Week 3: Minford at Piketon

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Week 3: Minford at Piketon

Post by Bleeding Red »

I dont know much about Piketon, but Minford has progressed in the last 2 weeks and have plenty of speed.

Piketon is off to a solid start at 2-0 with wins over Waverly and a struggling Vinton Co. program. The last few meetings turned into barnburner games, but I have to take Minford by 14 in this one.

Thoughts?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Week 3: Minford at Piketon

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Should be a dandy of a game. Piketon is balanced and has several weapons. OLine needs to tighten up a bit and the D needs to get to attacking and being aggressive, but the Streaks are playing pretty well for being young. Minfords speed might be to much, but we will see. Good luck to both, but Lets Go Streaks.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im gonna take minford. But watch out piketon win or lose your gonna hear the crying over your officials. which again minford had that right but they won and it shoulda been over there.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wellstonrockets wrote:Im gonna take minford. But watch out piketon win or lose your gonna hear the crying over your officials. which again minford had that right but they won and it shoulda been over there.

No that only happens in Wellston! :roll:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO SOC!!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I think this will be a very good game. From what I hear Piketon is playing very well, and looking very tuff.
But I don't know much about them, so we will see. One things for sure, if my Falcons improve as much this week, on D-fense, as they did last week, it will be hard for Piketon to score. It was great watching the Linebackers attack the ball, they shut down Wellston's running game. We need to pick it up a little on Pass D-fense though, it looked a little weak. And one last thing, Piketon get ready, we will bring some SPEED, don't blink!!! Good Luck Piketon, I hope this game is as good as the last time we played.

And as for you "wellstonrockets", if you are going to defend those so-called Ref's, you need not say NO more. I see how much about Football you know!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford by 21

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm thinkin minford is the stronger of the 2 , but this should be a good one.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford had better not overlook this one, this Piketon team can play and would love to take out another SOC II team. Now, I do believe Minford can win this game by a couple of TD's, but if they go in half-hearted, they could have their hearts broken.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Its gonna be a good game. I think Piketon will suprise Minford. So Piketon by 7

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Minford

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Piketon can pass very well. If they hook up on some deep balls, this one could be closer than most think.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Dundas wrote:Piketon can pass very well. If they hook up on some deep balls, this one could be closer than most think.
I really don't want to hear that!! Our pass D-fense didn't look very good Friday, and Wellston wasn't a passing team. Hopefully we will be able to put some pressure on their QB. This should be a game for #2 to really step up and play like he did last year.
And I sure hope our O line can pick it up a little, it looked to me like they didn't know "who was blocking who" in the Wellston game. For some reason every time the QB would drop back, there would be two or three Wellston players in our backfield!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

The Wellston game is OVER so how about both sides showing some class and dropping the discussion of crying, how had the officials sucked, etc.? That thread appears to have been deleted and for a good reason.

As for this week's game. Minford moves to 3-0. Improvements need to be made but I am sure Coach Daniels and Company are aware of what those areas are and will be working on it this week. Go Falcons!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Minford streaks by Piketon this week.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I'll say Minford ... Might be close...

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Wow would be a good win for Piketon. Piketon hardly ran this past game. Threw the ball all night. I think they were getting ready for Minford.

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

I like Minford's chances in this game. However, Minford cannot overlook Piketon, as anything can happen on any given Friday night. Coach Daniels will have the team ready to go for Friday and Minford moves to 3-0.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

The Falcons should win this game, but it's always a close one with the streaks. Piketon has benefited from playing a pretty poor waverly team and a vinton co. team that isn't much better. Minford has played a not good south point team and a pretty good wellston team. Should be a good test for the Falcons. Hopefully Minford will improve this week as much as they did last week, and keep progressing every week.

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

number 30 for piketon is tough. He is hard to bring down by one player much like pendleton from west but not as fast. dont know much about minford. is the game at piketon or minford?

Return to “Football”