Oak Hill Football 2011

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Oak Hill Football 2011

Post by KINGheat »

Are they playing an easy schedule? Or are they really that good. Lets hear your views

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Views on The Oak Hill Oaks

Post by fuzzhead »

They have a great bunch of seniors, but they are very thin. They will faire no worse than regional runners up. That is not the result of an easy schedule.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

They are in the Regional Finals...That is probably all that matters to them right about now.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill played 4 playoff teams (including this past weeks game with Minford) and are 3-1 against them, so I would say they didnt play a cupcake schedule.

My opinion would be they play an equal schedule to what Fredericktown plays.

It sounded like Burg threw the ball all over Fredericktown. If Oak Hill can really get their passing game going, they will win the game. But they only threw the ball for 147 yards against Minford, it will take more than that to keep Fredericktown on their toes defensively.

Fredericktown opponents were 46-54 in the regular season
Oak Hill opponents were 55-45.....so you be the judge.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't think the problem will be whether or not Oak Hill can score on the Freddies. It will be can they keep the Freddies from scoring. The Burg scored twice on them and could have one, possibly two, more if not for penalties bringing back big plays and killing drives. FT's line opened up holes for their backs that a truck could have driven through and they run very hard and are very fast. I saw numerous times where they would be hit in the backfield and break free to get a lot of positive yardage and quite a few times they would get 5 or more extra yards by driving the pile backwards. The Oaks will definitely have their hands full but if they play error free I think they can hang right with them.

#23 is very quick and very illusive as is the QB #13. #23 likes to spin to his left as soon as he feels contact so watch for that and also keep an eye on #1 as he likes to get hits on unsuspecting players away from the play when they aren't looking. He got Stegman quite a few times that way. I'm not saying he's a dirt player, but I saw numerous times when the play was yards away from where he was and almost dead and he would run up and give Stegman a pretty good pop when Andy wasn't watching him, but watching the play. Also keep an eye on the big TE. They like to throw to him over the middle and he has good hands.

breeze
Waterboy

Post by breeze »

I would not say it was an easy schedule. The Oaks defeated the Pirates (SOC II Champs). It has not been that long ago (2005?) that Lucasville Valley came out as SOC I champs and went to the Region 19 championship game against Centerburg. After 2 playoff wins that argument is gone. Good luck Oaks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It doesn't matter what it is.

The Oak Hill Oaks are in the regional finals.

You can't win if you don't play.

Go Oaks!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The Oaks have without a doubt played a weak schedule, but they can only play what was put in front of them. I do commend them for adding some better competition this season with the addition of Burg, and New Richmond.
Oak Hill though, in all honesty played 3 good teams all year. Burg, Minford, and New Richmond, and had several weak opponents in between so they had plenty of time to prepare and nurse any injuries.
Once the playoffs started, they have played Coal Grove, whose only quality win was against a 5-5 Athens team. Sorry, but I just don’t consider them a very tough challenge either.
Last week they had what in my opinion is their most impressive win, in a come from behind victory over a team that had already beat them this season. ( lots of teams would have quit in that situation) This will be the first time all year the Oaks will play tough competition in back to back weeks. Will they be up to the challenge? I think so. Will they win, I have no clue but I believe they will show up, and be a tough out for Fredericktown if nothing else.
Best of luck Oaks bring home the region.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

I was surprised for that games outcome against Minford. Big plays can change the whole game. Next year I don't see the oaks having a winning schedule.

theOSUfan
Waterboy

Post by theOSUfan »

I think that this year they really are that good...

Best of luck to all of you Oaks!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Doesn't matter what kind of schedule they played or what people think. They are playing for a reginiol Championship! That should tell everyone what kind of team they are.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Oaks are still playing and thats the bottom line. IMO, it will be very difficult to beat the Freddies. The keys for an Oak Hill win IMO will be: keep the Freddie offense off the field, not give up big plays and not turn the ball over. Best of luck to fellow SOC member Oak Hill.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Oak Hill has not played a team as good as the top 3 teams in Fredericktown's league in my opinion Two DIV teams that were 9 & 10 in region 15 were handled by the Freddies. How bad would Ironton beat the Oaks? I don't think that game would be close. Ironton and Fredericktown are close in talent and style of play even though I have not really seen Ironton play in person. I do think that when you have a couple of good athlete's like the Oaks do that can make an interesting game, but the better team will win I think and Fredericktown should control this game. Do I think Oaks play a weak schedule? Not really, but just like Fredericktown's schedule/league you can only play who is on your schedule. Sometimes you put someone on the schedule and they are not as good as you thought...

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

REGIONAL FINALS, I think that is all that needs to be said.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

Its all done now

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

They had a nice team played the schedule that was delt them through their league,great "GREAT" collection of athletes in that Sr Class Now the classes under them will be judged on what they did and have to live up to that standard. Not fair!
I also see it being very tough for them to get back to the playoffs,they have quite a drop in talent.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:They had a nice team played the schedule that was delt them through their league,great "GREAT" collection of athletes in that Sr Class Now the classes under them will be judged on what they did and have to live up to that standard. Not fair!
I also see it being very tough for them to get back to the playoffs,they have quite a drop in talent.

:mrgreen:

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Great Senior class. The Oaks will take some big thumpings next year. Definitely will not be back in the playoffs for quite some time.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

The Oaks beat Wellston.

Can any other school in Jackson County say that this season?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Best team in school history. Oak Hill will never be anywhere near that again. Bittersweet, but the memories will last a lifetime. Glad I got to watch 'em play.

Return to “Football”