WAIS Football Show

buckeye_nut
Waterboy

WAIS Football Show

Post by buckeye_nut »

IMO Rusty hates the Buckeyes.....Its always great to hear him talk on the radio after a Buckeye win. The "yea buts" and the "ifs" that he always talks about with us doesnt make any sense. Just one night I would like to hear him say that the Buckeyes are a good team. All we hear is they won BUT...........anyone else feel this way?

buckfan84
All Conference

Re: WAIS Football Show

Post by buckfan84 »

I listened for a while and I didn't get that impression but I was reading preps too. I heard him saying ny was the real deal but he is from the town whose name must not be spoken.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I've talked to him several times and he has nothing but respect for N-Y from what I can gather. I think he tries really hard to promote all of the Athens Co. football but he does show his Glouster roots from time to time. lol...

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Martin's from Trimble? I thought he was a NY homer as I listened. Give me a break--the guy runs a great show and promotes ALL local kids--Why would I care if he roots for one team more than others (who doesn't)---I have never heard him make a negative comment about a kid, coach, or program that wasn't tongue in cheek.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rusty Martin shows nothing but respect for all 5 Athens county schools.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

nobody does a better job then the guru did :-D god bless you guru... A great man

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I know rusty.IM 100 percent BUCKEYE...No way is he bias..he calls em like he see them..if you take the time to talk to him..He will try to give you his honest thoughts..IF you listened..friday night the athens caller tried to get rusty to say athens would beat NY rusty said the BUCKEYES would be the favorite..just my thought..GO BUCKS..HE NEEDS TO GIVE MORE UPDATED SCORES...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

buckeyeguy wrote:nobody does a better job then the guru did :-D god bless you guru... A great man
Let's reprase that for accuracy:

"Nobody does a better job than the guru did in butchering the English language and talking incomprehensibly on the radio"

Nothing beats listening to a guy talk like he's got a mouth full of marbles (or chaw for that matter) on the radio at 10 O'clock at night....... :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yea........

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

The GURU would have at least walked around the fence at Athens and not cried to everyone about a special gate!!!!!!!!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Steely Dan wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:nobody does a better job then the guru did :-D god bless you guru... A great man

"Nobody does a better job than the guru did in butchering the English language and talking incomprehensibly on the radio"

Nothing beats listening to a guy talk like he's got a mouth full of marbles (or chaw for that matter) on the radio at 10 O'clock at night....... :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yea........
Chris Wharf on WJAW 100.9 ESPN radio is very similar, his tone and pace of delivery are nearly unbearable when listening to his play by play.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

BIGHITSINC wrote:The GURU would have at least walked around the fence at Athens and not cried to everyone about a special gate!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, it's a long way around the fence and I know because I walked it that night. lol..

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

More football! ------ Less Tailgate updates and Trivia....

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

MORE SCORE UPDATES...Stats...

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Im tired of hearing about the 1980 trimble team that beat ny, and the tailgate cookoff. Other than that he's doing a pretty good job. He will never be as good as the guru was though.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Steely Dan wrote:

Right on. Some of those school names that were butchered were funny though.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

buckfan84 wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:

Right on. Some of those school names that were butchered were funny though.
Unionoto and Burn Onion ?

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I absolutly loved listening to the GURU!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I can say now is,,,,,, it's better than nothing...........

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

What else would you talk about half looped. Do you guys think the tailgates are alcohol free? Thats why they are so excited about them. Listen to the guys that call in and report back. No all but most are crocked. Last year he talked about hot apple pie for a whole show. Do you really think they are talking about pie. Its not a sports show. the reporters should get stats, highlights. But we get to hear about buba's famous potato jojo's. My advice is listen to the scores then turn it off. Until they get a legit sports show on there.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

How can he get stats if he can't get to the game because he can't walk around the fence!!!!!!
I just listen for the scores and use it as a filler until Gridiron Glory comes on,, then I am done with it.......

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

What an outstanding service to high school football

Return to “Football”