ironton football.com

jeffie4545
Freshman Team

ironton football.com

Post by jeffie4545 »

is there anyone out there that knows what happened to the website ??????????

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Re: ironton football.com

Post by Charley Hustle »

Why dont u PM KentuckyII, he is the only one who can answer your question..........and if he cant answer your question he knows who can........

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

Might find him on the chat forum.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

:roll:

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I have already done that and he says he is not going to bring it back :( I guess it just got to be too much for him. It is a shame because it was the best site. He says he asked for help the last couple of years and no one responded. I had no idea. Not to mention I wouldn't have known what to do to help. I don't know if any of you computer savvy people out there could convince him, with help, to resume it. Or maybe someone could take over where he left off. As a parent it was so nice to have this site to go to for pics of my son. Now that my youngest is playing I will truly miss this. I don't own a camera or a video camera and even if I did I don't take very good pics anyway.

I know many people from out of town used it to keep up with the Tigers. Family of mine from out of town went there to see my kids. As I know many others did too.

KantuckyII you will be missed and always appreciated for your hard work.

THANK YOU FROM A GREATFUL TIGER MOM!!!!!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Ron Ross is a teacher at IHS. I believe he teaches the computer classes there. It would be great if John Brown would donate all of his information to the school. Maybe the kids could then run the site? They have done a good job of putting up a site for the Ironton Classic. Mr. Ross email can be found on tigertown.com
It would be great if the Tiger students could run the site.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

That is a great idea!

beefcake
Waterboy

Post by beefcake »

sounds like a real good idea Dino,,maybe at the next clan meeting they can run it by Coach Lutz, to see what he thinks?

71tigeralum
Waterboy

Post by 71tigeralum »

IFC has been one of the best advertisements for Ironton and the Tigers than you could imagine. It was a great portal about the Tigers today, yesterday, the Tanks (one of the most under recoginzed parts of Ironton History and it's impact on the NFL and the Thanksgiving Day Game), and finally recognizing coaches including Bob Lutz. His record breaking post game celebration was great to see and was to me, the only way to share in his accomplishment and rewarding to see OHSAA finally act like something worthwhile was going on south of Columbus...

Those old photographs of days of yore and the game pictures and video of recent weeks were just a great way to keep in touch for those like me living far away and wanting to keep in touch with the Tigers. I live outside the USA up here in Michigan, and when the discussion about high school football comes up I'd point 'em to IrontonFootball.com and they would come back in awe. I would remind locals there was a reason why Henry Ford had the DTI and why there were still 100's of DTI rail cars in sidings along I-94 in Dearborn until recently.

Thanks for gettting it out there in the first place and keeping it up for so long. It had become a fixture to expect on the web.

It's value to the hearts and minds of Tiger fans everywhere is priceless.
It's departure will be missed and the affects are more widespread than can be imagined.. RIP - Go Tigers!!!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Dinocrocetti wrote:Ron Ross is a teacher at IHS. I believe he teaches the computer classes there. It would be great if John Brown would donate all of his information to the school. Maybe the kids could then run the site? They have done a good job of putting up a site for the Ironton Classic. Mr. Ross email can be found on tigertown.com
It would be great if the Tiger students could run the site.

Excellent idea!

gotigers98
JV Team

Post by gotigers98 »

I tried to email john brown from the email address that was on the irontonfootball.com facebook page about a month ago to see if I could takeover the site but I never got a response from him. If anyone knows another way that I could get in touch with him please email me at elitetristatesports@yahoo.com . I am currently in the process of starting my own website in which I am going to cover some high school teams and college teams in the area. I am trying to get information from the schools right now if anybody knows who the athletic director is for portsmouth, wheelersburg, or ashland please email me at elitetristatesports@yahoo.com.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

gotigers98 wrote:I tried to email john brown from the email address that was on the irontonfootball.com facebook page about a month ago to see if I could takeover the site but I never got a response from him. If anyone knows another way that I could get in touch with him please email me at elitetristatesports@yahoo.com . I am currently in the process of starting my own website in which I am going to cover some high school teams and college teams in the area. I am trying to get information from the schools right now if anybody knows who the athletic director is for portsmouth, wheelersburg, or ashland please email me at elitetristatesports@yahoo.com.
John Brown is on this site every day.......he can read and he knows how the parents and fans enjoyed IFC......I respect the fact he no longer wants to take the time to maintain the site but I do know he has been contacted by other individuals interested in taking the site over.......evidently he wants the folks to get on their knees and beg but I dont think that will happen.......

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Apparently, that's what John wants. He wants to begged to come back and feel like he is needed to do it. He is probably not running the site as a grudge to people who have nothing to do with the site or the team.

To be honest, I don't care much about the photos on the site and if they return. The guys at SOSP do a good job with that. I do, however, care about the information that was on the site. It probably took someone a long time to compile that information and it was nice to always look and see who we played in the past. I agree with the idea above. Let the high school kids run it as a part of the electronic media program.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

John Brown did an excellent job with his website for Ironton. If he is no longer able to do it, he should not be criticized, he should be applauded for doing it as long as he did. He spent his time and money on a site that was informative for all. I especially loved his pictures of the games, players, etc. I imagine that could be expensive to run site like his as well as very time consuming. I'm not sure about copywrite laws or anything like that but it was his site. If there are people computer savvy and have a lot of free time, why not start another web site. The histories can be obtained from former players, old newspaper articles, etc. It would be a very good project for the students of the school to do if they have the time. I am in no way trying to disrepect anyone on here or cause any type of argument. Thank you Mr. Brown for all you did. As always, Go Tigers!

gotigers98
JV Team

Post by gotigers98 »

I wasn't disrespecting him at all, I thought he did a good job. I just thought since he didn't want to do it anymore I would buy the domain name and whatever else and take it over. I have some ideas of my own, and I am going forward with my own website that I think fans of irontonfootball.com will enjoy once it is up. So it is no big deal if I ever get in touch with him. I think it was a good site though. go tigers

beefcake
Waterboy

Post by beefcake »

every one wants to bash and cry the man that ran that site for 10 years for FREE, and with very little help, why not just start a site of your own and run it insted of asking for someone elses? its very easy to do :122246

thats like hanging a Trophy buck on your wall,,,THAT SOMEONE ELSE KILLED. 8)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tigermama wrote:John Brown did an excellent job with his website for Ironton. If he is no longer able to do it, he should not be criticized, he should be applauded for doing it as long as he did. He spent his time and money on a site that was informative for all. I especially loved his pictures of the games, players, etc. I imagine that could be expensive to run site like his as well as very time consuming. I'm not sure about copywrite laws or anything like that but it was his site. If there are people computer savvy and have a lot of free time, why not start another web site. The histories can be obtained from former players, old newspaper articles, etc. It would be a very good project for the students of the school to do if they have the time. I am in no way trying to disrepect anyone on here or cause any type of argument. Thank you Mr. Brown for all you did. As always, Go Tigers!
-------------------------------------------------I AGREE, AND I'D GLADLY DONATE TO HELP WITH THE SITE. I NEVER KNEW OF THE FINANCIAL STRUGGLES. I KNOW JOHN WORKED CONSTANTLY GETTING THE STUFF POSTED, AND WILL DEARLY MISS IT. I DO HOPE IT CAN BE KEPT UP N RUNNING SOMEHOW.

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

I ran a Portsmouth Football site for four plus years. It cost some money but the time involved is immense. At that time, John ran Ironton Football and I think it was Spencer maybe who ran Logan Football, An SEOAL site and this site. I can remember shooting pictures and videos at the game until 10:30, then going home and offloading until 1:00 AM and spending most of the weekend, through college and pro football, editing to get everything ready to upload so the fans could view it in a timely manner. On tuesday or wednesday I would worry about finding something to upload as a preview for the upcoming week. It was like a constant rush to press and I was definately burnt out even though I still Love Trojan football it was just too much. I'd say Kentucky needs both financial and editing help and probably just doesn't get enough out of it to cover the burnout.

Good Luck Kentucky.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, i had no idea how time consuming it was.

Return to “Football”