Glennville vs Dwyer (FL)

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Glennville vs Dwyer (FL)

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

What an awful officiated game
First of all that was a TD catch by the Dwyer kid. The Line judge was right there on top of it and should have seen the knee was inbounds And if that wasnt enough on the last play of the game that whole pile was in the End Zone and a TD was not called AWFUL!!!! Just AWFUL!!!!!!!
That whole officiating crew should be banded from ever working another football game EVER That had to be some of the worst officiating EVER
If JT had any hopes of recruting any of those Dwyer players Id say they just went out the window.

Wonder if Kurt Hertstreit was proud of those calls?

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Re: Glennville vs Dwyer (FL)

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

I sent the Commissioner of the OHSAA an e-mail but he won't do a diddly D about it.
Wonder if JT had any hopes of recruiting any of those Dwyer players? If he did those officials just screwed that up.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

^^^^^ Probably Ironton ! :mrgreen:

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Paladin wrote:^^^^^ Probably Ironton ! :mrgreen:
Come on! Snide remarks like that are uncalled for. I'm trying to get a discussion started about the horrible officiating and this in not the place for individuals with condescending sarcasm that is not on topic. Thank U

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Sometimes douching doesn't work. Now back to the subject, that was a poor ending to an outstanding game.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

We should all write (email) the OHSAA about how awful this game was officiated. Just flood the place with emails Over load the system !!!!!

OHSAA
4080 Roselea Place, Columbus, Ohio 43214
P: 614-267-2502; Fax: 614-267-1677
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Administrative Staff
Commissioner Daniel B. Ross, Ph.D. dross@ohsaa.org
Associate Commissioner for Operations Bob Goldring bgoldring@ohsaa.org
Associate Commissioner for Eligibility Deborah B. Moore dmoore@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Steve Neil sneil@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Roxanne Price rprice@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Henry Zaborniak Jr. hzaborniak@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Jerry Snodgrass jsnodgrass@ohsaa.org
Director of Information Services Tim Stried tstried@ohsaa.org

Here's ALL you need Write Call Fax Email Let them know how we feel!!!!!

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:We should all write (email) the OHSAA about how awful this game was officiated. Just flood the place with emails Over load the system !!!!!

OHSAA
4080 Roselea Place, Columbus, Ohio 43214
P: 614-267-2502; Fax: 614-267-1677
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Administrative Staff
Commissioner Daniel B. Ross, Ph.D. dross@ohsaa.org
Associate Commissioner for Operations Bob Goldring bgoldring@ohsaa.org
Associate Commissioner for Eligibility Deborah B. Moore dmoore@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Steve Neil sneil@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Roxanne Price rprice@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Henry Zaborniak Jr. hzaborniak@ohsaa.org
Assistant Commissioner Jerry Snodgrass jsnodgrass@ohsaa.org
Director of Information Services Tim Stried tstried@ohsaa.org

Here's ALL you need Write Call Fax Email Let them know how we feel!!!!!
Do you know for certain it was a OHSAA crew ?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Whats the rule in High School, 1 foot or two?

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Whats the rule in High School, 1 foot or two?
In high school, you only have to have one foot. I did not see the play mentioned, but from the sound of it, it should have been a touchdown as long as he didn't bobble it.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I find it so sad when loser ex-coaches still refuse to move on and have to compensate for their own "shortcomings" by bashing others.

On topic, I would think any game played in Ohio must have officials that are licensed through the OHSAA.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Paladin is just a word I can't say on this forum, quite obviously.

The ending of this game was AWFUL. Me and my friend have discussed it for a good while. And we both got a little chuckle out of Nick O'Leary telling everyone that they were #1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

[quote="Paladin"]^^^^^ Probably Ironton ! :mrgreen:[/quote]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AND HE IS BACK ON HERE, WHY?????????????

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Its true the Florida team did get robbed on that pass but these two teams were very evenly matched,I remember reading a florida forum awhile back and they were saying they were going to come up here and embarrass Ohio at its own game and the official must have read that too LOL,buts its a shame one had to lose, it was that close,I was there and never heard such hard hitting in a high school game in my life especially Glenville,they really brought it,and the size and speed of the players was unreal,the next game between Central and Oscar Smith you could barely hear any pad cracking at all compared to this one although Central looked very good,,Glenville is my odds on favorite to win it all and would be shocked if somebody could get them,they've been upset before but its going to take a very bad game for them to lose.I can hear all the crying and whining now from Florida people somehow comparing this to the Ohio State Miami game years ago bout how they got robbed. :aaaaa18

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The officiating in the 4th quarter of this game was nothing short of a travesty, period.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Here is the link to the local paper down in Florida for Dwyer and they are saying the same things we are. It is sad that a team had what could have been an undefeated season stolen from them, I know I should be happy the Ohio team won the game, but not like that, not with the way the officials screwed that game up.

http://www.pbgametime.com/news/controve ... ock/96702/

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

I was embarrassed to be from Ohio at that point in the game. Not only was the TD catch called incomplete bad, but the thing that really bugged me was the play clock never started on third and goal with 31 seconds left in the game. The QB's momentum was clearly stopped, yet the officials didn't stop play FOREVER, but that didn't really matter because the clock never stated to begin with. The TD catch was a bang bang play and I can see someone getting it wrong. But not starting the clock, and then running the clock, not stopping play, not calling anything the last few seconds or spotting the ball quickly was just sad. The two line judges CHOCKED, period. They were staring at each other like they were hoping the other one would make the call instead of themselves.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i didn't see it but from what i've heard and reading what you guys have posted it sounds like a black eye on the herp classic.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I watched the game and agree that the Florida kids were robbed by the refs. I am glad that an Ohio team won, but this victory will always be considered a game that was decided by the poor officiating. I actually felt bad for the young men from Florida.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

He didn't score on the first sneak as the Florida people complained although the officials were really late blowing the whistle but his forward progress was stopped,the second sneak yea that was a screw job although at the end of the play he was short of the line his intial push looked over by a foot or so,I-TOWN 90 you are correct,I had forgot about it but they did take forever to start the clock on that last play.I don't know why it stopped to begin with because I thought the Florida team was out of timeouts but they might not have had time to run that last sneak had the clock been managed properly.Guess they'll feel better if Miami kicks OSU'S butt this weekend....

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i give ther refs a break on the out of bounds. they didnt have replay but florida did score on the final drive. no hand shake after this one.

Return to “Football”