watching the clock run like a rabbit. When the team gets behind mistakes are magnified when it takes you 6 minutes to go 50 yards. I know it won't happen overnight but hopefully Mark will start to add more of this crazy thing called the "forward" pass. That Ashland game last year was embarrassing. Especially those same running plays over and over and over then Ashland would get the ball run the spread and score before you knew what even happened.

You think them not passing was embaressing, but what about the 6 fumbles. I think that has more to do with that loss than not passing.

herdingcats
Waterboy

Post by herdingcats »

My point exactly. When it takes almost a full quarter to get 6 points any mistakes are magnified even more much less putting the ball on the ground 6 times! It's hard to come from behind playing Tressel ball unless your defense shuts down everything all the time. This will not happen overnight but I hope they start moving in that direction. Not asking for an Urban Meyer offense just more balanced. I realize you need a quarterback who is athletic enough to do this so we'll see in the coming years. Good luck to the staff and kids.

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

Well, last year we racked up 371 total yards with 295 of them on the ground for 6 points. Thats pretty productive as far as moving the ball goes. Dont forget that Ashland had a 3 year starter at QB in Hunter and we had fumblitis. No doubt the game should've been a lot closer but stuff happens. Hopefully we get'em back this year. Go Tigers!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You know sure we need to pass a little more like average about 10 a game not our usaul 1-4 a game. Really though running has gotten us to the dance what 390 times since 72 so why would you go away from that. Stick with what you do best run, run, run.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

The Lutz offense was an institution that served Ironton well over all or parts of five decades. Obviously, Lutz's coaching record speaks for itself, and that offense was an integral part of of his ultra-successful tenure. It can still be used as the core of a very successful high school program IMO. I look for it to remain a staple in the Ironton program, and I have no problem with that.

But Ironton fans are sophisticated enough to realize that against the better teams these days, you need to have the ability to get defenses out of that "8 or 9 in the box" response. The Tigers need more than the look-in, the throw-back screen, and the play-action-over-the-top-bomb to counteract defenses ganging up on the line of scrimmage. I would like to see a supplementary package that utilizes more than 2 guys downfield, that places more emphasis on the short ball, and that takes more advantage of our skill players throwing and catching. Example - I thought Michael Lawless was a very good player on last year's team that could have caught 35-40 passes if we had used a short-range passing attack more.

I am not knocking Lutz. That was just not part of his offensive system. It was what it was. God bless him and his coaches and all of his teams for the glory they achieved for the little town of Ironton. He was a great mentor for kids and builder of men. I am just hoping to see a little more diversification this year. Baby steps, that's all, not a complete conversion to the spread. Go Tigers!

Return to “Football”