Freshman Team

Top Players Returning In The TVC

Post by goldenboy »

Thoughts?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Top Players Returning In The TVC

Post by Orange and Brown »

There is a lot of talent coming back this year. Athens has some great kids, so does NY, Alex, Meigs.....There are so many good young kids this year.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Two players I would consider are Jaylen Prater and Austin Osborne!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

goldenboy wrote:Two players I would consider are Jaylen Prater and Austin Osborne!

I think Prater will make a huge difference for the Rockets this year!!!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

In the Hocking , Its Tyler Dyla From Trimble, Cant wait to see how he does his Senior Year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Last year VC was pretty much the Grillo and Ward show...

Grillo will be gone but Ward will return.

Along with many of the trench players.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Ward is not one of the top players returning in the league, maybe basketball not football!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Goldenboy..he is the best player returning from a 1-9 team..take it for what its worth..but please dont put him down.

Last I checked putting players down gets you banned on this site...you may want to delete that post.

broncofan09
Varsity

Post by broncofan09 »

Ny - Bobby (linebacker) Justin Cunningham (running back)

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

For Athens you have multiple players returning who can make a difference, Ian Dixon (WR)speed and nose for the endzone, Mitch Rider (MLB) who can be great if not better than his brother which is scary, DeVon Sharp (RB) small in staure but quick and fast 6.6 yards a carry and 8 TD's, Chris Russell a mad man on Defense and not a bad RB. And that is just to name a few if they can get the line together could be dangerous

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

waderker,watkins, and ullman from belpre

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

broncofan09 wrote:Ny - Bobby (linebacker) Justin Cunningham (running back)

Did you mean Bobby Leitwien or Ricky Bobby? :122245 :122245 :122245

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

I think the Tomcats have a solid group of players coming back including Dyla, Keith, Jewell, several kids on the outside, and a good group returning on the line. I think I pay more attention to the offense, but on D, Stobart is back and should be considered as a preseason favorite for D player of the year.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

goldenboy wrote:Ward is not one of the top players returning in the league, maybe basketball not football!

Dundas wrote:Goldenboy..he is the best player returning from a 1-9 team..take it for what its worth..but please dont put him down.

Last I checked putting players down gets you banned on this site...you may want to delete that post.

See, this is what I can not for the life of me understand. How is the first post putting down a player? He is simply stating his opinion that the player is not one of the top players returning in the league. Does every player on every team have to be a top player? Going on this logic, anytime someone leaves a player off the list she is essentially putting him down. You people are waaaayyyyyy to sensitive. And I think you sell the kids short by assuming that any comment that is not putting them on a pedastol is putting them down. The ones I have talked to, and there are a lot of them, either laugh about the posts you people try so hard to get deleted, or they use them as motivation. I have yet to hear a single player say, "that stuff on SEOPS really hurts my feelings."

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Heavy D...Adam Ward would start on any team in the TVC. Period. He is a great athlete and my post was to simply point out that just because VC was down as a whole last year, doesnt mean that they dont have a few good players. There is nothing insensitive about my post..I just dont understand how goldenboy can basically say Ward isnt any good but then at the same time, say there are 3 or 4 great players on a wellston team that finished 2 games better than VC with basically the same schedule.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Heavy D, I also believe that Gb's commet was out of spite. For anyone to say Ward isnt a top player is simple ignorant. There isnt a team in the TVC who wouldnt be happy to have him. Wellston included.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Dundas, I get ya. We dont play VC, so I didnt know where you were coming from on that since I havent seen their players. As for my post, I still think there way too many soft people on here that take the things said on here to seriously.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I remember the "whopper" in Jr high. He was a stud on that undefeated 8th grade team 6 or 7 years ago. If you can get his little brothers peewee coach to take over the HC duties Southern may just win the league. That is if you can get a local high school coach to sit down and have a few discussions with him. Maybe Charlie Chancey or Bob Ashley will talk to him a few times like Ralph Holder did with the new Belpre coach. What a difference that could make!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

The post reads best returning players, not last years best players.
Adam Ward at VC is one of the best all around atheletes returning next year in football and basketball as far as the TVC goes.
If he stays healthy you all will see. He can play any offensive skills position, return punts and kickoffs, and play defense as well as any one in the league. Adam is a great kid. He will be a top performer in TVC Ohio football in 2010.
Any coach would be glad to have this young man play for them.
GO VIKES

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

NY- LB-Leitwein, LB-FB Cunningham, T-DE Mello, OL- Taggart, DL Coon, DE-TE Dexter, QB Dean, LB-HB Andrews, T-T Milliron, RB-CB Dustin Young, WR-Kline, C-DT Moore, S- CB Carter, CB- FOX. G- Knippa, WR-Breeze, LB-CB-HB Perkins....Thats all I can remember of the returning Lettermen.( 17 of them )..Who else?

Return to “Football”