Notre Dame's Head Coach is Bob Ashley

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: ...and the new Notre Dame Titans Head Coach is...

Post by biggdowgg »

:oops: :oops:

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Not Cool! lol

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Tobias, this is serious. Rumor that the best candidate, Sammons for no reason, is not the top choice.
ND's passing future and playoff runs may be in doubt.
Surely, those making the decision are aware of this.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Bob Ashley

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

BOB ASHLEY? He is coming back?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Those that have seen the offenses that Ashley runs, even when he had his only successful season at ND,
know that his offense will not work with the type of athletics at ND. His only successful season was the year
ND had 15 seniors with 2 excellent running backs. Those days are over.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

what committe or board decides ?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Usually, a committee of the ND Athletic Foundation makes a recommendation to the high school.

For those that may not know, the stated purpose of the NDAF:
A. support, foster and promote the best methods of creating and maintaining a superior athletic program
1. provide members an opportunity for discussions and information
2. participation in fund raising activities
B. To recommend hiring and firing of all coaches

I know of no such committee this time.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

i heard its ernie pregmore from texas

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

gwell wrote:Usually, a committee of the ND Athletic Foundation makes a recommendation to the high school.

For those that may not know, the stated purpose of the NDAF:
A. support, foster and promote the best methods of creating and maintaining a superior athletic program
1. provide members an opportunity for discussions and information
2. participation in fund raising activities
B. To recommend hiring and firing of all coaches

I know of no such committee this time.

...so where is Notre Dame in the hiring process?

From what little info I receive, stated purpose A. may now be questionable, and stated purpose 1. is not happening.
What is odd about this, almost every NDAF member, all the football players, and all the parents of the players
that I have talked to want Sammons as the head coach.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Not sure who are talking with gwell but the several I've talked with (players and NDAF members) that couldn't be further from the truth. :122248

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

You must know players and members that I don't.

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

I heard it was Mike Leach-Texas Tech!!!! I heard there were plenty of old closet space to put kids in that old, rundown school!!!!!!!!

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Actually, ESPN got it all wrong! Brian Kelly jumped ship for Notre Dame HIGH SCHOOL!!! :122246

We Are
Waterboy

Post by We Are »

gwell wrote:Those that have seen the offenses that Ashley runs, even when he had his only successful season at ND,
know that his offense will not work with the type of athletics at ND. His only successful season was the year

If it happens to be Ashley, his knowledge of offense differs greatly from what he ran that season. As one of those 15 seniors you mention above, I was a part of that offense. Up to the scrimmage before that season, the offense was going to be a minimum of 4 wide. Once they realized the caliber of backs they had, combined with a strong defense, they quickly switched to a full house and ball control offense.

Perfect example of the offense they intended to run was displayed during the last playoff game of that season. The full house was being shutdown, and out came spread for the remainder of the game, and was the only reason we were able to stay in the game.

He adapts to his players and personel, and definately does not limit himself offensively.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Nice post, thanks.

BlueandGold
Waterboy

Post by BlueandGold »

Anyone who knows anything about ND knows that the school's football program is built on being undersized, fundamentally sound, and playing harder than every other team. Dive, Counter, Lead, Play Action when you catch the defense off balance. After watching this past season, the words pass and playoffs don't belong in the same sentence. ND doesn't play football for induvidual results or statistics. They've always played to win championships. The only statistics that matter are in two columns... W and L. Who cares if they throw or run? They should do what gives them the best chance to win. If they are a throwing team , throw. A running team, run. But I've never seen a successful throwing team at ND. And the current team isn't one either. Bob Ashley will do what's best for the team. ND should throw a party if he comes back!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I agree with the above post, Ashley is a good, qualified coach...if he would of stayed at Minford he would be the one with a 24-9 record and an Soc championship at Minford the last three years...no discredit to Daniels and staff they are fine coaches, but Ashley suffered through some building seasons, and didn't get the benefits because he left...I think he will be a good fit...but all and all I believe sammons will get the job who is more than qualified and a very good coach

foot123ball
Waterboy

Post by foot123ball »

Lets be honest, your not going to get anywhere unless you have a balanced offense with both run and pass. They both work off each other. If the coach is Sammons he'll have to realize that you can't throw the ball all game.Very few high school teams can. And if it is Ashley he'll have to come in and see what he has and put in the best suited offense. From what little I seen of ND from last year they're offense is not consistent. But we all know defense wins chapionships! :-D

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

We Are wrote:
gwell wrote:Those that have seen the offenses that Ashley runs, even when he had his only successful season at ND,

If it happens to be Ashley, his knowledge of offense differs greatly from what he ran that season. As one of those 15 seniors you mention above, I was a part of that offense. Up to the scrimmage before that season, the offense was going to be a minimum of 4 wide. Once they realized the caliber of backs they had, combined with a strong defense, they quickly switched to a full house and ball control offense.

Perfect example of the offense they intended to run was displayed during the last playoff game of that season. The full house was being shutdown, and out came spread for the remainder of the game, and was the only reason we were able to stay in the game.

He adapts to his players and personel, and definately does not limit himself offensively.

Not to mention that year ND best running back from the previous year decided to transfer out. Just adding to “We are's" comments, that Bob Ashley would be a great candidate. I totally agree, Bob is a class act, and can help Notre Dame continue to rebuild their program.

To everyone that wants to say he only had one good year, and then talk up Samons, I ask what has Samons done? He had 2 playoff years at West in 01 and 02, with a class that was loaded. I say it wasn't so much his coaching as it was the quality of athletes that led to his success those years.

Return to “Football”