WK6 (2-3) Northwest @ (4-1) Valley SOC2

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Total votes: 0

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

WK6 (2-3) Northwest @ (4-1) Valley SOC2

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Conference opener for both teams. Valley has to feel pretty good about their season and feel they have a shot at the SOC-II title. Northwest needs a conference win somewhere in the next five weeks to build up this program. Looking forward to making the trip over to Lucasville! Great place to enjoy a high school football game. Good Luck Mohawks! GO MOHAWKS!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Week 6 Northwest @ Valley

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Valley in this one and no way does Valley have a shot at the conference title!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:Valley in this one and no way does Valley have a shot at the conference title!

Valley may not win the SOC2, but they will beat West.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Man! The SCATHING arrogance of some of the West fans on here absolutely amazes me. As if West has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Wheelersburg or winning the conference if Valley doesn't.
Any time anyone on here even mentions someone besides West beating Wheelersburg or winning the title, you guys just have to show up and "correct" them. THIS ISN'T LAST YEAR.
West has beaten MAYBE one decent team all year in Fairland. That's it. Valley has just as much of a chance as West does. I know that stings some egos, but it's true.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:Valley in this one and no way does Valley have a shot at the conference title!

Those are some bold words there chicken_coop! :12223

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

West will be lucky to beat Waverly this week. Valley will finish the season strong and yes, they will show up and win the West game.

As for this game, I hope both teams come away without injuries and continue to improve. But, I hope to see Valley win.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Once again I never said West is going to win the SOC2 championship. I beat you that they beat Valley though!

Stump353
Waterboy

Post by Stump353 »

I want to see Valley play some tough teams. South Point, Peake, Rock Hill, Huntington Ross!!! Come on now Valley. I think Valley will lose to BURG, WEST, and it's a toss up against Waverly and MINFORD because you never know which Minford tea will come to play. I do not see them beating west because Pendleton and Murphy are too much for Valley. Burg's SPEED will kill Valley and I am curious to see Valley's secondary against Waverly.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Trivium5 wrote:

Those are some bold words there chicken_coop! :12223

No it isnt...I've seen both teams play in person more than once. Valley is too fast for West..and I think they will win.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Valley win take this contest

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

Valley rolls in their final tune-up before the very difficult home stretch for them of SOC II games. They finish at Waverly, vs West, at Wheelersburg and at Minford. Very tough stretch of games to close out the season...especially with three of the four on the road.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I believe Northwest might be a little bigger overall and they have some decent backs but Valley is more athletic with more scoring options and is probably playing with much more confidence at this point.If Northwest is going to win they will have to really hit hard and contain Valley's QB's. Overall, I would call Valley about a 2-3 score favorite.

sider
All Conference

Re: WK6 (2-3) Northwest @ (4-1) Valley SOC2

Post by sider »

The way West has played at some points this season it makes wonder if they could beat Northwest, let alone a Valley team that is probably 2-3 scores better than Nw. West is in no state right now to be guarenteeing wins...and I understand why people hasn't given us must respect this year, so far their has been a lot of hype, and nothing to back it up, I thought they would be a good team, however I didn't think they were anywhere near last years as, they are young they have good games and bad...West just needs to make a statement against a tough Waverly, I think they will...but its not impossible for West to lose to Valley, it happened in 07, with another young team. I do think can beat them the verdict is out on whether we'll win

Anyway enough about West, I was just trying to clear the air. Valley is very athletic, and might have the best skill positions in all of the Soc...just too many athletes for Northwest to contend with. I do think this will be a close game though, I'm very happy to see Northweset compete in every game this year, they need that maybe they can get this turned around...Valley 28 Nw 7

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Valley 28-0

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Stump353 wrote:I want to see Valley play some tough teams. South Point, Peake, Rock Hill, Huntington Ross!!! Come on now Valley. I think Valley will lose to BURG, WEST, and it's a toss up against Waverly and MINFORD because you never know which Minford tea will come to play. I do not see them beating west because Pendleton and Murphy are too much for Valley. Burg's SPEED will kill Valley and I am curious to see Valley's secondary against Waverly.

What in the hell do people want teams to do? South Point beat Valley and Burg last season and until this year they had been a solid team from the OVC. When Rock Hill was put on the schedule they were coming off a 8-2 season and were a playoff team... Chesapeake had been a consistent winner and made some playoff appearances... No Huntington hasn't played well and isn't a good team. You can't predict the future.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

chicken_coop wrote:

Valley may not win the SOC2, but they will beat West.

Chicken_coop,

I totally agree with that statement. I have no doubt that Valley will beat West. Valley has a darn good team this year.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

hey CHICKEN coop its not "they may not win the SOC2" its they will not win the SOC2 Daburg will do that but it is possible for 2 or 3 SOC teams to make the playoffs

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

I hope the Mohawks will win this one they have the abilty to, so if they work hard they can win this game. Valley is a tough team. GO MOHAWKS!!!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

crab_apple4 wrote:
Stump353 wrote:I want to see Valley play some tough teams. South Point, Peake, Rock Hill, Huntington Ross!!! Come on now Valley. I think Valley will lose to BURG, WEST, and it's a toss up against Waverly and MINFORD because you never know which Minford tea will come to play. I do not see them beating west because Pendleton and Murphy are too much for Valley. Burg's SPEED will kill Valley and I am curious to see Valley's secondary against Waverly.

What in the hell do people want teams to do? South Point beat Valley and Burg last season and until this year they had been a solid team from the OVC. When Rock Hill was put on the schedule they were coming off a 8-2 season and were a playoff team... Chesapeake had been a consistent winner and made some playoff appearances... No Huntington hasn't played well and isn't a good team. You can't predict the future.

South point didn't beat the burg last season.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Was it two seasons ago?

Return to “Football”