Is Drew Basil the best player in SEO?

BlizzardMan
S

Is Drew Basil the best player in SEO?

Post by BlizzardMan »

After all, he is gong to be a Buckeye, and he honestly has pro potential. A kicker is a vital player, especially in college. Is he the best around?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Is Drew Basil the best player in SEO?

Post by Orange and Brown »

He is the best kicker in SEO.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The best player at his particular position by far.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

far from best player

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Can a kicker not be the best player? Think about the how much better he is than others that play his position and compare him to all other players at all other positions. I would say that the disparity is greater between him and his competiton at his position than any other player has over the competition at their postion. Therefore, the best player in the area could be him. The problem is people fall in love with skill position players and fail to understand the importance and skill needed to play other positions. Why wasn't Drew up for GG Player of the Year? He is a special talent who will go the farthest with his football career than any other player in the region. Therfor, I declare him the best player in southeastern Ohio.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Best PLayer NO
Best Kicker yes
Best potential at the next level no doubt

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Kody Fulkerson from Maysville is also a very good kicker & punter so I would not say, "by far". Kody will be playing for the Beatcats after turning down several Big-10 & ACC schools down.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Philos_Finest wrote:Kody Fulkerson from Maysville is also a very good kicker & punter so I would not say, "by far". Kody will be playing for the Beatcats after turning down several Big-10 & ACC schools down.

For the sake of debate, not argument, are some of you saying that a kicker is not a "player"? You also have to admit that it makes any team more dangerous when down by 2, they know they have a real shot to win if they can manage to get within the 35-40 with seconds remaining.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

B-4 we crown Mr. Basil let's see how he preforms at the next level. Also a kicker is not involved as much as an everydown player!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gahs4ever wrote:I cant help but think of the movie THE REPLACEMENTS, and kicker Nigel Gruff. Then there's NORTH DALLAS FORTY where the kicker sits in the stands reading the newspaper and the owner orders him out on the field. He goes out, kicks one 50 yd FG and returns to his paper.

I dont believe kickers/punters are even their team's best athletes, let alone best players. But if I had to chose between a kicker who made 90% of his FG attempts to a punter who consistently pinned opponents inside their 20, I would go with the punter.

It takes three FGs to offset one TD, and field position is everything in most games.

By position, I would rate most "best" players as QBs because they handle the ball on every offensive snap, RBs, WRs, and LTs, and the Heisman trophy winners seem to bear this out year after year. You show me a team without at least a competent QB and I will show you a team whose kicker doesnt matter. The Browns of the last half of last year and the first half of this year bear that out.

I agree!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

The kicker can't really effect any other part of the game. He either makes or misses. I believe a great kicker is important to any team, but as GAHS said I'd take a great punter first. Mr. Basil is a really really really good kicker and I hope he goes on to great things at OSU and maybe even the pros.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:I cant help but think of the movie THE REPLACEMENTS, and kicker Nigel Gruff. Then there's NORTH DALLAS FORTY where the kicker sits in the stands reading the newspaper and the owner orders him out on the field. He goes out, kicks one 50 yd FG and returns to his paper.

I dont believe kickers/punters are even their team's best athletes, let alone best players. But if I had to chose between a kicker who made 90% of his FG attempts to a punter who consistently pinned opponents inside their 20, I would go with the punter.

It takes three FGs to offset one TD, and field position is everything in most games.

By position, I would rate most "best" players as QBs because they handle the ball on every offensive snap, RBs, WRs, and LTs, and the Heisman trophy winners seem to bear this out year after year. You show me a team without at least a competent QB and I will show you a team whose kicker doesnt matter. The Browns of the last half of last year and the first half of this year bear that out.

I agree!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

The kicker can't really effect any other part of the game. He either makes or misses. I believe a great kicker is important to any team, but as GAHS said I'd take a great punter first. Mr. Basil is a really really really good kicker and I hope he goes on to great things at OSU and maybe even the pros.

I believe an offensive lineman can be a great player too...without an offensive line..you have nothing...good qb or not...good kicker or not...without a line you have nothing...That was what made Ironton's '89 team though some may disagree..The line was by far superior to anyone they faced...the backs and qb were good...but the line was superior...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Only bright spot for Chillicothe last year

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

He is an outstanding player and will have a good career at OSU.

Why do we have to worry about labeling.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

schenk11 wrote:He is an outstanding player and will have a good career at OSU.

Why do we have to worry about labeling.

It is just for debate schenk. I also think that a kid who shines at a position that is meningless at most programs should get more attention.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

He is a very good soccer player and I have enjoyed following his career as a multisport athlete. I was a bit disappointed he did not play in the soccer dicstrict game as I was looking forward to watching him one more time. I guess I just have to wait for OSU football now.

GoBlue
Waterboy

Post by GoBlue »

I just hope this young man can kick the ball into the endzone after TD's! Go Drew!

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Having a great kicker is a valuble asset, no doubt and Basil is probably the best in SE Ohio. But kickers are far from the best football players on the team overall.

Now, take position into account and I'd agree.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not familiar with him , till now . but thanks for enlightening me. and i wish him luck.

Cant be touched
Waterboy

Post by Cant be touched »

best player? No hes not Best kicker yes

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

With Tressel ball he better be a heck of a kicker.

Return to “Football”