Paladin's record as a head coach...anyone know

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Paladin's record as a head coach...anyone know

Post by pigskinguru »

Paladin is always passing out his knowledge on the game. How well did he do as a head coach? He seems to know football, and he is always passing out advice on how to improve your team. Does anyone know the years he coached or the records of his teams. I don't want to know who you scheduled (like you told in a previous post). We know scheduling up makes you better...so how much better did your teams become recordwise... because that's how all coaches are measured.
Let's all give him some respect, if it is warranted. Someone help us out... so Paladin can get the respect he possibly deserves.

Don't want or need his name, just want to see how successful he was so that we can see how much credibility he has when he is critiquing all these schools down here. Paladin, you can help with this info also. Don't want to know how much money you made, or how much better you are than all of us southeastern Ohioans, or any of the other things you told us about earlier. Just curious on what your record was as a head coach.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Paladin's record as a head coach...anyone know

Post by Orange and Brown »

He is so good he doesn't have to coach. His presents is all that is required to bring glory to any school in Ohio.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Orange and Brown wrote:He is so good he doesn't have to coach. His presents is all that is required to bring glory to any school in Ohio.

I was just wanting to know a little about the guy who seems to know what it takes to build and run a program. Someone has to know how successful he was? If he was a highly successful coach, then maybe we all should listen to what he has to say.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

O&B - Keep your helmet on, I see a kick in the head coming........

I have to agree with pigskinguru on this one. While I don't agree with the majority of what Paladin posts, I must agree that he has a great football IQ. He has consistently praised my alma mater's legendary coach, Jay Circosta, as he coached against Chief Jay, and has nothing but respect for the program in Woodsfield.

I would be interested to hear what his coaching record was as well, not to criticize him, but to understand his level of success. If we knew where and when he coached, it would be much easier to accept some of his posts.

Yea, some may say that revealing this would put him at risk for criticism, but that's fair, as he can be quite critical of SE Ohio football, the programs, the AD's, and the coaches. Fair is fair.

I have no intention of bashing him, and I'm sure alot of others have no desire to do that either.

So, will we get a clear and honest response to this request, or be rebuffed, or just be greeted with silence?????

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Steely Dan wrote:O&B - Keep your helmet on, I see a kick in the head coming........

I have to agree with pigskinguru on this one. While I don't agree with the majority of what Paladin posts, I must agree that he has a great football IQ. He has consistently praised my alma mater's legendary coach, Jay Circosta, as he coached against Chief Jay, and has nothing but respect for the program in Woodsfield.

I would be interested to hear what his coaching record was as well, not to criticize him, but to understand his level of success. If we knew where and when he coached, it would be much easier to accept some of his posts.

Yea, some may say that revealing this would put him at risk for criticism, but that's fair, as he can be quite critical of SE Ohio football, the programs, the AD's, and the coaches. Fair is fair.

I have no intention of bashing him, and I'm sure alot of others have no desire to do that either.

So, will we get a clear and honest response to this request, or be rebuffed, or just be greeted with silence?????

Couldn't have said it better myself. Will we get an honest answer or just more ramblings on why no one is ever successful down in southeastern Ohio. Let us see who is passing out all the advice. Then, we should have a clearer picture on how well Paladin did when he was in charge of making his own program successful.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Orange and Brown wrote:He is so good he doesn't have to coach. His presents is all that is required to bring glory to any school in Ohio.

If he's passing out "presents" then I want a new Camaro. :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

If he's passing out "presents" then I want a new Camaro. :mrgreen:
Better go with a foreign...maybe Acura or Lexus......American car makers are still going downhill....

As for Paladin's record, I would make the over/under somewhere around .600

I would probably take the under, you know because of that tough talent they scheduled ;-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

gahs4ever wrote:Point of order:

If Paladin has to have a winning record as a head coach in order for his opinions and posts to have credibility, then how does anyone who NEVER coached or even played the game have a credible opinion?

If you have to have an impressive resume in order to validate yourself, then this is going to be a very lonely place and the few remaining dont even need an internet site. They can just meet at a central location over a few cold ones and settle things among themselves.

Who is buying the cold ones?

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

If Paladin has to have a winning record as a head coach in order for his opinions and posts to have credibility, then how does anyone who NEVER coached or even played the game have a credible opinion?

If you have to have an impressive resume in order to validate yourself, then this is going to be a very lonely place and the few remaining dont even need an internet site. They can just meet at a central location over a few cold ones and settle things among themselves.
Can't a person wonder what a person's record was as a head coach? Aren't you curious what the man's record was when he was in charge of leading a program. He says this and that about why the southeast will never be any good. I think that his advice would have more credibility if he was successful as a head coach. Sorry you feel otherwise. Not saying he can't have an opinion or some credibility. He constantly downgrades many programs, but it would be nice to see what success he had as a coach, so we can weigh it against the programs that he continually bashes. I don't think that is asking too much.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

pigskinguru wrote:

Can't a person wonder what a person's record was as a head coach? Aren't you curious what the man's record was when he was in charge of leading a program. He says this and that about why the southeast will never be any good. I think that his advice would have more credibility if he was successful as a head coach. Sorry you feel otherwise. Not saying he can't have an opinion or some credibility. He constantly downgrades many programs, but it would be nice to see what success he had as a coach, so we can weigh it against the programs that he continually bashes. I don't think that is asking too much.

I agree with you 100%. I would be amazed if the old man responded with some stats. He will just respond with more mumbo jumbo.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The info is out there

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

pigskinguru wrote:

YOUR LOOKING FOR A PUBLIC STONING....
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HIS RECORD AS A COACH. PM HIM AND ASK HIM. I'M SURE MOST COACHES PASSED AND PRESENT THAT ARE ON HERE DON'T WANT THEY'RE REAL NAMES KNOWN..... AND FOR GOOD REASON!
YOUR ATTEMPED IS VERY POOR FOR TRYING TO AMBUSH SOMEONE.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Yes I agree. There will certainly only be three or four of us left, and I will buy the first round. Can you have a beer summit with an even number? :mrgreen:

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I know for a fact that Paladin was a very good football player.. I saw him play . As a coach? don't know and don't care...
His opinion is straight up.. You don't have to agree, I don't agree some times... But for the most part I think he is right on..
Some posters are way too sensitive...

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

87 you and paldi must be really close....i think since he bashes everyone in SEO he should at least honor us with how great he was as a coach.... i will give him his due he does pick very well on the big games... you know the boys that do not reside in LOWLY SEO...BY THE WAY I WOULD BE SO INTERESTED IN HIS RECORD AGAINST ANY SEO TEAM......NO WAIT THAT WOULD ALWAYS BE 1000%... MY BET IS HE GOT BEAT BY SOME SEO TEAM AND HAD TO RETIRE......

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Better yet what was Paldis record in the play offs....had to be state champion every year...what with him only scheduling semi pro teams to play every year.....interesting

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

footballfanatic1 wrote:87 you and paldi must be really close....i think since he bashes everyone in SEO he should at least honor us with how great he was as a coach.... i will give him his due he does pick very well on the big games... you know the boys that do not reside in LOWLY SEO...BY THE WAY I WOULD BE SO INTERESTED IN HIS RECORD AGAINST ANY SEO TEAM......NO WAIT THAT WOULD ALWAYS BE 1000%... MY BET IS HE GOT BEAT BY SOME SEO TEAM AND HAD TO RETIRE......
this is a public forum, he is entittled to his opions just as you are. a good coach isn't just in his win/lose record, it goes far beyond that. its what instills in his players, staff and community. i don't think coach lutz would have lasted near as long at ironton if he did have the those 3 qualities. all around him are lucky for that.
again, look outside the box and not for a public stoning b/c YOU don't like something.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

agreed but my problem with paldi has always been his problem of putting down players,schools and communities......not a good quality...do you not agree?????

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I can tell you that Paladin was a 1st Team All-SEOAL selection and 2nd Team All-District Selection his senior year at Logan.

He was never a head coach at LHS.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

javagt -- thanks for the compliment. Most thought I was pretty good. But that & $1.50 still gets me a cup of coffee, lol.

Ditto Locos. BTW, served as an assist at Logan with a 9-1 team.

here's a teaser -- didn't play many teams in SEO as the schedule stayed pretty much local with Central District & Eastern District heavy flavor. I had them join what was then an early Pioneer Valley League ( Woodsfield, soon to be Monroe Central, Beallsville, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Meadowbrook with Fort Frye coming in and Frontier lined up), winning it the second year after finishing second the first year. But added a SEO team soon to non-league schedule -- Nelsonville York. Old story -- Boston was the HC and we took 3 of 4 games with him. Burned him up. The spankings were pretty convincing but the last game was ugly for us. Pre-season , we scrimmaged Glouster down there and were putting it to them pretty good. Boston was in the stands scouting us, with his entire staff. I was told he sought advice from O.U.'s staff on how to handle us. In reality, we were down that year and I had to eventually toss the starting QB/ punter before the N-Y game because he was caught in a gambling plot -- was purposely shanking punts , fumbling & throwing INTs for his older brother , who was collecting big bets with the local mobsters in a gambling scandal. Boston got his wish and finally spanked us 50-0 that nite. Most memories are good but there is a bad one.

Return to “Football”