SOC II 2011

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

SOC II 2011

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Didn't see a topic on this one yet so I figured I would start it. Should be another good year in the SOC II with several potential playoff teams.

From an outsiders viewpoint here's what I expect, this is in no particular order:

Minford: Brings back a lot of starters on the O and D lines. Lose several skill players but have kids coming in at every position that saw varsity time last season. The Falcons will rely heavily on the line play, which could potentially carry them a long ways.

Wheelersburg: Losing everything right down to the dang stadium, literally. Some look for them to be down but who knows. People thought this past year was a lost year but they circled the wagons and put everything together very well.

Valley: Bringing back quite a bit from what I understand. Yates is a top notch player. They will competer in every game and might just "suprise" a few people.

West: Pendleton is gone, but otherwise they have a lot of talent coming back. They are going to be a tough team. When Pendleton was out last year the other guys stepped in and impressed me. Might just be a better overall team with the QB having another year of experience under his belt.

Northwest: Look to be heading up, not even close to competing for a SOC II title, but at least they are winning some non-conference games now.

Waverly: Can things get any worse? I have to think they will improve, only one way to go for them.

coop
SEOPS

Re: SOC II 2011

Post by coop »

I think right now Valley and West look to be the front runners...The Indians were a "controversial" play away from 4-1 and 2nd alone in the league, and with what they have coming back, they should contend.

West loses Mr. Everything, but they also return alot of key skill players and, they are a hard nosed group

Minford lost some real skill as you said, but line play will be key for the Falcons.

Wheelersburg is......Wheelersburg.

Northwest and Waverly fighting it out at the bottom (really suprised with Waverly, but they will return)

I think it will be another great year of football in the SOC!

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Agreed

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:I think right now Valley and West look to be the front runners...The Indians were a "controversial" play away from 4-1 and 2nd alone in the league, and with what they have coming back, they should contend.

West loses Mr. Everything, but they also return alot of key skill players and, they are a hard nosed group

Minford lost some real skill as you said, but line play will be key for the Falcons.

Northwest and Waverly fighting it out at the bottom (really suprised with Waverly, but they will return)

The RB in question came up short ;-)

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:I think right now Valley and West look to be the front runners...The Indians were a "controversial" play away from 4-1 and 2nd alone in the league, and with what they have coming back, they should contend.

If you slobber knock all the teams in the league then there is no "controversial" play or falling a yard short ;-) ;-) :)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

D-5 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

If you slobber knock all the teams in the league then there is no "controversial" play or falling a yard short ;-) ;-) :)

Very true!

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Heard Minford got a transfer in from out of state....football,baseball,bball player...from the looks of him could be a immediate impact..for all sports..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ON THE ROCKS wrote:Heard Minford got a transfer in from out of state....football,baseball,bball player...from the looks of him could be a immediate impact..for all sports..

What grade is he in?

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Enrolled as soph...heard he was at bball pracs last night..6'3 190...RB,LB football

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

I'm going to go with Valley or West in 2011 . I dont think anybody is going to slow either team down until they play each other and that game is at Valley so I like the Indians in that game. As far as the last game between the Falcons and Indians Santa came early bearing 2 gifts Yates was injured and of course the Very contriversial call If Yates is healthy it would've been a blowout .

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I guess Minford should have postponed the game untill you were ready to play !

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

N B Heat wrote:I'm going to go with Valley or West in 2011 . I dont think anybody is going to slow either team down until they play each other and that game is at Valley so I like the Indians in that game. As far as the last game between the Falcons and Indians Santa came early bearing 2 gifts Yates was injured and of course the Very contriversial call If Yates is healthy it would've been a blowout .
Ok one last time for everyone that has problems understanding what happened. Valley knew Yates was out the WHOLE week. If the coaching staff couldn't get the backup ready to play better than that they are to blame. Butcher got hurt in the 1ST QUARTER. That means about 45 seconds to get our backup ready to play. The fact is our backup won the game with 45 seconds prep time when valleys backup had a whole week to prepare. The game will always be a W for Minford and an L for valley so learn to live with it. If 'ifs' 'ands' and 'buts' were candy and nuts it would be Chrsitmas everyday.

If Butcher plays the whole game, it's a blowout. ;-)

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

N B Heat wrote:I'm going to go with Valley or West in 2011 . I dont think anybody is going to slow either team down until they play each other and that game is at Valley so I like the Indians in that game. As far as the last game between the Falcons and Indians Santa came early bearing 2 gifts Yates was injured and of course the Very contriversial call If Yates is healthy it would've been a blowout .

Controversial only to the Valley blowhards. Give it a break. You cant beat Minford.

Put Cam Newton in the backfield for Valley and their coaches would still find a way to choke. Butcher would have ran all over Valley, JUST LIKE HE DID THE FIRST SERIES WHEN HE WAS IN THE GAME. Valley fans should be glad Butcher wasnt healthy the entire game. It would have been ugly.

Big coach will crap his pants again next year, just wait and see. Daniels OWNS Big coach.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

^ Agreed

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FYI, if Butcher played the entire game it would have been by 4 TDs as that Soph that went in was thrown into the game and just handed the ball off. He did a good job for coming cold off the bench and not having a week to prepare in practice like stated above.

The Valley fans are still living in the past when they had 5 weeks of practice to get ready for Minford in the SOC 1. The only reason why they had success in the 1990s is because Minford was playing orange and black schools in a consecutive manner and now that Valley has to run the same gauntlet they cannot beat Minford.

I predicted years ago, over on the puddle, when Valley first joined the SOC II they would not beat Minford for at least 5 years, and it turns out I was absolutely correct. Valley has yet to prove they can beat Minford since joining the SOCII and I don’t see it changing this year.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

who cares. its 2011now. The league will be a toss up with valley and west leading the way. everyone else will be underdogs and rightfully so.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

eddie wrote:who cares. its 2011now. The league will be a toss up with valley and west leading the way. everyone else will be underdogs and rightfully so.

Valley will have a good squad. But they will finish 4th in the SOC II this year. People will count Burg out, West and Minford will be strong and Waverly and Northwest bring it up the rear. Just the way it will be.

I dont see Valley being very healthy at the end of the year against Minford. Valley will have just as good skill players, but I see Minford absolutely dominating the LOS.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

valley and west only lose a few off the OL but they return their skill players or at least most of their skill.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

The rest of us will be the under----doggggs

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:
eddie wrote:who cares. its 2011now. The league will be a toss up with valley and west leading the way. everyone else will be underdogs and rightfully so.

Valley will have a good squad. But they will finish 4th in the SOC II this year. People will count Burg out, West and Minford will be strong and Waverly and Northwest bring it up the rear. Just the way it will be.

I dont see Valley being very healthy at the end of the year against Minford. Valley will have just as good skill players, but I see Minford absolutely dominating the LOS.

Minford didn't dominate the LOS this year and Valley brings back basically everyone from that offensive line. Crabtree, Riehl, and Hettinger all return. Taulbee and Wamsley graduate as well as Ty Johnson, but he was done by the Minford game anyway.

I'm done arguing with Minford fans. We all know that will get us nowhere, but as good as Butcher was, you will never convince me that losing him was just as important to Minford as losing Yates was to the Indians. Losing a throwing quarterback in a spread offense is 10x worse than losing a Wing-T quarterback.

Return to “Football”