SVAC Rebirth: dreams do come true!

meatswinger
JV Team

SVAC Rebirth: dreams do come true!

Post by meatswinger »

Hooray! My wish on my last birthday was granted! the TVC voted the old SVAC back into existence:

Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
Waterford
Miller

If they would have just put River Valley in Miller's spot the whole thing would be complete. Now if we can just talk Symmes Valley into joining....... :122246

All of us old SVACers can begin to rejoice. This has been much debated on this platform and now it is true thankfully and finally!

A special shoutout to Pam Douthitt. She should be the SVAC Commissioner.

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: SVAC Rebirth: dreams do come true!

Post by oldmo31 »

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! I never liked it when we played in it!!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

meatswinger wrote:Hooray! My wish on my last birthday was granted! the TVC voted the old SVAC back into existence:

Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
Waterford
Miller

If they would have just put River Valley in Miller's spot the whole thing would be complete. Now if we can just talk Symmes Valley into joining....... :122246

All of us old SVACers can begin to rejoice. This has been much debated on this platform and now it is true thankfully and finally!

Do you have a source from which you got this information?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

It's true. Starting in 2014 I believe. River Valley is too big enrollment wise to be in this division of the TVC. I think they will be in middle division in which RV will be by far the largest. If enrollment were the key to division placement I think RV should be in large division. Also heard that RV and SG will begin to compete during regular via divisional crossover games which is required by TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I've heard about the division split.. but nothing about required crossover games. I really hope the TVC doesn't go this route. The Ohio will already have 5 league games.. add in 2 or 3 crossover games and that leaves little room for non league rival matchups.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Not sure about specifics on the cross over games other than it would finally put sg and rv together on the courts and filelds. It may just be for natural rivals like SG -RV, Waterford - Belpre, Trimble-NY etc.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Rivals are good

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

No required cross over games. Any team is free to play any other team in the other two divisions, but it won't count in league standings, so it will be just like any other non-league game. ex. NY vs. Trimble will still be a non-league game as it is today.

TVC OHIO remains as it is today - Alexander, Athens, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, Vinton County, Wellston.

TVC HOCKING splits in two based on enrollment and River Valley is added to the larger Hocking Schools -

"North" - Belpre, Federal Hocking, River Valley, Trimble, Wahama

"South" - Eastern, Miller, Southern, South Gallia, Waterford

This takes effect when River Valley joins the TVC in the fall of 2014.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I heard that they will require a crossover game between the two lower divisions (still a non league game) since both have an odd number of teams making the schedules easier to put together.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

meatswinger wrote:Hooray! My wish on my last birthday was granted! the TVC voted the old SVAC back into existence:

Southern
Eastern
South Gallia
Waterford
Miller

Old SVAC teams were Southern, Eastern, Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southwestern and Hanna Trace. Miller and Waterford were in different leagues.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:I heard that they will require a crossover game between the two lower divisions (still a non league game) since both have an odd number of teams making the schedules easier to put together.
That makes sense.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This move positions the TVC for future expansion sometime down the road. That expansion could be schools of any size at this point. What's to say 5-10 years from now there won't be a fourth division?

This was clearly a forward thinking move by the TVC and I think it positions itself nicely for whatever may happen over the next decade as the landscape of high school sports in southeastern ohio changes.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Only four league games in football. :(

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

You have got to be kidding me. The SVAC was a complete joke of a conference and now we get stuffed into this thing. I can only hear the jokes now about how we play in the bottom conference in the state. Please somebody do something. Pam, if you are reading this and I know you are.......get us out of this thing.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:No required cross over games. Any team is free to play any other team in the other two divisions, but it won't count in league standings, so it will be just like any other non-league game. ex. NY vs. Trimble will still be a non-league game as it is today.

TVC OHIO remains as it is today - Alexander, Athens, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, Vinton County, Wellston.

TVC HOCKING splits in two based on enrollment and River Valley is added to the larger Hocking Schools -

With the cost of travel, seems like they would have put Miller in the "North" and River Valley in the "South".....What is with that?

Dont know what everyone else think but this screams expansion.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Titletown TVC wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:No required cross over games. Any team is free to play any other team in the other two divisions, but it won't count in league standings, so it will be just like any other non-league game. ex. NY vs. Trimble will still be a non-league game as it is today.

With the cost of travel, seems like they would have put Miller in the "North" and River Valley in the "South".....What is with that?

Dont know what everyone else think but this screams expansion.
I agree.. but who will they target? I think the Ohio is set so it will most likely be smaller schools. Although if a bigger school is added I could see Wellston or Alex in the middle division. Alexander originally played in the Hocking after the initial split.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Where would a Crooksville, Morgan or even Fort Frye fit into the mix?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Crossover games in football will not count as conference games.

In basketball, the North and South will be required to play a total of 13 conference games; 8 games in your division and 1 game each against the 5 teams in the other division.

North and South teams were choosen purely by boys total enrollment.

It would appear that any future expansion has been put on hold. I seriously doubt that Crooksville, Morgan or Fort Frye will ever be a member of the TVC.

In my opinion, going to 3 divisions is a good thing for the TVC. This line up gives the much smaller schools of the TVC Hocking a better chance to win conference titles.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The Enforcer wrote:Where would a Crooksville, Morgan or even Fort Frye fit into the mix?

Maybe Oak Hill?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

pick up jackson and warren move wellston and meigs down a div and then move belpre on down a div. That would make 6 in all divisions.

Return to “Football”