Site Admin

Wheelersburg (1-2) @ Fairland (1-2)

Post by mattash »

Must win for both teams.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg (1-2) @ Fairland (1-2)

Post by Da_Burg »

BURG.....easy.....sorry fairland but not this week!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Taking wheelersburg in this one

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This game will not an easy win for the burg...Fairland was hangin right with west in the second quarter 13-8 (they actually were playing a way better ball game) until they had a special teams meltdown that resulted in two blocked kicks(one resulted in a td for west and the other with the ball at the one) that were both the punters fault, and a kick return...if it were not for Fairland beating theirselves it probably would of been a dog fight. I also think Fairland will give the burg fits with their team speed and offensive scheme, so the burg better not overlook fairland, but I have never seen them overlook anyone, so I doubt they will

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Picking Burg by a TD in this one...

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Burg should win this one but much work needs to be done.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

sider...are you originally from West? Someone giving another team credit just isn't a characteristic from someone from West is it? LOL....just kidding. I look for Burg to win by 2 scores or more.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think the coaches are getting the right ppl in place in the right positions. The D will get btr. This could be a huge defensive game for Burg.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Sider is a good poster, he has made some great calls in the last few yrs.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg has played thier two game what if. Time to make teams pay!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I have a few friends from Wheelersburg. From what they told me their is a movement with the school board to have a new coach next year. The old heads are not happy with the direction of their program. Read a little on burgfan.com and it reiterated what I was told.

Watching the replay of the Portsmouth/Burg game it's very clear that wheelersburg just isn't very talented compared to teams of the past. If Portsmouth doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with undisciplined play the burg is 0-3. Wheelersburg isn't bad, their just an average football team and will probably loose to Valley, Minford, and West. I would say they'll win this week, but if Fairland is heathly and plays with the effort they did in Week 1, they will give burg a game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Gotta believe burg wins but if fairland wins and if wellston could beat em be a big help. anyhow take the burg by 12

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

siderman wrote:I have a few friends from Wheelersburg. From what they told me their is a movement with the school board to have a new coach next year. The old heads are not happy with the direction of their program. Read a little on burgfan.com and it reiterated what I was told.

Watching the replay of the Portsmouth/Burg game it's very clear that wheelersburg just isn't very talented compared to teams of the past. If Portsmouth doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with undisciplined play the burg is 0-3. Wheelersburg isn't bad, their just an average football team and will probably loose to Valley, Minford, and West. I would say they'll win this week, but if Fairland is heathly and plays with the effort they did in Week 1, they will give burg a game.
I agree avg talent as far as burg goes, they could be 0-3 but they could also be 2-1. They outplayed Ironton and won everywhere but where it counts. The school board and adm is partly to blame. They were totally unprepared for Lewis's resignation and they took the easy way out when they replaced him.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote:
siderman wrote:I have a few friends from Wheelersburg. From what they told me their is a movement with the school board to have a new coach next year. The old heads are not happy with the direction of their program. Read a little on burgfan.com and it reiterated what I was told.

I agree avg talent as far as burg goes, they could be 0-3 but they could also be 2-1. They outplayed Ironton and won everywhere but where it counts. The school board and adm is partly to blame. They were totally unprepared for Lewis's resignation and they took the easy way out when they replaced him.

Wrong! School Board Made the Right Choice.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They are mad because the old coach has grandsons and wants to control everything. According to burgfan posters there is not much of a pct change in Woodward and Coach Hall. This is just more of wanting to be in control.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I guess I'm just trying to understand something here but hasn't this guy went 9-1 two yrs in a row and got to the second round of the playoffs each year he's been coaching? This is Southern Ohio and you are going to have years where you have a young or average talented class.

What this really is all about Woodward isn't from "The Burg," nor did he play for Ed, so he will never be fully accepted. Tony Lewis was never accepted and he said “See ya,” and went on and won a state championship.

Larry Hall even got a raw deal and was never given his due credit for his success at Wheelersburg.

Really, Tony Lewis was a great coach, won a state championship last year and why he left was exactly b/c of this reason. "They (WHS School board) were totally unprepared for Lewis's resignation and they took the easy way out when they replaced him.”" Well do you blame Lewis when you have a community who acts like this?

Trust me when I say, It's not that Ed and Larry were so great, it's they were ahead of their time with their systems they had in place. Now most all schools have gone to similar systems so now you have a more even playing field.

Heck, when you run the job posting, make sure you put in bold the prerequisites are: "You must have graduated from Wheelersburg, and played for Ed Miller, all others need not apply!"

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^^

Great Post. A bunch of Burg fans feel that the surrounding areas should not try to have great programs and just lay down and lose for the pirates. Same way with I-Town. The Great Coach Lutz hasn't won jack squat since he's come back either. I don't think he's won his conference yet, and he might not get his team into the playoffs. This to me seems more of a control issue. And if it happens it will set the program back to the dark ages.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Wheelersburg should get another win this week, but we'll have to see. As far as the coaching situation, if someone else is coach next year they might as well not unpack their moving boxes. I've heard from some of the pirate faithful that the talent pool is drying up and that after this year for the next couple there just flat out isn't a lot of talent coming up. If someone else is the coach they'll be run out of town unless they have some magic talent dust to sprinkle in the locker room.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IRONFALCON wrote:Wheelersburg should get another win this week, but we'll have to see. As far as the coaching situation, if someone else is coach next year they might as well not unpack their moving boxes. I've heard from some of the pirate faithful that the talent pool is drying up and that after this year for the next couple there just flat out isn't a lot of talent coming up. If someone else is the coach they'll be run out of town unless they have some magic talent dust to sprinkle in the locker room.
Wheelersburg has some talent, they will just be home playing video games. No body wants to come out and play in those classes. SAD.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

I've watched these younger kids at Burg for several years now and there is Talent there but for some reason they seem to be losing an interest in playing. Sad to say the least!!!!!
I'm curious to see how Fairland matches up with Burg, if their Healthy they might give burg a better game than they expect. They have a very talented QB with a lot of speed. Watch out Burg you may be surprised.
Burg will win but I think it will be Close.

Return to “Football”