Trevon Pendleton Update

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Trevon Pendleton Update

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

As I'm writing this,Trevon and his family are on their way to Cincinnati to see the Bengals Dr. He will need surgery, plates and screws in his leg and ankle, 6 weeks of no weight on it, then casted and then the heeling will begin. Screws will have to be taken out and then rehab!!! 6 months for full recovery!!

My family are very good friends with his mom, dad and brother. For those of you who don't know him personally, he is one of the finest young men I have ever met. He is not just a football player, but a great student, caring individual who lights up everyone he is around.

I just talked to him on the phone and he needs all the prayers you all can give. He is one of the strongest person you will ever meet, but he needs all the support you all can give right now!!!!!!!!

Those of you who are on here saying bad things about him/coach need to keep those thoughts to yourself!!! He does read this site and no young man should read any of those negative thoughts you have.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Re: Trevon Pendleton Update

Post by timbo52 »

Prayers from the Tiger nation. Very sad to hear, was looking forward to a showdown with west and the tigers. From what i seen and heard he is a beast, get well and we will see you at the next level, good luck.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Just talked to Trevon's mom and brother. He was looked at by the doctors who are associated with the Bengals. He will be going into surgery today in Cincinnati. The ankle was not set right last night, so they will set it and put screws and pins in it and his fibula. Update all of you as I get information.

Keep praying for him and his family!!!!!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

:-D :-D I was told to check out facebook, all the biddy football players from West had the number 8 on their helmets today for Trevon. What a wonderful thing for the community of Portsmouth West to do. This just shows how much Trevon means to all those people of the West community. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

What exactly happened to him? How did he get hurt?
Get well soon from all in Jackson hate for any athelete to get hurt

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Surgery @ 4:00, today 10/16-Mercy Anderson Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio- surgeon just looked at xray-said,bad break-screws will go in and then have to be removed later-non weightbearing for 6 weeks.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

just talked to Trevon and his family and he is a tough kid!! he will be back. Cleveland is right, 6 months and a full recovery!! What a great inspiration for all others to hear this kid say all of this!! Praying hard that everything goes well and as planned!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tough loss for a kid that had a great college career in front of him. Get well soon trevon. Thoughts and prayers to him and his whole family from this wheelersburg pirate fan

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Keep your head up Trevon! Remember this quote and work hard in your recovery.

If HE brings you to it, HE WILL bring you through it!"

Prayers from Waverly!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Prayers from this house! God speed to you young man! Looking forward to your full recovery and watching you play on Saturdays!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Prayers from AZ..get well and get back out there
wipalawalt

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Trevon, it has been a REAL pleasure watching you play football the past few years. You are a GREAT inspiration to a lot of younger kids, which is a testament to your character and a great tribute.....Hang in there. I have personally been through almost the exact same broken leg, screws, plate and surgery. YOU WILL COME THROUGH THIS IN GREAT SHAPE!!! Listen to your Doc's, then especially your THERAPIST!! They know how to make you 100% again!!!
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Thought & Prayers are with him and his family from Wellston!

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

prayers from the spenceman!! does this hurt his chances to play d1 football?sure hope not

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Get well soon Trevon! Alot of us here in Portsmouth are pulling for you!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:As I'm writing this,Trevon and his family are on their way to Cincinnati to see the Bengals Dr. He will need surgery, plates and screws in his leg and ankle, 6 weeks of no weight on it, then casted and then the heeling will begin. Screws will have to be taken out and then rehab!!! 6 months for full recovery!!
I had this same injury when I was 28 years old and was back to running on it (ever so lightly) in less than 3 months and then took a physical fitness within about 4- 4/12 months after the injury and did great. He is even younger and should heal faster, so I would expect a full recovery for him in well less than 6 months BUT it depends on how hard you work in physical therapy. That's what made the difference for me (I did double sessions). One suggestion.....after about a year, go back and have the screws and plates removed. I did and would highly recommend it, especially being this young. Good luck and here's to a quick and full recovery.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Update: trevon is out of surgery and in great spirits. His surgery was a success. He has 8 screws and 2 plates in his ankle and leg. His surgery was performed by the top orthopedic surgeon in the Midwest.. He told trevon that his will and determination and persistence will determine If he ever plays football again. On behalf of the Pendleton family we would like to thank everyone who has sent their support and prayers for trevon and the family. He is no longer called the beast. I think WARRIOR is the more appropriate name. He wants everyone to know that lastnight wasn't the last time you will ever see #8 on the field. God Bless him through this long road to recovery

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Thanks G.O.A.T. for the updates. Please keep them coming.

Trevon, you have proven your work ethic on the practice field and on Friday nights. Now take that same attitude into your recovery process!!espically the physical therapy!! :-D We'll be waiting to watch you on another football field very soon!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

great to hear the surgery was a success, and that he is in great spirits, best of luck to him from Portsmouth.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

I don't know this kid, but from what I have heard, this is just going to be a minor bump in the road for him. He didn't get where he is by not working hard already so if they say 6 months, he will probably do it in 5. Good luck bud and get well soon.

Return to “Football”