WEEK 1 HAMILTON TOWNSHIP@CHILLICOTHE

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

WEEK 1 HAMILTON TOWNSHIP@CHILLICOTHE

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

fist home game of the year means fish fry an awesome tradition.

cavs 17
rangers 7

CavsFan08
JV Team

Re: WEEK 1 HAMILTON TOWNSHIP@CHILLICOTHE

Post by CavsFan08 »

I had higher hopes for the season until our probable starting qb was ruled ineligible for the season due to transfer rules.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

HT

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Looking forward to visiting Chillicothe again, beautiful traditional setting for football, and I expect a great game.

Go Rangers!

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

[/b]
Zunardo wrote:Looking forward to visiting Chillicothe again, beautiful traditional setting for football, and I expect a great game.

Go Rangers!
were having a fish fry so come early

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I'll see what I can do. Is that at the home side concession stand, or outside the stadium?

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

After the London scrimmage, Hamilton by as many as they want :( I'm afraid it will be a long year for the CAVS.

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Zunardo wrote:I'll see what I can do. Is that at the home side concession stand, or outside the stadium?
it will be on the visitors side outside of the stadium

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

londons a good team but...it was a scrimmage will see if the cavs have it together come friday.

think positive my friend.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

cavalierfan1995 wrote:londons a good team but...it was a scrimmage will see if the cavs have it together come friday.

think positive my friend.
I try to be as positive as I can. I root for the boys, I cajole them to work hard, play hard, and be the best that they can be every week of every season. But I also am a realist. If our CAVS keep it close it will be a great job of coaching to change the desire and effort level displayed at London. If our CAVS pull off a win it will be a masterful job by the coaching staff. I love the CAVS! I love watching our boys grow into young men! I will be down in Chilly rooting my but off Friday night! But you better bring a heck of a lot more this Friday than last boys! Good Luck! GO CAVS!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Is the stadium still located at Arch & Stacey?

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Yes, and you fine folks will get the honor of breaking in Chilly's new vistor bleachers. Do not forget to get there early for the fish fry. AHHHH childhood memories :122245 I cannot wait for that fish :-D GO CAVS!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

GAMETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more talking boys, just get it done!!!!!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! :122246

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Any score on this game?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

It was 23-0 Chilli at the half and Hamilton scored 27 unanswered points in the 2nd half to win 27-23.

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

a tale of two half's in this one the cavalier offence didnt make it past the 50 in the second half but that wasnt the worst of it.

hears a you make the call moment

its 4th and long for the cavs they decide to punt they punt but its blocked and it goes back of the end zone and out of bounds the ref gives the football to the cavs and a fresh set of downs was that the right call or the wrong call?

other than that it was a crazy game congrats to the rangers for making a great comeback.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cavalierfan1995 wrote:a tale of two half's in this one the cavalier offence didnt make it past the 50 in the second half but that wasnt the worst of it.

hears a you make the call moment

its 4th and long for the cavs they decide to punt they punt but its blocked and it goes back of the end zone and out of bounds the ref gives the football to the cavs and a fresh set of downs was that the right call or the wrong call?

other than that it was a crazy game congrats to the rangers for making a great comeback.
I seen the same thing happen against the Tigers a couple years ago, Ironton blocked a punt back into the end zone and the other team got the ball back with a 1st down, doesn't seem right to me.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

The crazy wacky ruling by the referees was officially "a touchback".

How you can be punting from your own endzone and get it blocked out the back of the endzone and GET THE BALL BACK 1st and ten from your 20........wow.

The officials said the kid who blocked it from HT is the one who kicked it out the back of the endzone. (and by the way, he didn't intend to kick it out, it just went off his foot) Now, if I'm not mistaken, the punter can do that INTENTIONALLY on a bad snap to avoid giving up a TD......but its a safety instead. Now, the defensive player who blocks a punt can fall on it for 6 but can't kick it out the end zone for 2????

Without a defensive penalty or personal foul, I don't see any way possible Chillicothe should get the ball back. Chilli ran 8 consecutive plays without a first down or a defensive penalty......that's a first for me.

If any other teams have this occiciating crew and you are punting from your endzone, have your punter wait til they get to him, then kick it into their gut and let it go out of bounds.......free first and ten from your twenty!

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Grades for the game

Officiating crew D Safety not called a safety. Taking minutes to put the next ball in play. NOT a good crew.

HT offense C- Offense with too many turnovers and penalties BUT did score 2 TDs with nice passes. Also didnt convert 2 point conversions

HT Defense B+ In my opinion the unheralded star of the game. Just plain waxed Chillicothes offense in 2nd half and played decently in 1st half

HT Special teams A- Made FG and extra points Blocked a punt for what should have been a safety Returned 2 punts for TDs AND KO team pinned Chillicothe deep every time

HT coaching B- play calling a bit questionable early and shot gun almost killed them 2nd half entirely different attitude or adjustments at halftime really paid off

Chillicothe offense D- Just poor no passing game running backs tip toeing Oline no blocking without HT mistakes would have been lucky to get 10 points

Chillicothe defense C tale of 2 halves tackled well but let multiple receivers get behind them seemed tired at end of game because offense couldnt keep them off field

Chillicothe Special teams D- ONLY reason not an F would be the FG made and decent KO returns KO return team coulnt get ball to 20 PAT misses and really no reason to discuss the punt team whoever runs this group should be fired

Chillicothe coaching D While up 3 scores continued to throw ball incomplete thus stopping the clock allowing HT to have last minute. Burned last timeout when too many players on field during last drive. According to radio announcers directed QB to spike ball on 4th down with 14 seconds left

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Well, that was a crazy game, composed of two completely different halves.

Thanks for the tip on the Fish Fry, those sandwiches were excellent. The new visitor bleachers are very nice. Good luck to the Cavaliers on the rest of your season.

Return to “Football”