WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Post by Mad-Dogg »

lets get some thoughts on this game. the burg is comin into the game on a 4 game win streak with a average of just under 52 points a game the last 4 weeks and a average of 42 points per game overall while givin up just under 15 points per game. the falcons are comin into the game ridin' a 1 game losin streak after what some people might think was a upset loss to oak hill. i'm takin burg by 21

cal preps:

Wheelersburg 35
Minford 19

the series since 2000:

00: Lost 24-14
00: Lost 28-0 (playoffs)
01: Won 21-7
02: Won 43-21
03: Lost 10-0
04: Won 56-7
05: Won 41-0
06: Won 26-0
07: Won 21-15
08: Won 14-7
08: Won 14-7 (playoffs)

burg scoring ave: 23 ppg
minford scoring ave: 11 ppg
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 4-1 @ Minford 4-1

Post by F-4 Phantom »

No one is going to come close to beating the Burg in league play this year. They are by far the team to beat and I would be willing to bet they go unbeaten and do well in the playoffs this year.

This team has vastly improved from the team that beat Minford twice last year in close games. This game may be close for a half but the Burg wins going away.
JMHO

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to go out and have a good week of practice and then go out next Friday and take care of business.

This should be a great game and a big game as far as playoff points go.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I really dont think this one will be close. Could be wrong but I would be surprised if Minford get more than 14 points

Burg 35
Minford 10

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Its Minford at Minford. Close till half, who knows after that.

Adjustments.

burggrad_00
Waterboy

Post by burggrad_00 »

BURG!! I say a kinda close game, but who knows! Cant wait till next Fri.

BURG has been playing great! O and D!

Good luck to both teams on a injury free game tho!

We are...The BURG!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford has two things going for them. One they are at home, and two, after that last 3 games being so close and winnable they should be over the "burg phobia" that has seemed to haunt them. The Falcons need this win in the worst way to stay alive in the playoff hosting quest. To be honest I saw wheelersburg play VASJ and wasn't that impressed, if Minford plays mistake free ball to the best of their ability they can win. If they play like they did tonight against oak hill they will get blown off the field. It's not burg week this time, it's gut check week.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

To be honest I saw wheelersburg play VASJ and wasn't that impressed,
We started the second team :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Wheelersburg will pull away gradually and win by 3 TDs.
Minford could conceivably lose more than just this game in SOCII play; Valley's a darn good ball team.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I read up on VASJ from week 1 knowing this was a make or break for burg and playoffs, then especially after losing to Ironton. VASJ played a buzzsaw in Mentor and then defeated a D2 and D1 team. For a D5 team to compete in any way vs a D1 school, and win, is incredible. Then they come to Burg and Burgs rush defense shut them down early. VASJ reverted to a consistent passing attack that was very good. Looked like Westfall in their heyday a few yrs ago, with a lil sprinkle of Waverly also from a few yrs ago. The QB was amazing. Strong arm, great field vision. He checked off receivers and found the open man. He could run out of trouble also. Then Burgs D got dialed in and took care of Business. We got to him and made him pay. I was totally impressed by Burg in that game in all assets. Burg continued that play vs RH tonight. All the kids are pumped! Should be another great game between Burg and Minford.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Depends on what Minford team shows up, team from tonight shows up and burg could win easily, if the Minford team from coal grove week shows up then this will be a good game that goes down to the wire. Hoping that Minford comes back this week and proves that the hype is for real.

Minford-21
Burg-14

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I dont think Coal grove that good after lettin GC hang 22 on them and ND almost beating GC.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

And I dont think that Burg is so far and beyond in talent compared to the rest of the conference, like may of their fans put off, but thats my opinon. CG is a pretty good team so what if they had one game where they didnt play to their best, every team has those games, except for burg though right?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Not saying anything. Just said I dont think CG that good based on tonights game. And what team is Minford supposed to show up with?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Right now burg looks like a big favorite. I think it will be a descent game. They had some good games last year. Both teams return alot of players. I look for burg to win. But the game will be close and undecited in the 4th quarter IMO.

Two questions I ask is:
1. Is the burg peaking too early? I thought West peaked in the minford game last year and never really played again like they did that night.

2. How will burg react if late in the game it is still close. They have alot of good players, but no clear cut studd. Will identities clash. If the offense has been stagnet, will the which QB should play or RB should run cause problems. Sometimes you can have too many I's and not enough balls to go around.

I know what I would do. Burg has alot of skilled players. A couple of the recievers are big (Stegmen). But can they handle press coverage and can Lang or Shankweiler throw the ball well. I would load the box and make them pass the ball under pressure. I wouldn't sit back and let them run the ball down my throat.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Wow great matchup I think Minford will have a slight edge because there on the home field.... But Da Burg I feel is a better team .... Da Burg 28 Minford 21 in a battle

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

demaniac1 wrote:I dont think Coal grove that good after lettin GC hang 22 on them and ND almost beating GC.

demaniac,

The game between the Grove and GC would have been much uglier without the transfer, Rashad Carter, from Ashland. He didn't play against ND. Believe me, Greenup has one heck of a weapon with that guy. He was Ashland's star back and this is only his second game on GC's team.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i think it will be close game. minford has a good ball club. (cg varsity gave up 14 jv's were in on the last score 36-22)

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

siderman wrote:Right now burg looks like a big favorite. I think it will be a descent game. They had some good games last year. Both teams return alot of players. I look for burg to win. But the game will be close and undecited in the 4th quarter IMO.

Two questions I ask is:
1. Is the burg peaking too early? I thought West peaked in the minford game last year and never really played again like they did that night.

2. How will burg react if late in the game it is still close. They have alot of good players, but no clear cut studd. Will identities clash. If the offense has been stagnet, will the which QB should play or RB should run cause problems. Sometimes you can have too many I's and not enough balls to go around.

I know what I would do. Burg has alot of skilled players. A couple of the recievers are big (Stegmen). But can they handle press coverage and can Lang or Shankweiler throw the ball well. I would load the box and make them pass the ball under pressure. I wouldn't sit back and let them run the ball down my throat.

#1 Nope

#2 VASJ proved Burg can play the game! Stud= Lang, Shank, Oline, Defense!! Shank vs lang is gone, kids are playing as a team!! LOL!!

#3 Teach it to the kids at west. RH almost hung an L on west and Burg showed how good those skilled players are when a TEAM plays like they should!!

Balls come into play after football!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

demaniac1 wrote:
siderman wrote:Right now burg looks like a big favorite. I think it will be a descent game. They had some good games last year. Both teams return alot of players. I look for burg to win. But the game will be close and undecited in the 4th quarter IMO.

Two questions I ask is:

#1 Nope

#2 VASJ proved Burg can play the game! Stud= Lang, Shank, Oline, Defense!! Shank vs lang is gone, kids are playing as a team!! LOL!!

#3 Teach it to the kids at west. RH almost hung an L on west and Burg showed how good those skilled players are when a TEAM plays like they should!!

Balls come into play after football!!

1. Possible

2. Ironton proved their very beatable

3. West is coming around. Their young and trying to jell. Burg is following West around the schedule with Portsmouth and RH taking advantage of their leftovers. West beats them to death, like Portsmouth the week before. Several Portsmouth players were injured I understand.

Didn't you say before that your kids go to West? If so, do you teach it to them?

Return to “Football”