fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

This is just a rumor at this point but the grapevine says, River Valley to the Ohio in 14 and Wahama will be asked to leave the league in 14.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2014

Post by 93Bulldog »

Have the 'movie rights' to the TVC been purchased yet?

Oh wait, a soap opera is not a movie - I mean T.V. rights?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:Have the 'movie rights' to the TVC been purchased yet?

Oh wait, a soap opera is not a movie - I mean T.V. rights?

As the TVC Turns......

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If this is true............Dislike. This decision would mean that both the Ohio and Hocking Divisions become weaker. Wahama is the top school in the Hocking. River Valley would have been competative in the Hocking.

Trimble will resume its place atop the Hocking standings year in and year out.

River Valley will fight each year to stay out of the basement of the TVC OHIO standings.

I thought we were trying to make the TVC a stronger league not water it down?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Fortdawg wrote:This is just a rumor at this point but the grapevine says, River Valley to the Ohio in 14 and Wahama will be asked to leave the league in 14.
Wahama will no longer be a titletown!!!! Glouster will return to the top

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Why would the league ask Wahama to leave???????????????

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:If this is true............Dislike. This decision would mean that both the Ohio and Hocking Divisions become weaker. Wahama is the top school in the Hocking. River Valley would have been competative in the Hocking.

Trimble will resume its place atop the Hocking standings year in and year out.

River Valley will fight each year to stay out of the basement of the TVC OHIO standings.

I thought we were trying to make the TVC a stronger league not water it down?

River Valley can most definitely compete in the Ohio division. They are the same size as Wellston and Meigs, and they are bigger than Alexander and Nelsonville. Football is not the only sport contested in the TVC Ohio. River Valley probably won't win much of anything, but then again neither will anyone else.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

I heard it was because Wahama's starting dates and state tournaments in West Virginia are
differenct tha Ohio and the TVC Bi-laws state that the OHSAA rules and regulations will be followed.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

teach123 wrote:I heard it was because Wahama's starting dates and state tournaments in West Virginia are
differenct tha Ohio and the TVC Bi-laws state that the OHSAA rules and regulations will be followed.

And how is anything different now than when Wahama was voted into the TVC? We all knew WV had a different calendar well before Wahama joined the league. Sounds like a cheap, easy way out to ask a team to leave if you ask me.

Trimble will win the football titles instead of Wahama. That's the only thing that will change.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Uh, not really ... Wahama has an outstanding baseball program ... They won the TVC-Hocking title in softball this year ... They had a really good basketball team last year and were descent this past season ... They 'contended' across the board in all sports (girls and boys) more so than most Hocking schools/teams.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If it is true that Wahama will be asked to leave, then I say shame on the TVC!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Ive never heard of a league kicking out a team they invited. I don't see Bahama leaving the TVC unless they leave on their own.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

What happened to the plan of going to 3 divisions?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

The league can change the bylaws to get rid of Wahama if they want---it's loosey goosey. The 3 divisions didn't seem like a great idea to me, just my opinion, several teams were dissatisfied with it----to much travel, to much competition, and it went against tradition---example, Miller drives by Trimble to play other teams in a league. Nobody wanted to drive to River Valley for all their sports---I'd be nervous if I was South Gallia---who likes making that drive?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I hope Wahama stays----I just think all this expansion has been bad for the league.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

The reasons given for Wahama's ouster are just a guise. If they are forced out it is due to three or four schools being tired of losing to them in the league. Oh yea and one basketball team accusing them of cheating to win at home and knocking them out of a league title. Though none of those schools will admit to this. It's a joke if those schools make up excuses to run them out. A real joke, and shame on the TVC for allowing this. If you are tired of losing to them just admit it, but don't use start dates and make-up games as your excuse.

Return to “Football”