Trimble Dominance!

geck0
Waterboy

Trimble Dominance!

Post by geck0 »

Can we expect our ownership of the Hocking to continue now that the division has expanded? What do we know about Wamaha?

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Re: Trimble Dominance!

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

I predict a spotlighter uprising...

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

geck0 wrote:Can we expect our ownership of the Hocking to continue now that the division has expanded? What do we know about Wamaha?

If you remember the Tope kid from Athens a few years ago, his unlce is on the staff at Wahama. I think that connection is why Athens played them. They are one of the teams that South Gallia and Southern have never beaten.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

gecko whats Trimble's playoff record?

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

Trimble is 2-6 in the playoffs.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Warpig

I have watched Trimble play football games since the early 70's. I can tell you one thing. They might not be the biggest sized players you would ever see, but they will knock the snot out of you. I do not mean that they haven't had big players, but that no matter how big they were, they would rock your world. They always seem to have that mentality since I first played against them and watched them over the years. Just a shout out for the school. They have a lot of history to be proud of, and a lot of football to be played. So I would not bet against them. Good luck to my old foes and rivals. 74 Viking

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

1974Viking,

Former Trimble Coach Ed Bolin summed it up the best in 2000 when talking about coaching the Tomcats. "They were never the biggest, the fastest, or had the most talent, but they played with the most heart and the most courage".

Good luck this season with your new coach. I had the opportunity to coach with Coach Burleson at River Valley for a season. The man has a great passion for football. I think his biggest task at Vinton County is getting players from all over the county out to play. The Viking teams of the late 80s, 90s and mid-2000s show what their capable of. I know Viking fans probably never get sick of hearing how tough that '93 team was. We kicked-off and had them pinned inside the five, and forced a three and out. With both teams 2-0 at the time, we felt pretty good about our chances after that first series. Then Snider boomed a 50+ yard punt, and on our first play he tipped a pass that was picked off by Booth and the route was on. 56-0, long long game.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I hope Trimble continues to do well in their conference. Maybe it can meet up with (Hannibal) River again in a playoff game at Marietta. I remember that one like it was yesterday, only because the Pilots held that all-Ohio back (sophomore at the time) to something like 10 yards. River was just too quick on 'D' that night. It'll be tough to go anywhere in that Reg. 23 as long as Newark Catholic is qualifying.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

trimble can always match up at the skilled positions most games, but its the line where we hurt the most

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

carbon_dated wrote:I hope Trimble continues to do well in their conference. Maybe it can meet up with (Hannibal) River again in a playoff game at Marietta. I remember that one like it was yesterday, only because the Pilots held that all-Ohio back (sophomore at the time) to something like 10 yards. River was just too quick on 'D' that night. It'll be tough to go anywhere in that Reg. 23 as long as Newark Catholic is qualifying.

Yes, and one playoff game I remember was an undefeated Beallsville team against Shadyside a few years ago. Can't remember the score, so maybe Carbon dated can remind us of what it was. But I do remember Slim Shady seemed really quick that night. I think Beallsville held that powerhouse Shady O down somewhere in the 70 point range for the final. Maybe Beallsville can meet up with them in the playoffs again. :mrgreen:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

cg 22 wrote:gecko whats Trimble's playoff record?

What is Southerns playoff record CG? :mrgreen:

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

How many practices have you guys had so far?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

popcorn phil wrote:How many practices have you guys had so far?

This month, or since January?

Anonymous Rutter
Waterboy

Post by Anonymous Rutter »

They have had half as many practices as usuaul. Coach Phil is sharing kids with the kickball team. we learned last year that practicing both sports in the same day just wore these young rutters out. It kept us out of the playoffs in football. We got pretty far in kickball, but who doesnt since they let everyone in the tourney and there are only like 20 kickball teams in the whole state anyway.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!

geck0
Waterboy

Post by geck0 »

cg 22 wrote:gecko whats Trimble's playoff record?

2 more wins than racine will EVER have....

ALMOST CHAMPIONS! RACINE SOUTHERN!

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Wow you guys are defensive gecko starts a topic called Trimble Dominance and I just wondered what kind of playoff record Trimble Dominance had. I guess going 2-6 is better than being a state runnerup. I am not even going to try and debate with your great smartness-ne+a.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

cg 22 wrote:Wow you guys are defensive gecko starts a topic called Trimble Dominance and I just wondered what kind of playoff record Trimble Dominance had. I guess going 2-6 is better than being a state runnerup. I am not even going to try and debate with your great smartness-ne+a.

You didn't say what Southern's playoff record is cg. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

hey cg....what was southerns record against eastern this year.........

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

koondogger wrote:For years Southern dominated Jr High with jr's and sr's. They would have been a good Jr High playoff team, but one coach from a certain dominate football factory never lost to the Does. Problem for Southern was, those kids never played when they got to high school and the age restriction kicked in. Had they played, they might have placed 2nd behind the Tomcats of course. That is what I was told by a very reliable source anyway.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

Wonder what coach he is talking about?

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

Trimble is overated by their fans. They can't beat anyone with a winning record. When they beat teams like Nelsonville, or Belpre it is when those teams only win 1 or 2 games. I wish SG would have played Trimble in the playoffs. That would have been a great chance for SG to get a first round win. I think Trimble will struggle with Wahama, SG, and Belpre in the league so any dominance they had in the past will dissapear.

Return to “Football”