Week 5: Jackson(4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Week 5: Jackson(4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

Post by ironmen85 »

With the season coming to the halfway mark, what are your thoughts on the game?

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 5: Jackson(4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

Post by ironman02 »

This is a very interesting game in my opinion. Both teams will have plenty of distractions this week with the Barlow Fair and Apple Festival, so each coaching staff will be working hard to keep their respective team focused. Warren has been impressive so far this season, with its lone loss to an undefeated Athens team in a close contest. Jackson is sitting at 4-0 and has been impressive for the most part during those four wins.

The key to this game, as I see it, will be Warren's passing game against Jackson's defense. The Ironmen had been nearly flawless on the defensive side of the ball through the first three weeks, and they continued to play well until right before the half against Logan. After that, the coverage in the secondary, and tackling overall, just went out the window. I said before that it was probably a product of two things...Logan's athletic ability, and probably losing focus after getting out to an early 35-7 lead. Warren has a very good QB in Leffingwell and plenty of playmakers led by Fivecoat, if I'm remembering correctly. Jackson will have to do a much better job of defending against the pass, and they need to be much better in pursuit to the football. Those are things that I know they can do, so I feel like the second half against Logan is hopefully just an abberation. We'll find out on Saturday.

On the other side of things, I think Jackson's offense is really starting to click. They have several different options at the skill positions, the O-line seems to be getting better each week, and with such a diverse offensive attack, they're extremely difficult to defend. If the Ironmen can take care of the football, I think they're very capable of putting a lot of points on the board against any of the teams on their schedule.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

This is a measuring stick game for Warren.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

jackson scores another 35 plus points in this game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan passed on the Ironmen this week and Warren can live by the pass and probably will have to in this one. Jackson will shut down the Warren running game. If Warren's QB has time he will put up some big yards. This game will be won by Jackson and it will show Warren where they stand in the SEOAL.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Warren plays very well and Jackson makes as many unforced errors as they did at Logan....Warren can win.

Huge game for both teams.

I like Jackson by 14

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Jackson

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Can Warren stay with Jackson? maybe, maybe not....let's play and find out....must be their best game in all phases!

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

I think Warren has a very good shot at winning this game. They are a lot better than most think. Defense has been playing exceptional ball. Offense has the potential to put up big numbers. I think Jackson may overlook Warren this year. Go Big Blue--I'll take Warren 34-28

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I thought this was supposed to be a down year for Jackson's offense? They are averaging 43 points a game! Can Warren score enough to keep up?

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

This game worries me. The Ironmen need to be focused and not give up the big plays. Everyone of Logans scores were from big plays. Logan did not have any sustained drives as I recall.
May get alot of rain and I believe we'll be on natural turf if I'm not mistaken. Could work to Jacksons favor actually.
I'll take the Ironmen as I believe they are the better team but it could be a very close game.
GO RED!!!!

JTownie
Waterboy

Post by JTownie »

Jackson should win this game, emphasis on SHOULD. If Warren can successfully throw the ball, and slow down the Ironmen's offense they have a shot. Jackson better lay off the candy apples and not show up with an "Apple Festival Hangover" after the long road trip to Warren or they will get beat. ;-)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren needs to stay with the short passing game to control the game. The less Jackson has the ball the better for Warren

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I don't see Jackson giving up the big plays like they did last week I see coach Andy hall getting the d ready this week I look for them to be back on there a game this weekend.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren's defense is the key. Controlling the line of scrimmage. Filling the gaps and make Jackson run wide to beat them. Jackson does not seem to be as fast an overall team as in the past years. Warren is much faster as a team than last year. But it will still be a tough road for the Warriors. Warren has a tendancy to give up the big play. IE the 90 yard pass play when they failied to cover the bubble screen against Athens. The Warriors need 4 complete qtrs. to win, even if they put that together, this will be as mentioned a defining game, could be for both teams. Might come down to who has the ball last. I thought that the Athens game would/could be a game of the week, but both teams were, well ho-hum at times. I have to root with my heart and say if the Warriors come out on top it will be a close one. Go Blue.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Would like to see WARREN win...

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Jackson will win this game. They are in my opinion the best team in southeastern Ohio right now.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Daniel Larusso wrote:Jackson will win this game. They are in my opinion the best team in southeastern Ohio right now.

sheridan hasent given up a point yet....

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

NY BUCKS wrote:
Daniel Larusso wrote:Jackson will win this game. They are in my opinion the best team in southeastern Ohio right now.

sheridan hasent given up a point yet....
You mean other than the 21 points that Morgan scored on them

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Warren's defensive strength has been run defense all year. Looking at the scores Warren has given up, 90% of them are from long passing plays. The secondary is Warren's vulnerbility. Thats why I like this matchup for Warren, Jackson will be looking to run the ball down their throat. Warren will definately give up yards rushing, but Jackson isn't going to shove Warren around on the line and name the score.

Jackson's game with Logan shows they are very vulnerable in the secondary and to the big play, Warren's speciality. If Leffingwell starts slow like he has done the last couple weeks, Warren will be playing catch up all night. He has got to come out early and establish himself. Don't forget about Mays, he has three 100 yard games rushing this year. Tough, hard-to-tackle, shifty runner that has done a good job off keeping the opposing teams secondary honest all year.

Warren should score 3-4 times, but will the run defense stand up and make a statement? Can't wait to find out.

Return to “Football”