biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth week 3

Post by biggdowgg »

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth week 3

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coin flip.....I could see Portsmouth winning this one if their passing game is sharp.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

portsmouth has the speed to score on every play Burg will have to play sharp on D or it could get out of control

Portsmouth by 14

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Burg IMO

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Portsmouth

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth gets the W

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

West struggled to get the win and I think West is better than Burg, So this game is a tossup JMO !

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth has good skill with top notch speed. They can contain Shears. Burg lost everything up front so Portsmouth won't get dominated in the trenches like the did friday. If the lines of Portsmouth can hold their own they can play with anyone. I'll take Portsmouth.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SOCMAN05 wrote:West struggled to get the win and I think West is better than Burg, So this game is a tossup JMO !
Seriously??

I listened to this entire game and if not for the fumble recovery that was ran back for a 99 yard TD and West fumbling the ensuing KO and giving Portsmouth a short field the Trojans probably never score. Wests running game dominated the Trojans and the Siders controlled the LOS all night long.

The Trojans may beat the Pirates but to say West struggled to beat them is ludicrous.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Burg by alot

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
SOCMAN05 wrote:West struggled to get the win and I think West is better than Burg, So this game is a tossup JMO !
Seriously??

I listened to this entire game and if not for the fumble recovery that was ran back for a 99 yard TD and West fumbling the ensuing KO and giving Portsmouth a short field the Trojans probably never score. Wests running game dominated the Trojans and the Siders controlled the LOS all night long.

The Trojans may beat the Pirates but to say
West struggled to beat them is ludicrous
So, Portsmouth having the ball close to mid-field with 3 minutes to go.....only down 7.......a chance to tie or win doesn't constitute a struggle? Yes, West dominated on paper and on the field.....but the game was far from over til that last possession was stopped.....I was there and I believe it was a struggle til the end.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Seriously??

The Trojans may beat the Pirates but to say
West struggled to beat them is ludicrous
So, Portsmouth having the ball close to mid-field with 3 minutes to go.....only down 7.......a chance to tie or win doesn't constitute a struggle? Yes, West dominated on paper and on the field.....but the game was far from over til that last possession was stopped.....I was there and I believe it was a struggle til the end.
I was there also and that game wasnt as close as the scoreboard showed Portsmouth had 137 total yards 29 rushing and 108 passing. Portsmouth took advantage of 2 West misscues and got there points but were unable to sustain a drive against West Defense until they went to a prevent on the last series which i never agree.

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

After last years game I was pleased with The Trojans effort for four quarters. West did pretty much dominate the line of scrimmage though. Not sure about this weeks game. If Wheelersburg did lose everything up front and it becomes a matchup of speed The Trojans may have a sleight edge. I look for another close game. Hopefully The Trojans can gut one out because they have two tough losses right now.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Final scores are not always indicative of how a game was played. West isn't gonna score a ton of points on anyone if they don't basically "Give Up". Our ball control style eats clock and limits possessions. You see alot of games where scores at the end make the outcome look alot different.

This game West did dominate statistically. Per Clifford on the radio, Portsmouth was beat up. The fumbles are part of the game, but if West doesn't fumble and goes up 2 scores, instead of tied and then down a score after the next fumble; they probably beat Portsmouth by 4 td's if not more. Portsmouth's only hope was offense, and if West doesn't go prevent on the last possession, Portsmouth has like 80 yards of offense compared to 350 yards rushing. Pretty dominate..

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

If's and but's etc. But I will say this one thing about the West and Portsmouth game. Dropped passes killed PHS! No less than 3 touchdowns were eliminated because of it. Players were behind West D-backs several times with some over throws, but I remember 3 right on the money that were just plain dropped. It was definitely a struggle!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I think Portsmouth will pass all over Burg glad Schankwieler (more than likely spelled it wrong) is gone he always killed the Trojans should be a good game though hope it's not raining :oops:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

CoachC wrote:If's and but's etc. But I will say this one thing about the West and Portsmouth game. Dropped passes killed PHS! No less than 3 touchdowns were eliminated because of it. Players were behind West D-backs several times with some over throws, but I remember 3 right on the money that were just plain dropped. It was definitely a struggle!
Yeah they had some drops. Part of those drops, especially later in the game was after some big hits had been laid on them. That's the advantage of those 2 big safeties back there laying the wood. Sommers had some big hits also.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

why is it,that we can never be happy with a win, we have to stoop to,,we could have won by 4 tds/ guess what, we could have lost by 4 tds to, take the win and move on, act like you been here before.

Oakhillian2
Waterboy

Post by Oakhillian2 »

Wheelersburg 14
Portsmouth 24

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

First of all just because we are young and lost some players doesn't mean that we are going to get passed all over by Portsmouth or anyone else- that's why we play the game. Better watch the young corners or you will see a pick 6. Hopefully this will be a great ballgame to watch and enjoy by all and the weather works with us. Go Burg :122249

Return to “Football”