New Coach at Northwest?

Tartanblue
SEO

New Coach at Northwest?

Post by Tartanblue »

I seen in the paper that Northwest has an add in the paper for a varsity football coach....

Is this for the head coach or just needing a new coach?

If it is for a new coach, this is one of the reason why Northwest has had a lack of success.

osu 77
All State

Re: New Coach at Northwest?

Post by osu 77 »

If this is true and I was a kid I would look at playing football some where else next year.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What happen to the old coach, i never heard anything about him stepping down or getting fired????

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I'm thinking it might be a state law that they list the job every year if it's not a multi-year contract which most aren't early on. I would say that coach is safe out there seeing as how they improved this year and should continue to imrpove.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If there is another new coach you really have to feel bad for the young men who are going to go through it again.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IRONFALCON wrote:I'm thinking it might be a state law that they list the job every year if it's not a multi-year contract which most aren't early on. I would say that coach is safe out there seeing as how they improved this year and should continue to imrpove.

To quote a well known college sports announcer, "not so fast my friend." It is not a state law that a supplemental has to be posted yearly if that person is a certified employee of the district.

The job is for a head football coach.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

alabama mike

any chance,,D.D. may get this job?

Maverick77
Waterboy

Post by Maverick77 »

You couldnt pay me enough to coach at northwest. Lou Holtz couldnt win wit those type of athletes.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Maverick77 wrote:You couldnt pay me enough to coach at northwest. Lou Holtz couldnt win wit those type of athletes.

They would have to gurantee me at least five years to get things going. Hiring a new coach every year will not solve anything. It's going to take several years with one good coach to get them up to even being competitive. It seems like there are a lot of parents that have too much power out there and if they aren't happy the coach is gone. I just don't buy that at a school that size there aren't enough athletes to be better than they are, the problem is they never get to stay in a system with one coach and learn how to run that system effectively.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The problem a couple yrs ago was the kids wouldn't get their butts in the weightroom in the offseason. Hard to build a winner when you have 1 linemen showing up to offseason weightlifting.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

I hope NW can get things turned around. I don't have any idea if anyone can ever get it turned around out there. There are good kids and great people out there but for some reason it does not equal football success.

coachb
Freshman Team

Post by coachb »

Supplemental contracts are negotiated in the contract (teachers union) . Some schools have to post them yearly whether the coach is a teacher or not. I coached in one district where if you were a teacher, once you have the coaching job you didnt need to apply again. If the coach was not a teacher the district would post it yearly, just in case someone in the district wanted it. The district I coach in now (I'm not a teacher) posts all coaching jobs yearly. Even the coach/teacher must reapply.

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

Politics, politics, politics this is one of many problems @ Northwest!!! If you step on the wrong toes of certain board members or principal you are gone. Once a coach is hired the board and the parents should stay out that coach and his assistant coaches road. Not @ Northwest they always have input and look where it gets them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0-10, 1-9, 2-8!!!!!!!!!!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If it was me I would move over to West there program is on the rise and not to far to travel.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

:aaaaa8

Im stumped, again.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Charlie Weis?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

My bet on who the new head coach at Northwest will be is: Darryl Davis or Dan McDavid!

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

Thompson would not kiss the board members butts by playing their kids and other relatives. Shame on the Supt for not sticking up for his coach! No one will ever be able to win there!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote:If it was me I would move over to West there program is on the rise and not to far to travel.

agreed.
There are several kids in the lower grades from there now. I would say more will come. We have a good basketball coach that will be here for sometime now also. That will only help.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Siderman,
Are you recruiting, I thought recruiting was illegal in the state of Ohio???

Return to “Football”