Ironton's projected starting lineup

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Ironton's projected starting lineup

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Does anyone have an idea of who will be starting for the 2011 version of the Fighting Tigers?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton's projected starting lineup

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It's hard to say at this point, with alot of talent returning and a few new faces on the Team that didn't play last year. Should be some pretty good battles for starting positions, especially with all the talent in the backfield. We'll see who shows up Thursday and go from there.

Returning starters:

Tyler Hager
Brandon Leach
Schyler Fields
Dakota Taylor
Gage Roach
Tyler Kratzenburg
Jake Rawlins
Nick Culbertson
Trevor White
Michael Lawless
Tom Saul
Dion Brown
Cody Jones - would have started at LB but do to injury missed out on the season, sounds like he's back stronger than ever.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Well conditioning started today!!!!!! I love football season!!! I like basketball and baseball, but I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!

I heard Coach Lutz tell the boys that some of them were in better shape than last year. Let's hope that is a good sign!! I know this is a great group and I am excited about this season!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

86Tiger wrote:Well conditioning started today!!!!!! I love football season!!! I like basketball and baseball, but I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!

I heard Coach Lutz tell the boys that some of them were in better shape than last year. Let's hope that is a good sign!! I know this is a great group and I am excited about this season!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!
I agree, Football season is awesome........

I have to agree with Coach Lutz, several of boys looked to be in really great shape, you can tell they have been hitting the weight room. there's some big boys on the Team this year that's for sure, as a whole probably the biggest I've seen in awhile. It's going to be another exciting season of TIGER FOOTBALL....

GO TIGERS..............

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

What? No Murphy? j/k :122246

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Nope no Murphy for the last 2 years!!!!! Tony was the last and he graduated in '09.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I was only kidding, it seems like there has been a Murphy in the line-up for 20 years!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Is Brown moving?

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

No Dion is not moving and he has been at conditioning everyday.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

are there any basketball players playing football this year. how many do we have out. thanks .

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

86Tiger wrote:No Dion is not moving and he has been at conditioning everyday.
How has he recovered from his injuries? I remember watching him in middle school and expecting BIG things from him at the varsity level, but the injuries have been very unfortunate. Is he healthy and ready to go?

Brown, White, and Hager are gonna be a load for Ironton's opponents.

JIMMAH
Riding the Bench

Post by JIMMAH »

ironman02 wrote:
How has he recovered from his injuries? I remember watching him in middle school and expecting BIG things from him at the varsity level, but the injuries have been very unfortunate. Is he healthy and ready to go?

I heard he enrolled at South Point last week...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

JIMMAH wrote:
ironman02 wrote:

I heard he enrolled at South Point last week...
I guess you heard wrong, He was at practice today, He looks really good. Cody Jones will be in the mix at Fullback also, Cody looks really good. The backfield is in great shape, alot of good backs to choose from.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Yes Dion is healthy. No he did not enroll at SP. I am excited to watch him, Trevor and Tyler this year. It should be a great season!

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

86Tiger wrote:Yes Dion is healthy. No he did not enroll at SP. I am excited to watch him, Trevor and Tyler this year. It should be a great season!
86tiger have you heard that someone from the Point is trying to entice Dion to transfer up there. Shouldn't that be looked into.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Yes I heard that too but I am not the one who posted that on here. I believe it will be, but don't quote me.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

According to all other Lawrence County schools.......only Ironton recruits :122249

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

dont leave out kentucky and huntington wva to their pipeline

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

sprinter14 wrote:According to all other Lawrence County schools.......only Ironton recruits :122249
All the other schools have transfers, only Ironton has recruits at least according to this website. I could go through every school in Southern Ohio and show you kids from other schools who have transfered. We could start at Bellaire, across to Chillicothe, down to Wheelersburg, back to Ironton and up to Gallipolis. As long as you have open enrollment you'll have these transfers, not only in football but also in basketball. I know it is getting harder to become eligible after transferring than it used to be. I know of a young lady who transferred from another state to Ohio. Her mother and father were divorced and she was living with her mother. She decided she wanted to live with her father. In order for her to become eligible to play sports, her father had to go to court to become the custodial parent since they had shared parenting. They also had to write a cover letter explaining why she transferred. It's not easy anymore and rightfully so.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Malcontent wrote:
sprinter14 wrote:According to all other Lawrence County schools.......only Ironton recruits :122249
All the other schools have transfers, only Ironton has recruits at least according to this website. I could go through every school in Southern Ohio and show you kids from other schools who have transfered. We could start at Bellaire, across to Chillicothe, down to Wheelersburg, back to Ironton and up to Gallipolis. As long as you have open enrollment you'll have these transfers, not only in football but also in basketball. I know it is getting harder to become eligible after transferring than it used to be. I know of a young lady who transferred from another state to Ohio. Her mother and father were divorced and she was living with her mother. She decided she wanted to live with her father. In order for her to become eligible to play sports, her father had to go to court to become the custodial parent since they had shared parenting. They also had to write a cover letter explaining why she transferred. It's not easy anymore and rightfully so.

All you have to do is drive down north second street to the hanging rock line and watch about 10 kids that live in ironton, get on the rock hill school bus. Several Ironton kids also go to Coal Grove. Football is high profile so they call it recruiting when a kid plays sposrts. Ridiculous.

Return to “Football”