ALL SEOAL?

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

ALL SEOAL?

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

Have the coaches already meet for voting on the SEOAL and when does it usally get released. Is there just one team where they use to have a North and South. And last but not least any names out there we should expect to see on the list.

BigTime
JV Team

Re: ALL SEOAL?

Post by BigTime »

Im sure someone will leak the All SEOAL TEAM before Ironton and Logan hopefully win State Titles for the conference. I will go out on a limb to say it will be released by Tuesday of next week. It seems like someone always leaks info never fails. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it gahs4ever.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

bigtime -

I think you are right. If Logan and Ironton make runs to the Regional Final or beyond, the team will be announced before then.

Teams will want to reveal their selections for the team banquests, etc.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Teams should recognize their all league selections at their banquet.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Marietta's banquet is Monday, they are not able to announce yet.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's out! Angle is SEOAL North POY, Amyx is Coach of the Year and a total of 10 Chieftains seniors received league honors. According to The Logan Daily, the team was announced (Monday) with Angle, the Chiefs’ record-setting quarterback, leading a contingent of 10 all-league Chieftain seniors. Eight Chiefs — Angle, Mason Mays, T.J. McCray, Zach McDaniel, Ralph Robinson, Bobby Russell, Jordan Rutter and Michael Snider — were all tabbed first team and Ryan Sigler and Korey Swaim were named honorable mention.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The way that the All-SEOAL team is chosen has been flawed for as long as I can remember. Picking a team by position, which is what LoganLocos does, makes much more sense. That's not the way it is done though, so it is what it is. Generally, the more success you have in the league, the more players you get on the team. Because we're working with this specific selection process, that seems logical to me, and that seems to be the way it was done this season, just as it always is...but apparently not for Jackson.

Jackson finished in a tie for third place in the league, and beat the team that they tied with. To me, that makes them the third best team in the league, yet they only get TWO players on the team (excluding honorable mention, which is two per team). Gallia Academy gets three, Warren gets four, Portsmouth gets three, but Jackson gets two? I don't usually complain about stuff like this, but I see absolutely no way that this should have happened.

Why am I so upset about that? Because Eric Landrum is NOT on the All-SEOAL team. Landrum was the heart and soul of the Jackson defense, along with Klingaman. He was all over the place on the defensive side of the ball the entire season, and even contributed where needed on offense. I have no idea why he was left off this team, but it's an absolute travesty! I'm not saying that any of the kids who made the team weren't deserving, but Eric Landrum should have been on that team and he wasn't even honorable mention! 29 players on the team...obviously there's no rhyme or reason to that, so why not 30?

I guess it's possible that he wasn't nominated, but I find that REALLY hard to believe.

ERIC LANDRUM = ALL-SEOAL...PERIOD!!!

I could make arguments for Drew Ervin and Klay Arthur as well, but they're underclassmen who should probably make it next year. Landrum, being a senior, no longer has that chance.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LoganLocos has the best one.
it is just the best way

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

The voting process for All SEOAL is a flawed system and always has been. How did Portsmouth only get 3 first team all league and Warren got 4. I used to think it matter where you finish in the league as to how many you got on all league. But, again that's not the case because Jackson finish tied for 3 and only got 2. I know at least 2 more for the Trojans that should have a least been on the 1st team or HM but it is what it is. Great Job to Josh Myers on POY, Casey Sanders (1st team), Trey Underwood (1st team), Brennan Howard (HM should have been 1st team), and London Malone (HM). I think they missed on Kyle Simpson (WR) he should have at least been HM, he was the leading WR outside of Logan this year but again it's not by position. All are back for the Trojans with the exception of London Malone. Things look bright for the Trojans next year.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

ironman02
who was the two players for Jackson?

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

JacksonI wrote:ironman02
who was the two players for Jackson?

1st Team

Ryan Klingaman, Jackson C-DE 6-1 205 12

Kruize Wandling, Jackson QB-DB 6-0 180 12

Honorable Mention

Ryan Mullins, Jackson WR-DB 5-10 160 12

Kip Winchester, Jackson WR-DB 6-1 170 11

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Who were the players from GAHS..... I am happy for these players, but having 3 players make all-league & only 2 wins.... HMMMMM.....

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

superblue wrote:Who were the players from GAHS..... I am happy for these players, but having 3 players make all-league & only 2 wins.... HMMMMM.....

1st Team

Nate Allison, Gallipolis RB-LB 5-10 185 12

Kyle Dingess, Gallipolis WR-DB 6-3 200 12

Jared Gravely*, Gallipolis FB-LB 6-4 210 12

Honorable Mention

Nathaniel Gordon, Gallipolis OL-DL 6-4 300 12

Austin Wilson, Gallipolis WR-DB 5-8 150 11

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Congrats to Josh Myers on being named POY in the South very deserving. Also, congrats to Casey Sanders, Trey Underwood on their 1st Team nomination and Brennan Howard, London Malone on Honorable Mention. I think Brennan Howard should have been 1st team, he played both way for this team and was a flat out beast. I also agree with trojanofthepast on Kyle Simpson, he should have at least been an Honorable Mention selection as a WR. How did the Trojans finish 3rd and Warren(2-3 in SEOAL) finished 5th and got more All League selections. Nothing against the Warren kids that made it, but they got 4 all league for finishing in 5th place and Jackson got 2 for finishing in 3rd place and Portsmouth got 3 for finishing in 3rd place. Heck Gallia(2-3 in SEOAL) got the same amount of All League players as Portsmouth(4-2 in SEOAL) and 1 more selection than Jackson did this year. Portsmouth and Jackson had to play 1 more league game then Warren and Gallia and still did not get rewarded for it. Doesn't make sense to me but All Seoal never has made a whole lot of sense when it come to selecting All League. Can't wait to see Loganlocos team, it makes much more sense doing it with a 1st team, 2nd team, and honorable mention all by position.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

ALL SEOAL

LEAGUE STANDING AND HOW MANY ALL LEAGUE SELECTIONS

LOGAN 5-0...........(8 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENTION)
IRONTON 5-1 ........(6 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENITON)
PORTSMOUTH 4-2 ..(3 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENTION)
JACKSON 4-2 ........(2 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENTION)
WARREN 2-3.........(4 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENITON)
GALLIA 2-3...........(3 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENITON)
CHILLY 0-6............(2 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENITON)
MARIETTA 0-5........(1 1ST TEAM, 2 HONORABLE MENITON)

It seems to me that Logan and Ironton were rewarded for their finish as they should and deserved. Portsmouth and Jackson did not get rewarded for their finish as team below them had as many or more selections. And Warren, Gallia, and Chilly were over rewarded for their finish. Now I see where Jackson and Portsmouth have a bit of a grip on the league selections and I'm not from either place. Congrats to all of the young men that made the team and good luck in the future for the seniors.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

The coaches vote on this and you cant vote for your own players.So congradulatons Dingess, Allison and Gravely, the opposing coaches said you deserve it!

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Also Wilson and Gorden.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Brennan Howard not making first team is a crock and flat out BS!!!!!!!! No disrespect to our other lineman, but Brennan was our dominate lineman and went both ways.........sorry champ.........you didn't get the award you deserved! In my eyes and alot of others, we know you were the anchor.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

How did Jason James not make it?????????

Return to “Football”