SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

West_Sider
Freshman Team

SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Post by West_Sider »

Tons of computer points, a outright SOC title for Wheelersburg, or a share for West.
But, this game is really about PRIDE. I look for a good ole fashion smashmouth game.

I hope they allow Trevon to lead the team on the field. Won't be Shank vs Pendleton as we all had hoped, but West has plenty in the backfield and Ratliff will be the "X Factor" for West.

Good luck to both teams, lets hope for an injury free game going into the playoffs.

coop
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg (7-2) @ Portsmouth West (8-1)

Post by coop »

Burg is GOOD, hoping for a Valley win and a West upset to give the Indians a share of the SOC 2

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

^^ Still think burg needs the win not only for sole SOC2 but for the playoffs, Good luck to both teams!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Should be a good game, West now has a different gameplan knowing #8 is gone....but I still take Burg here.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Wheelersburg's "O" line to dominant right now, and Shank seems unstoppable.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg big in this one. I will take Burg by 14-21 pts. Shank will have another big night and prove the doubters (not many left) wrong.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

It comes down to the Oline vs the Dline. Both teams are runners first, pass second. Ratliff is a good passer, could make a difference. Shears can throw the ball too, hasnt had to. What I saw tonight in the Valley vs burg game was a valley V, 11 men in the box, and couldnt stop the run. If shears can make a triple fake and hit a TE down the middle? Sounds like West now! LOL. Losing Trevon is a minus for West, but the Siders have shown they can still run the ball very effective. Burg impressed me with the tenacity on D, especially the speed, to contain Yates and generally keep the pass in front of them.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Watch out! Burg is for real and they might not lose again until the state semis!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Fuzz just jinxed us! LOL!! This will be another great game for sure!!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

The only time West has been hurt this year on defense...i.e. Minford, and Valley it has been thru the air. They have a much better run D than either Minford or Valley. Shank is an excellent player, best in the area, but he will find it more difficult to run against this West team than the other SOC teams including Oak Hill.

Whichever team passes the ball the best in this game will win. And of course, limit turnovers.

There is a reason this game was moved to GAME 10... "The Game" of Southeastern Ohio.

West players and fans feel the same way OSU feels about SCum... and I hope that feeling is mutual.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I watched yates run alot over Wests defense. he had 34 yards vs burg slow defense.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

demaniac1 wrote:I watched yates run alot over Wests defense. he had 34 yards vs burg slow defense.

We shall see.. Thats why they play the game. Cant wait, should be a hard fought, slobber knocker.

Kids will decide the winner. Not stats, or you and I.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

U got that right!! LOL!! The teams respect each other and this will be a total team effort from both squads from minute one! Just gotta ask u, what is SCum? I missed that one!!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Post by West_Sider »

scUM = University of Michigan... or that state up north... that school up 52 EAST aka.. Porter Twp.. :122245
Last edited by West_Sider on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg is comin into the game off a win that many think was a upset while west come in off a BLOWOUT of northwest. This game could get very ugly quick. I agree with a earlier post sayin it won't be schank vs pendelton like we all wanted. Burg has to take care of business and they will be playin at home wk 11. Burg by at least 21

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fuzzhead wrote:Watch out! Burg is for real and they might not lose again until the state semis!

What makes you think they will lose in the semi's?

The burg has to take one game at a time and let it all fall into place

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Watch out! Burg is for real and they might not lose again until the state semis!

What makes you think they will lose in the semi's?

The burg has to take one game at a time and let it all fall into place
If they get there.... and they get the same draw West did.. they would get Youngstown Ursline... and that is a for a fact loss. Sorry.. but the Irish are good enough to win pretty much any division save possibly DI....

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

however, I know they will be focused on week 10

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Looks like West should be "clinched" on a playoff birth. A win vs. "The Dreadful Burg" would clinch a home game. Looks like its the same for "The Dreadful Burg". Winner plays at home week 11. Loser will travel. Wonder what a tie does..

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

On paper, I would pick Wheelersburg by a bunch. But, this game isn't played on paper and in rivalry games that include a league title and playoff implications..............anything could happen. I still think Burg is the favorite to win, but I wouldn't be shocked if West were able to knock them off.

Return to “Football”