Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Chieftain
Varsity

Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Post by Chieftain »

Heading into Week 8 of the SEOAL, the title picture is no clearer. And having a 24-13 record on pics has made the year ugly so far. This week games shouldn't be too surprising as most should be mismatches. The games --

Warren @ Chilli -- Chilli's tough non-league schedule is starting to pay off in the weak SEOAL and the Warriors easy non-league schedule is coming back to bite them. Cavs D should throttle Warren. Not expecting either of these two to make the playoffs. In an easy one -- CHILLI

Portsmouth @ Gallia -- The Blue Devils should make this an easy game with the Trojans lacking a D. The Trojans will start a fade for the playoffs while Gallia seeks to stay close to getting in. Gallia stays in the run for the title -- GALLIA

Jackson @ Marietta -- Jackson continues to lead the weak SEOAL while the Tigers just continue to lose. Not much fancy here, just a run dominant team stomping a weak opponent. The Ironboys stay in the hunt for a playoff berth, but it will be a short stay if they get in. In an easy win -- JACKSON

Logan @ Zanesville -- Chiefs have beaten the Blue Devils for 9 straight games. However, ZHS should get another win in the series.They finally have a better team. While Logan will finish with a losing record, Devils may get into the playoffs where it will be a short trip. Both should hope this series can continue. In an easy win -- ZANESVILLE

BONUS PICK -- Columbus Hartley @ Ironton -- the tiggers watered down their schedule this year with "winners" like Fairbanks and instead of DeSales, they added smaller & weaker Hartley. Good thing they did, but won't save them from another loss. The Hawks are quick and have skills while the tiggers feature their usual brawn but little else. This should be a close game, but Hartley's better schedule should give them an edge over the weaker tigger schedule. In an upset at the homecooking Tanks stadium -- HARTLEY

SEOAL should get interesting with surging Chilli making a play for the title and Jackson -Gallia matching up in the last game. Title won't get decided early. Hold on to those seats, lol !

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin_II wrote:Heading into Week 8 of the SEOAL, the title picture is no clearer. And having a 24-13 record on pics has made the year ugly so far. This week games shouldn't be too surprising as most should be mismatches. The games --

Warren @ Chilli -- Chilli's tough non-league schedule is starting to pay off in the weak SEOAL and the Warriors easy non-league schedule is coming back to bite them. Cavs D should throttle Warren. Not expecting either of these two to make the playoffs. In an easy one -- CHILLI

Portsmouth @ Gallia -- The Blue Devils should make this an easy game with the Trojans lacking a D. The Trojans will start a fade for the playoffs while Gallia seeks to stay close to getting in. Gallia stays in the run for the title -- GALLIA

Jackson @ Marietta -- Jackson continues to lead the weak SEOAL while the Tigers just continue to lose. Not much fancy here, just a run dominant team stomping a weak opponent. The Ironboys stay in the hunt for a playoff berth, but it will be a short stay if they get in. In an easy win -- JACKSON

Logan @ Zanesville -- Chiefs have beaten the Blue Devils for 9 straight games. However, ZHS should get another win in the series.They finally have a better team. While Logan will finish with a losing record, Devils may get into the playoffs where it will be a short trip. Both should hope this series can continue. In an easy win -- ZANESVILLE

BONUS PICK -- Columbus Hartley @ Ironton -- the tiggers watered down their schedule this year with "winners" like Fairbanks and instead of DeSales, they added smaller & weaker Hartley. Good thing they did, but won't save them from another loss. The Hawks are quick and have skills while the tiggers feature their usual brawn but little else. This should be a close game, but Hartley's better schedule should give them an edge over the weaker tigger schedule. In an upset at the homecooking Tanks stadium -- HARTLEY

SEOAL should get interesting with surging Chilli making a play for the title and Jackson -Gallia matching up in the last game. Title won't get decided early. Hold on to those seats, lol !
I think We actually beefed our schedule up this year by DROPPING (2-5) logan D2 Reg 7 #24, (4-3) Warren D2 Reg 7 #19, (2-5) Marietta D2 Reg 7 #28 and PICKING UP (7-1) Jonathon Alder D4 Reg 16 #4, (6-1) Bishop Hartley D4 Reg 15 #2 and (6-1) Fairbanks D5 Reg 20 #10 (last minute pickup game)

Logan, Marietta and Warrens Computer Points added togather 14.9295 and Alder, Hartley and Fairbanks 35.806
(Irontons Computer Points 14.2786)

LOL.........You just can't get over slamming the Tigers every chance you get can you. Why not have Portsmouth West (7-0) vs Lucasville Valley (7-0) as a BONUS PICK, why the Tigers?????? This just shows how ate up you really are with the Tigers lol........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell Me how Hartleys Schedule is so much tougher than the Tigers...........

Bishop Hartley Schedule

Amanda-Clearcreek..............(4-3)...[4:15]...W...48-10...............Ranked...10th
Columbus Academy..............(3-4)...[5:20]...W...42-34...............Ranked...25th
Bexley.............................(3-4)...[3:10]...W...54-7.................Ranked...20th
Elyria Catholic...................(6-1)...[4:14]....L....28-34 ot............Ranked...2nd
Villa Angela-St Joseph.........(3-4)...[5:17]....W...37-8.................Ranked...16th
Columbus Grove.................(4-3)...[6:22]...W...42-35...............Ranked...9th
Thurgood Marshall..............(5-2)...[4:16]...W...38-14...............Ranked...12th
Ironton...........................(5-2)...[4:15]...............................Ranked...1st
Spencerville.....................(0-7)...[5:18]...............................Ranked...28th
Bishop Ready...................(3-4)...[5:20]...............................Ranked...26th
Opponants Record...........36-34

Ironton Schedule

Wheelersburg...................(5-2)...[5:19]...W...12-7................Ranked...7th
Russell (KY).....................(4-4)...[4:0].....W...29-13..............Ranked...14th in all of Div 3A
Chillicothe.......................(3-4)...[3:12]....W...24-6...............Ranked...12th
Ashland Blazer (KY)............(5-2)...[2:0].....W...43-6...............Ranked...16th in all of Div 5A
Gallia Academy.................(5-2)...[3:12]...W...48-7................Ranked...9th
Jonathan Alder.................(6-1)...[4:16]....L...14-38...............Ranked...4th
Jackson..........................(6-1)...[3:12]....L...19-26..3 ot........Ranked...5th
Bishop Hartley.................(6-1)....[4:15]...............................Ranked...2nd
Fairbanks.......................(6-1)....[5:20]...............................Ranked...10th
Portsmouth.....................(3-4)...[4:15]...............................Ranked....8th
Opponants Record............49-22
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

AT LEAST THE IRONMEN GET IN patty cake UNLIKE YOUR.... CHIEFTANS....

BY THE WAY YOURE PROBABLY USED TO THE FEELING OF NOT BEING IN THE PLAY OFFS VERY LONG...... PASTY HISTORY..... I GUESS THE TEAMS FROM THE SEOAL THAT MAKE THE PLAY OFFS WILL AT LEAST BE PLAYING WHILE YOU SIT AT HOME AND WISH YOU WERE THERE FOR YOURE NORMAL I WEEK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) ;-)

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

footballfanatic1 wrote:AT LEAST THE IRONMEN GET IN patty cake UNLIKE YOUR.... CHIEFTANS....

BY THE WAY YOURE PROBABLY USED TO THE FEELING OF NOT BEING IN THE PLAY OFFS VERY LONG...... PASTY HISTORY..... I GUESS THE TEAMS FROM THE SEOAL THAT MAKE THE PLAY OFFS WILL AT LEAST BE PLAYING WHILE YOU SIT AT HOME AND WISH YOU WERE THERE FOR YOURE NORMAL I WEEK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) ;-)
sorry but, are you refering to the jackson ironmen or the ironton tigers???

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Man these Ironton guys are just ATE UP with SEOAL Envy.

It appears that for the 5th straight year the Ironton Fighting Tigers will lose to the SEOAL Champions. Looks like the Tigers again wouldn't bring home a championship..... AGAIN.

Ironton left the league. Why can't their fans leave the threads too?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:
footballfanatic1 wrote:AT LEAST THE IRONMEN GET IN patty cake UNLIKE YOUR.... CHIEFTANS....

sorry but, are you refering to the jackson ironmen or the ironton tigers???

They can't figure it out-lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lets get a boycott going--talk to the Ads

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The boycott will be easy. These bums should never appear on an SEOAL schedule. With Marietta leaving , taking the SEOAL down from a 7 team league, it will leave just 6 teams playing a 5 game schedule. In all probability, it will be the last 5 games and eliminating the odd game at 6- 10. With only the first 5 games available for non-league, they can easily be replaced. They don't travel well and no one needs the crap you tolerate with them. They wanted out and OUT they should be.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

I think a Logan man like Paladin would know about "short stay" playoff times. I guess your reply would go something like, " at least we made the playoffs." you can save it.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Most of SEO knows about short playoff time. Sorry your season blew up in your face. There is always next year. Maybe you'll make the playoffs sometime. Maybe.

BTW, Logan enjoyed the 15-10 win this year. Thanks !

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

gahs4ever wrote:I wish the SEOAL teams, including Gallia Academy, would boycott them. We represent 40% of their schedule this year, and even at that they had a hard time finding ten games. Without the SEOAL they would probably have about a 7 game schedule it looks like.
I can understand why Gallia would like to boycott the Ironton series......after all, Ironton leads the overall series 42-13-1........

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

gahs4ever wrote:Yeah and we are one of the few in the area, other than Porstmouth and Burg who continue to play them. BTW...we were playing Ironton long before they came back to the SEOAL and left FOR THE THIRD TIME!

But then when Ironton found out they couldnt win the SEOAL like they did back in the 70s and 80s, they took their balla nd went home.....again!

But youre welcome for allowing us and Jackson, Portsmouth, and Chillicothe to allow you to play an entire 10 game schedule this year.
and we appreciate that.......I thought for a minute you jumped ship and joined Paladumb's boat.......this use to be a good site but I can see the handwriting on the wall now....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LoganLocos wrote:Man these Ironton guys are just ATE UP with SEOAL Envy.

It appears that for the 5th straight year the Ironton Fighting Tigers will lose to the SEOAL Champions. Looks like the Tigers again wouldn't bring home a championship..... AGAIN.

LoganLocos did you read the entire Thread??? The originator of this thread (Paladin) added Ironton vs Hartley to it so He could slam on the Tigers for having watered down their schedule (in his eyes), all I did was refute his post about the Tigers with facts and everybody gets all defensive. Was the facts that I gave wrong, if so tell Me so I can correct them.

PS: Don't put the Tigers in the Thread if you don't want Tiger fans to post on it, have a great day........... :122245
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin_II wrote:The boycott will be easy. These bums should never appear on an SEOAL schedule. With Marietta leaving , taking the SEOAL down from a 7 team league, it will leave just 6 teams playing a 5 game schedule. In all probability, it will be the last 5 games and eliminating the odd game at 6- 10. With only the first 5 games available for non-league, they can easily be replaced. They don't travel well and no one needs the crap you tolerate with them. They wanted out and OUT they should be.
Now if that ain't the Pot calling the Kettle Black lol....... :122246 :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin_II wrote:The boycott will be easy.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Man these Ironton guys are just ATE UP with SEOAL Envy.

LoganLocos did you read the entire Thread??? The originator of this thread (Paladin) added Ironton vs Hartley to it so He could slam on the Tigers for having watered down their schedule (in his eyes), all I did was refute his post about the Tigers with facts and everybody gets all defensive. Was the facts that I gave wrong, if so tell Me so I can correct them.
OHBuckeye -

If this were a first time occurrence, you'd have a point. However, 2-weeks ago when Ironton played Alder and Paladin didn't make a selection we saw most of the same I-Town folks on here ripping Paladin for some other reason.

There are a couple of poster, and I'm not saying you're one of them, who seem to be like Paladin's shadow but then try to act like their innocent. Like I've said before, if you don't like what he has to say then IGNORE him.

It's not all that difficult.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

i guess you can post anything you want as long as your name is PALADIN....example calling other team TIGGERS or IRONBOYS.... NICE
Last edited by footballfanatic1 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Locos, If you don't like what we post, just ignore us! It's not that hard.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Heres where the SEOAL stands now --

Chilli 3-0
Jackson 3-0
Gallia 2-1
Logan 2-2
Portsmouth 2-2
Warren 0-3
Marietta 0-4

Jackson has to play both Chilli and go on the road to Gallia. Chilli ,with a win over Gallia, could win it with a win at Jackson in two weeks. Gallia has to hope for a Chilli loss at Jackson to set up a show down in week 10 with Jackson. There could be co-champs this year but I'm leaning on an outright title for someone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:The boycott will be easy. These bums should never appear on an SEOAL schedule. With Marietta leaving , taking the SEOAL down from a 7 team league, it will leave just 6 teams playing a 5 game schedule. In all probability, it will be the last 5 games and eliminating the odd game at 6- 10. With only the first 5 games available for non-league, they can easily be replaced. They don't travel well and no one needs the crap you tolerate with them. They wanted out and OUT they should be.

You are the one that is constantly attacking the Ironton Tigers. I still havent figured out why you hold such a grudge against them. Rumor down here is that they ran you out of your own town of Logan. I can see why.

Logan is really having a "dynamic" year this year huh?

Return to “Football”