Week 2: Piketon 1-0 @ Vinton County 0-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Dundas
SEOPS

Week 2: Piketon 1-0 @ Vinton County 0-1

Post by Dundas »

Piketon is coming off a close win over rival Waverly...VC meanwhile played 3 decent quarters against Unioto before coming undone in the final quarter. The Vikings have to get things rolling on the line to have a chance in this game..If they dont then it could be a long night for the Vikings.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Week 2: Piketon 1-0 @ Vinton County 0-1

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Already a thread somewhere on this game.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

This was NY and Piketon the last 2 years and Piketon dropped ny. A very good move for Piketon as they should go 2-0.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Piketon should win. Need to work on mistakes. Team is starting to work together early which is a good sign.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Coach B was dissapointed with the line play last week...and rightfully so. There are going to be plenty of shake ups this week on the lines according to the preview in the paper. Hopfully for the better!

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Dundas wrote:Coach B was dissapointed with the line play last week...and rightfully so. There are going to be plenty of shake ups this week on the lines according to the preview in the paper. Hopfully for the better!
Who from unioto ran the most against venton county? I know that have that chunky tailback. He goes down easy if you hit him low. Did they run down center alot?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

M46 wrote:
Dundas wrote:Coach B was dissapointed with the line play last week...and rightfully so. There are going to be plenty of shake ups this week on the lines according to the preview in the paper. Hopfully for the better!
Who from unioto ran the most against venton county? I know that have that chunky tailback. He goes down easy if you hit him low. Did they run down center alot?
translater please?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^ Let me see if I can help! Who had the most carries for Unioto, or the most yards? Last name of Cyrus is the player they are talking about. Run down center, guessing meaning between the tackles maybe traps or Iso's! I have my masters in Southeast Ohio (Ahia) Appalachian Hillbilly Dialect!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Haha...Actually Cyrus didnt hurt VC all that much. It was numbers 11 and 7 that did the most damage. Unioto didnt have much success when the QB was under center and didnt run through the tackles much. Most of the big plays came from the shotgun. Either the QB handed the ball off and the tailback ran around the corner or it was an option. The Shermans also have this motion hand off play that hurt VC the first time. The Unioto/VC game was much much more competitive than the score indicated. But I would definatly have to give Piketon the edge in this one based off of how the line played for VC...There wasnt much penetration on D and their was a Sherman or two in the backfield every snap for VC. I will have to say that the VC passing game is much better than last year when Ward has time to find someone. The Vikings didnt run well and overall looked pretty slow imo. One last thing...VC has a linebacker, number 54, who is an absolute beast. No doubt about it.

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Piketon - 31
Vinton Co. - 12

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I predict 35-7

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Well looks like everyone was a little off on their predictions! lol

Nice game for the Streaks. Congrats on the win. If/when VC can get some confidence on offense....they will surprise some people. Piketon and Unioto should be a heck of a game when they meet up!

mcmanisphoto
Waterboy

Post by mcmanisphoto »

Photos available at http://www.mcmanisphotography.com click "links" page.

or http://www.mcmanisphotography.zenfolio. ... cvspiketon

Photos include VC and Piketon Football, VC and Piketon Band Pics as well as VC Cheerleaders.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dundas wrote:Haha...Actually Cyrus didnt hurt VC all that much. It was numbers 11 and 7 that did the most damage. Unioto didnt have much success when the QB was under center and didnt run through the tackles much. Most of the big plays came from the shotgun. Either the QB handed the ball off and the tailback ran around the corner or it was an option. The Shermans also have this motion hand off play that hurt VC the first time. The Unioto/VC game was much much more competitive than the score indicated. But I would definatly have to give Piketon the edge in this one based off of how the line played for VC...There wasnt much penetration on D and their was a Sherman or two in the backfield every snap for VC. I will have to say that the VC passing game is much better than last year when Ward has time to find someone. The Vikings didnt run well and overall looked pretty slow imo. One last thing...VC has a linebacker, number 54, who is an absolute beast. No doubt about it.
Actually, it was number 25, Cody Strange. Strange had TD runs of 69 and 39 yards, completing a 120 yard night. Which begs the question, why did Strange have only 6 touches. This kid is a nice player, quick, fast, and elusive; on my team he would have more than 6 touches. Number 7 was injured on the second play of the game, he had broken his foot, he had only two touches.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Number 11 was the feature back. You are right about number 25 and the big runs. Number 7 wasn't hurt on the second play of he game though. He lined up at wide out and played corner nearly the entire first quarter before leaving the game.

Return to “Football”