Waterboy

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by Mohawk »

NW possibly getting new coach so pray it be a good one

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Should be another good year in the SOC II. West returns a lot as does valley. Wheelersburg always finds a way to be in the thick of things but I don't know what they have coming back. Waverly lost a talented class and will be rebuilding for a few years IMO. Northwest will never win an SOC game if they don't stick with a coach for more than a year at a time. Minford loses a lot but also has some great talent coming back to fill the spots. The biggest question mark for the Falcons will be at QB after losing 3 year starter Aaron Oesch to graduation, they also lose a good bit on the o-line and some skill positions. If the guys put another good year of work in the off season good things will happen. Championships are won and lost in the weightrooms in winter and spring, summer is too late to decide if you want to win or not. I know Coach Daniels and Co. will have the boys ready to play next year.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

West has alot coming back and could be the team to beat. But you can easily make a case for most teams in the SOC 2. Burg, Minford, and Valley all have really good players returning. So I think it will be wide open for the teams mentioned.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think West will win the Soc, thats an unbiased opinion, they will have 10 Seniors and 10 Juniors next year they lose 3 Seniors that started...I think that will be a good mixture and enough to win the Soc and make a good playoff run...I except the Soc to be down compared to the past few years, I think Valley could finish second, but I don't know if they can beat burg, if they are going to do it, this is the year to do it...heres my prediction:

1. West
2. Burg
3. Valley
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford will have Butcher at QB and Slone, Piquet, Gaines at RB. Loyd at WR. Need to find the O-line but the skill is there. There is a good crop coming up but no 6-5 270 guys. Also, Butcher was the 400 meter district champion in track, he will run alot. Keep an eye on Gaines he ripped up Ridgewood in the playoffs filling in for McCormick who was hurt. I think Minford could win it again next year looking at all the other schools who lost alot of their talent too. Minford has a good feeder system now if you look at the classes they had 15 players per class.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford has a good coach and a good system that fits their personel. Their offensive line this year was very good. They will struggle to replace them. The will miss Oesch big time. His ability to pass and make plays with his feet kept teams honest. They had several guys who were excellent complementary players this year that will have to step up. That's a big change. I think their going to take a big step back this year IMO.

Wheelersburg lost alot of skill, but they still have several coming back. I believe they have several linemen back also. They will be good again, just not as good as last year.

Valley returns alot of experienced players. Alot of skill guys. They should have their best team in a while.

Waverly seems to be on a downward trend.

Northwest is a long ways off.

West should be good. Alot of starters back. Much more experienced. Graduated a small senior class. Those sophs to be will push for alot of time. West is very talented.

I agree with Sider
1. West
2. Burg
3. Valley
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

If the Falcons work as hard as they did this season, and luck goes their way, I see another Falcon title. If not, it will be down to Burg and West.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mattash wrote:Post 2010 Schedules here

I've heard wheelersburg has replaced south point with oak hill in wk 2 and and cleve vasj with fairland in wk 4

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Minford replaces Coal Grove, River Valley and Huntington Ross with Meigs, South Point and Piketon. Not sure of the weeks though.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg is losing ALOT of talent at the skill positions and line. I think this year was their peak year for a couple years at least.

Minford is the team to beat and the conference champions. I see them filling a few holes on the line and being in contention again next year.

West will be tough if their line gets better. They need to really hit the weights hard this year and get better up front.

I see Valley as being right there competing for the title. They bring back alot of talent. I think there are 4 teams that can win this thing next year for sure.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^Agree.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

28Buck wrote:

Minford replaces Coal Grove, River Valley and Huntington Ross with Meigs, South Point and Piketon. Not sure of the weeks though.

We open with South Point 8/22 (H)
Megs 9/17 (H)
I believe Piketon replaces Huntington Ross (A)

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

I think West should win it with all of their upperclassmen leaership and they have almost everyone back from last years 6-4 team so here is my prediction for the rest of the SOC 2

1.West
2.Wheelersburg
3.Valley
4.Minford
5.Waverly
6.Northwest

I think both West and Wheelersburg will both make the playoffs also and should win at least one game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

West will be one of the favorites if they can find a line for trevon pendelton to run behind. They will have some skilled sophs. playing right away.

Minford will have to replace a good QB and RB. Gaines will prolly take the majority of the carries but will have to be careful of injury since he plays LB.

Valley will bring back most of the experience but I am still not convinced they work hard in weight room.

Waverly will either struggle or be a surprise

Northwest continues to struggle with coaching change

Burg offense will be as good as last year and will put up points, they have their line back, except their center, and plenty of runners, although the speed is gone. They lost all the Defense and the quick d line they have had for the past two years is gone. Burg's coaching will have to rely on bringing more to the box to stop the run and take chances against the pass.

Until Minford can upset Burg at home and Valley get over mentally against the Burg. Look for West and Burg to battle it out for the SOC week 10.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

wobycat wrote:West will be one of the favorites if they can find a line for trevon pendelton to run behind. They will have some skilled sophs. playing right away.

Minford will have to replace a good QB and RB. Gaines will prolly take the majority of the carries but will have to be careful of injury since he plays LB.

Valley will bring back most of the experience but I am still not convinced they work hard in weight room.

Waverly will either struggle or be a surprise

Northwest continues to struggle with coaching change

Burg offense will be as good as last year and will put up points, they have their line back, except their center, and plenty of runners, although the speed is gone. They lost all the Defense and the quick d line they have had for the past two years is gone. Burg's coaching will have to rely on bringing more to the box to stop the run and take chances against the pass.

Until Minford can upset Burg at home and Valley get over mentally against the Burg. Look for West and Burg to battle it out for the SOC week 10.

Burg lost Slivey, Walker, Craigmiles and Lang. Who knows about Shank's shoulder. But if hes the QB whos running the ball? I don't recall any other backs that ran last year that showed much promise for next year. Who are they?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^^^^^

None that saw varsity action. They always have good runners. Schank should be ok, if not then of course it wont look as good. Luster is a great FB and will be a nice addition to the offense. I think Whitley will move to QB, he took b-ball off to focus on f-ball. Soph Hood and Obrien are pretty good, not as good as Lang and Craigmiles but will do fine behind the returning line. Hopefully Massie will come out and add some speed.

Burg will be more conservative than last year if that is possible because their team speed will not be there. If they can slow down the game I see burg repeating last year's win total. This team will be more team oriented than last year's team which I believe hurt them than helped them.

Burg also loses alot of depth which may hurt them if they are in a battle.

TE will prolly be Parsley, SE will be Stegman, Bendolph(if he plays), and Shears

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

It should be a dog fight again with 2 to 3 teams in the playoffs. Based on who has what coming back, I'd have to make Valley the preseason favorite followed by West. West will disappoint again if they don't solve pass offense and defense. Minford will be better than people are predicting. Good coaching, hard working players, a system that fits them, and they will have good skill players. Minford's 4 departing O linemen will be hard to replace on Offense and Defense. Someone will have to step up. Burg probably loses more than anyone but they have a proven record of good teams. Whitley will be an improvement at QB. Shank will be very good, unless the injury slows him down. There are not a lot of younger players evident to replace what was lost. Northwest: who knows.
I was told by one of the player's father that attendance at the weight room is really good at Minford. I agree Valley's problem may be off season work ethic.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

What 4- O/Linemen are you talking about ? (Minford)

Return to “Football”