Is Chesapeake For Real?

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Is Chesapeake For Real?

Post by fred_flinstone »

Coming up on a large trap game for the Panthers vs. Ironton at Tanks where yo must beat two teams if you want to win there, I find myself asking are the Panthers for real? The beginning of the year the schedule seemed a little week but there is nothing you can do about contracts and teams being down, but after the showing they had against Coal Grove and especially in the second half I believe the Panthers may be for real! I'm not talking 10-0 or a state championship, let's not get crazy but the Panthers just destroyed a pretty good Coal Grove team by 21 it took so halftime adjustments to make it that big of a win, so I find myself wondering if that were the game plan all week so they win by 40? Who knows, but all I know is I see a team that is maturing fast, especially the line, also Mccomas used to be knows for getting hurt on every big shot he took, now he's laying the wood of offense and defense and loving it, he has really stepped up and has proven to be a leader. With the skill this team has, the coaching and the line continually getting better are the Panthers for real and could they win the Region?

BearMarshall
Waterboy

Re: Is Chesapeake For Real?

Post by BearMarshall »

We'll know more after this week.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If they can't beat Ironton they are not for real. I have not seen Ironton play one good game this year. Ironton would have beaten SP in the past before Vass with a JV team. Not even a great JV team just a JV team.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If Chesapeake can get by Ironton and Rock Hill, they'll probably go 10-0. Portsmouth may have something to say about Peake going 10-0 as well.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Playing in Rock Hill is always tough. The Panthers have a lot of work to do still but I like them to face Newark Catholic for the region. That would be some ballgame. For now I'll say Chesapeake will finish 9-1, but they should go 10-0 if they stay focused.

ROLL PEAKE
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth will be out for revenge. Panthers came to town and trashed the Trojans. Trojans are a completely different team from last year. I feel they have a great shot at beating Peake. They are capable.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

TrojanXplosion wrote:Portsmouth will be out for revenge. Panthers came to town and trashed the Trojans. Trojans are a completely different team from last year. I feel they have a great shot at beating Peake. They are capable.
They are definitely capable. Parker and Purdy are a great combo. Portsmouth's game against Grove will be a good measuring stick.

ROLL PEAKE
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

One game at a time but if the Trojans win the Coal grove game that sets up one huge game the following week that's for sure.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

No peak isn't for real. They can't compete with the mighty Mac. Heck, they can't compete with burg...

This is the kind of trash burg fans have to hear so I figured I spread the love!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:No peak isn't for real. They can't compete with the mighty Mac. Heck, they can't compete with burg...

This is the kind of trash burg fans have to hear so I figured I spread the love!
Peake can't beat Coldwater on a regular basis! Obviously they can't be for real :roll:

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Obviously nobody is aloud to be successful, have a winning season or make the playoffs in our area if it isn't burg! Chesapeake people haven't been trolling your threads! Plus I'm sure you haven't seen Chesapeake play, so how do you know. Also isn't burg a division larger?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

fred_flinstone wrote:Obviously nobody is aloud to be successful, have a winning season or make the playoffs in our area if it isn't burg! Chesapeake people haven't been trolling your threads! Plus I'm sure you haven't seen Chesapeake play, so how do you know. Also isn't burg a division larger?
Wow Fred, that sarcasm went right over your head huh?? Haha but honestly,n o I don't think Peake will compete in their region..however, I am glad that Peake is having a good season and I think that they will most likely go 10-0

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

bbn77 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:No peak isn't for real. They can't compete with the mighty Mac. Heck, they can't compete with burg...

Peake can't beat Coldwater on a regular basis! Obviously they can't be for real :roll:
Lol no team around here can compete with coldwater..

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
fred_flinstone wrote:Obviously nobody is aloud to be successful, have a winning season or make the playoffs in our area if it isn't burg! Chesapeake people haven't been trolling your threads! Plus I'm sure you haven't seen Chesapeake play, so how do you know. Also isn't burg a division larger?
Wow Fred, that sarcasm went right over your head huh?? Haha but honestly,n o I don't think Peake will compete in their region..however, I am glad that Peake is having a good season and I think that they will most likely go 10-0

I don't know the region is actually kinda weak I say them and Newark Cath are the favorites.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ff,nc, and barnesville will all be tough contenders

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Ff,nc, and barnesville will all be tough contenders
There's a good chance Barnesville doesn't even make it in. Peake and NC are the favorites.

ROLL PEAKE
purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

For real? Yes! Undefeated is a long way off Ironton at Ironton and Rock Hill at Rock Hill always scare me, plus Portsmouth matches up with the Peake better than anyone else in the conference. Bigs have to play better than ever the rest of the year. Skills have to stay healthy. The season is only half way there so please lets just take it one game at a time and see where the chips fall. Kids read stuff like this and start to believe they are better than they are. I think Andy has come a long way as a coach the past two years. Young coaches always find a way to continue to grow. He is growing. I root for The Peake every game and know these kids have what it takes to be great. Work hard, play harder! Go Peake!!!

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Undefeated to early but not to early to talk about playoffs! Andy has just adapted to the type of players he has. They still run the base trap series Phil Davis did. But Andy and his staff have been pretty good since day one. His first team lost in the playoffs to the #1 in the region by 3, his second year they went 5-5 losing a few games by single didgets also remember that team didn't have a single home game. He's been at the helm since 2011 that's six years, if the Peake makes the playoffs this year that's 4 out of 6 years they have been to the playoffs. I think he has proven himself.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

fred_flinstone wrote:Undefeated to early but not to early to talk about playoffs! Andy has just adapted to the type of players he has. They still run the base trap series Phil Davis did. But Andy and his staff have been pretty good since day one. His first team lost in the playoffs to the #1 in the region by 3, his second year they went 5-5 losing a few games by single didgets also remember that team didn't have a single home game. He's been at the helm since 2011 that's six years, if the Peake makes the playoffs this year that's 4 out of 6 years they have been to the playoffs. I think he has proven himself.
I remember that playoff loss to St. Clairsville..still bugs me today

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

I listened to it on the radio, we wore st. C out had like 400 yards rushing on them. Shoulda won. Andy has had some pretty good teams!

Return to “Football”