Week 4: Jackson (3-0) @ Logan (0-3)

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Week 4: Jackson (3-0) @ Logan (0-3)

Post by ironmen85 »

With Jackson pitching 3 straight shutouts what are your thoughts on the game. Logan had a very tough schedule but is now in league play. Jackson and Logan is usually a good game if the defense plays like it has and offense keeps scoring game over around 3rd QTR. Will Logan be the first to score against the Ironmen and beat them I don't know but ill be there rooting the Ironmen on GO RED!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 4 : Jackson 3-0 @ Logan 0-3

Post by moonshine »

Jackson by 3-4 TD. Yes logan has play a difficutt schedule so far, but they have show no improvment!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

This will be the Grid Iron Glory game of the week. The last two SEOAL champions face off against each other. Should be a good game. GO Ironmen !!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Logan will be the first to score on the Ironmen,but will it be enough,the defense seems to be playing a little better since the second half of the North game,just like the Lancaster game penalties were another big problem this week they have to stop or Logan will be 0-4,Wolfe thought he had the snap problem figured out by changing snappers this week, but it reared its ugly head again last night,get him under center!Jackson hasn't seen near the speed and power that Logan has so that should work in Logan's favor,,, Somehow the coaching is going to have to get them to forget these first three games and make them quit committing these silly penalties,it will be tough........

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jackson has too much for Logan this season.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Big game for Logan. Returning home to start league play after a tough non-conference go, they will be under a lot of pressure to perform and at least prove they can play with league teams. If Jackson puts it on them, will someone start feeling the heat?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

35-7 Jackson. Logan hasnt righted the ship yet. Jackson has too many weapons.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Logan dont have enough to stop that Jackson D it will be to much for logan

Jackson 34

Logan 13

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ironmen

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

jackson 28 to 13

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

jackson has the three headed monster.......................................................

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 4: Jackson (3-0) @ Logan (0-3)

Post by Ironman92 »

Better make it 4 headed

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm sure the Jackson players and coaches aren't taking Logan lightly at all.....they've played a tough schedule that most of southern Ohio couldn't beat and Jackson has not been tested at all.

Better be ready to play.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i honestly look for jackson to run roughshod over logan. not only are they not improving, their non -conference schedule may have taken the starch out of them.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 is exactly right. Pickerington North is a D1 playoff team, Lancaster might be also, and Reynoldsburg would beat most teams in this area. Even though they are clearly struggling, I think Logan has definitely improved since last season. They have just been playing an insanely difficult non-conference schedule. At the same time, Jackson has been impressive the first three weeks, but they haven't been truly tested. Wellston seems to have a pretty good football team, but Waverly and VC are still in a rebuilding process.

Coach Hall, his staff, and the Jackson players know that this is SEOAL play now. Logan is Logan, and they're gonna be ready to play when the Ironmen come to town next Friday night. It's up to Jackson to bring their "A" game and start their title defense off the right way.

The Ironmen do have plenty of offensive weapons with Ervin, Osborne, Landrum, McNelly, and others, but they will need to win the battle at the line of scrimmage to win this game. The boys up front will have to play their best game of the young season to get the job done. Defensively, Jackson needs to continue to fly to the football, stay aggressive, and play a physical brand of football. If Jackson plays well overall, I like their chances against the Chiefs. However, this has been a very even rivalry historically. Anything can happen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson isn't buying that! You can't be a league champion or a playoff participant by looking over opponents. Jackson has to prepare and assume they fix their problems and are battle-tested for league play. This past Thursday 0-5 Logan came to 3-0 Jackson and the 0-5 team had played a tough schedule and the 3-0 team had played a very easy schedule.....0-5 left with their first win. Please spare me the differences of the sports....it's high school athletes with many different things on their minds. FAR less crazy stuff happens all the time.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Sorta the same scenario as last year. Only, if I remember right, Logan had their best player injured and out for the rest of the season plus several others banged up, going into the Jackson game. I still think Jackson will win.
But Logan is Logan and they are at home for this one. Guess: Jackson by 2 TD's, or less.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

That is correct Logan lost probably their best player last year in the Reynoldsburg game to a broken ankle and the injuries just kept piling up after that,this year they have been fortunate with the injuries and its a good thing because they are not deep at all,numbers are down this year and might not get better in the near future although the sophs have a decent sized class,,This game is for the league championship IMO whoever wins it gets the crown, the other teams don't look strong enough this year to compete but there could be surprises I guess,,Logan has the home field but the fair could take a lot of fans away and I 'm sure Jackson will bring a good crowd this year so they might be louder even though their visiting,hopefully the strength of schedule will be enough for Logan,if they can keep it close by halftime I like their chances, but if Jackson is up by more than 10 its lights out.....also another thing killing Logan this year is the special teams coverage,they might be better off just kicking it out of bounds every time

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

There is a big difference between the two schedules but Logan is playing teams there own size. They are 400 kids bigger than Jackson so they should be playing those type of teams. There is no one locally near the size of Logan. People werent saying a word about it when they had all those studes and pounding the SEOAL schools and beating those D1 opponents. I think this game will be a war! Both have a true dislike for one another, this has turned into a good SEOAL rivalry game. Throw out the records, 0-3/3-0 means nothing at this point!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Buckeye 4 Life:

Logan has not played a school their own size and will not until week 7 against Warren. See below:

Logan: 478 boys

Lancaster: 651 boys (173 boys bigger than Logan)
Pick North: 720 boys (262 boys bigger than Logan)
Reynoldsburg: 712 boys (254 boys bigger than Logan)

Jackson: 295 boys (182 boys smaller than Logan)

If Logan playing those 3 DI teams is playing the same size schools, then Jackson playing Logan is too.

Logan is in for a real fight. The question is can Logan answer the bell, refocus, and play football like they did in Week 1? If so they will be very competitive against every team in the SEOAL, including Jackson.

However, if they play with the passion, energy, and effort they did against Reynoldsburg Logan will be lucky to win 2 games all season.

Its time for leadership to step and right the ship. I hope that happens this week in practice and the results show on Friday night.

Return to “Football”