GRIDIRON GLORY PLAYER OF THE YEAR

ironman93
Waterboy

Re: GRIDIRON GLORY PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Post by ironman93 »

Klay Arthur! The kid had a great season rushed over 1000 in 8 games.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

king Arthur ..... man what a great group of young men... all winners

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Wasonga because he will be palying D-1 for sure.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Hands down, should have been last year especially if you look at his number of carries compared to the others. Big Reds don't feed him the ball enough.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

There is not a player on thats list as good as Wasonga. When Penn St., WVU, and Ohio St. are in your top 5, you know the kid is good.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

If this is based on talent alone, then Wasonga should win hands down. I have seen him play many times for both Point and Parkersburg and the kid is a freak for this area. He's a kid that is already ready for college play and already has the body of a college player. By the time he hits the hole he is already at full speed which is usually to late for the defense to react and he can either go through you or around you. I have seen games where it seriously took nine guys to bring him down. Don't know if he is good enough to be a Big 10 running back but if he went somewhere like WVU or Marshall he would make an immediate impact. I would also like to see him go to Tennessee and see what he could do against the SEC as well.
Last edited by Mercerville Monster on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

What I have for Dyla's career rushing stats is 4,583 yards and 51 TDs (Through week 8 of this year)

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

gahs4ever wrote:I believe the Dyla kid from Trimble is around 6,000 yards rushing for his career.
It is not a career award, people look at that to often. It is an award for the player with the most outstanding 2010 season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nathan Dean gets my vote.

Justin Cunningham should have made that list though.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ironman93 wrote:Klay Arthur! The kid had a great season rushed over 1000 in 8 games.
gahs4ever wrote:So has Wilson with 22 TDS. I believe the Dyla kid from Trimble is around 6,000 yards rushing for his career. Lost track of Wasonga after he left Point Pleasant, but he was the fastest thing Ive seen in these parts in 2008 when GAHS and Point last played.
I would like to compare the stats of these two against the best team they have played (Ironton)...

If you look at that, then I think Klay Arthur gets the nod.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

FT45 I AGREE. PLUS THE FACT THAT ARTHUR ALSO HAS ANOTHER BACK IN THE BACKFIELD WITH HIM THAT IS AVERERAGING ALMOST 9 YRD PER CARRY AND HAS PROBABLY 600 YRD HIMSELF.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

schenk11, I realize it is not a career award, just listing the statistics of a great career. Most Trimble people know that Dyla won't get the award. Being from a small school hamstrings a nominee since the award is, in part, based on the number of fans who vote for you. Look at their past winners, I can't think of one that is from a school smaller than Division III

Dyla rushed for 1,200+ yards as a sophomore and got to the second round of the playoffs, not nominated

rushed for a single season school record last season and wasn't a finalist

Has 1,400+ yards this year and probably won't be listed as a finalist this season.

So I'm just trying to give a little credit to a kid for three great seasons and a great, record setting career.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

gahs4ever wrote:FT45: I have no idea why you single out one non league game the two have in common and disregard all the others; most of which are SEOAL league games, but that is your right.

Barring a complete collapse, Wilson will own most of the single season rushing/scoring/all purpose yard records at Gallia Academy and it is in the area of all purpose yards where his compete value is demonstrated even though he has over 1000 yds rushig and scored 22 TDs thus far.

I am not suggesting that Wilson should win the award because I am not familiar with some of the outstanding athletes on the list. I am saying that it is grossly unfair to look at one game only to the exclusion of the other nine. JMO
If the stats are identical, then I give it to the guy who has been the big game performer.

fishbowl
Waterboy

Post by fishbowl »

Grant Venham leads the Warriors in receiving, rushing, TD's, INT's, and is the 2nd leading tackler. He is also one of the best punters i have seen in this area, if not the best. Hes averaging about 40 yards per punt this year and and kicks 50+ yarders with great hangtime all the time in warmups. He's definitely going D1 to punt. Heard Ohio University has been looking at him. Great all around athlete. looking forward to seeing him on tv on fourth downs in a year or two.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Without a doubt going on talent, Wasonga should win no questions asked. A legit, soon to be D-1 running back. But he isn't getting the carries this year like he did last so I don't think he'll win.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

How does someone get GG's list?
Just wanderin where the list was obtained from.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Traye Valentine...Jackson....................OL

Mr. Valentine must be a stud. Just to be considered as a lineman.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

camnott wrote:How does someone get GG's list?
Just wanderin where the list was obtained from.
http://www.woub.org/tv/index.php?section=5&page=863

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

nerkfan wrote:Traye Valentine...Jackson....................OL

Mr. Valentine must be a stud. Just to be considered as a lineman.
When I can't get to the games, I listen on the radio. It seems in almost every defensive play his name is mentioned in stopping the run.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

CJ Myers doesn't have the numbers imo, to win. He probably isn't even the best player on their team(which is far from a bad thing).

Return to “Football”