=THE TVC POWER POLL= (WEEK X) = (UPDATED WITH SEASON AWARDS)

questionmark
All Conference

=THE TVC POWER POLL= (WEEK X) = (UPDATED WITH SEASON AWARDS)

Post by questionmark »

=THE TVC POWER POLL (Week X)=

THE 2009 SEASON IS COMPLETE AND IT WAS A GOOD ONE!!!

THE TVC POWER POLL (Week X)

THE FINAL POWER POLL OF THE SEASON

1.)The ATHENS BULLDOGS (9-1)
2009 TVC-OHIO (CO)-CHAMPIONS

-defeated GALIA @ Memorial Field (21-0)
-defeated FED.HOCK @ Fed. Hock (47-7)
-defeated BLOOM CARROL @ Home (41-14)
-defeated MEIGS @ Home (56-18)
-defeated VINTON COUNTY @ VC (42-0)
-defeated ALEXANDER @ Home (33-7)
-defeated WELLSTON @ Wellston (26-0)
-defeated by NELSONVILLE-YORK (14-13)
-defeated BELPRE @ Home (35-0)
-defeated WAHAMA @ Wahama (36-20)
------------------------------------------------------
-Ranking This Week (1)
-Ranking Last Week (1)
-Difference (-)
-FINAL Region Rank (12th, DII, Region 7)
-FINAL Region Rank – (16.8793)

The 2009 Athens Bulldogs finish the season with an impressive (9-1) record. They also finish with a share of the TVC-Ohio Football Championship, which is their 1st since joining the league in 2008. Athens will get a good chunck of players on the All-TVC Team by finishing in first place. For the Bulldogs, next season will be interesting. They lose some key seniors, which a majority of them were on the offensive and defensive lines, and also a player in Shad McCollum who did everything for the Dogs from catching balls to returning them. The questions will be can Athens reload, and can they repeat? Athens will be facing a much tougher non-league schedule with the Additions of Chillicothe, Parkersburg-South and Warren. Again, awesome job this season to Athens Coaching staff, the Seniors, and all the underclassman. Great season!

2.)The ALEXANDER SPARTANS (8-2)
2009 DIVISION 5 PLAY-OFF BERTH

-defeated EASTERN @ Eastern (35-21)
-defeated TRIMBLE @ Home (35-32)
-defeated UNIOTO @ Home (55-15)
-defeated BELPRE @ Belpre (35-28)
-defeated FEDERAL HOCKING @ Home (52-27)
-defeated by ATHENS @ Athens (33-7)
-defeated NELSONVILLE-YORK @ Home (21-0)
-defeated by MEIGS (33-28)
-defeated VINTON COUNTY (42-12)
-defeated WELLSTON (21-13)
-Ranking This Week (2)
-Ranking Last Week (2)
-Difference (-)
-Current Region Rank (8th, DIV, Region 15)
-Current Region Rank (14.9000)

The 2009 Alexander Spartans are having the best season in school history. The season highlights include a season of first. This season was the first time they ever defeated the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes, and will be the first time the team ever plays in a Play-Off Game. The Spartans head into the Play-Offs with an (8-2) record, one of the best finishes ever for the school. Coach Arno and staff have done a phenomenal job this season for the Spartans Football Team...

3.) The NELSONVILLE-YORK BUCKEYES (8-2)
2009 TVC-OHIO (CO) CHAMPIONS

-defeated TRIMBLE @ Gloucster Stadium (7-6)
-defeated PIKETON @ Home (21-7)
-defeated BERNE UNION @ Home (21-20)
-defeated WELLSTON @ Home (35-6)
-defeated MEIGS @ Meigs (28-20)
-defeated BELPRE @ Belpre (49-6)
-defeated BY ALEXANDER @ Alex (21-0)
-defeated ATHENS (14-13)
-defeated by IRONTON (32-12)
-defeated VINTON COUNTY (32-6)
-Ranking This Week (3)
-Ranking Last Week (3)
-Difference (-)
-FINAL Region Rank (9th, DV, Region 19)
-FINAL Region Rank (16.7500)

The 2009 Nelsonville-York Buckeyes finish the season with an (8-2) record. By doing that, they earned themselves a share of the TVC-Ohio Football Championship. The season however came to an end many fans didn't want to see as the Buckeyes will not be invited to play in the post season. Derek Arnold will be a huge set of legs to replace for the Buckeyes. With a young core, the Buckeyes should be right their in the fight again next season for the Ohio Crown and a Play-Off berth. Coach Boston and Staff did a great job this season along with all the players...

4.)The TRIMBLE TOMCATS (6-4)
2009 TVC-HOCKING CHAMPIONS

-defeated by NELSONVILLE-YORK (7-6)
-defeated by ALEXANDER @ Alexander (35-33)
-defeated BELPRE @ Belpre (52-25)
-defeated by OAK HILL (33-0)
-defeated by FAIRLAND (14-0)
-defeated EASTERN (28-7)
-defeated WATERFORD @ Waterford (50-0)
-defeated FEDERAL HOCKING (31-0)
-defeated SOUTHERN (47-6)
-defeated MILLER (46-13)
-Ranking This Week (4)
-Ranking Last Week (4)
-Difference (-)
-FINAL Region Rank (12th, DVI, Region 23)
-FINAL Region Rank (9.1000)

The 2009 Trimble Tomcats finished with 5 straight victories in rout to their (6-4) finish, and undefeated TVC-Hocking record to capture another Football Championship. Coach Phil Faires did a tremendous job this season by keeping the Tomcats focus on getting that TVC Crown after a (1-4) start that followed with many doubts about the team. The Tomcats early rough patch most likely prevented them from making the postseason this season, but I'm sure after the start they had they'll be content with the TVC-Hocking Championship...

5.) The EASTERN EAGLES (6-4)
-defeated by ALEXANDER (35-21)
-defeated SOUTH GALIA @ South Galia (26-6)
-defeated SCIOTO.COMM @ Home (20-18)
-defeated RIVER VALLEY (41-6)
-defeated by WAHAMA @ Home (26-14)
-defeated by TRIMBLE @ Trimble (28-7)
-defeated by FEDERAL HOCKING @ Eastern (21-6)
-defeated MILLER (35-19)
-defeated WATERFORD (13-6)
-defeated SOUTHERN (21-14)
-Ranking This Week (5)
-Ranking Last Week (5)
-Difference (-)
Current Region Rank (12th, DVI, Region 23)
Current Region Rank (9.2707)

The 2009 Eastern Eagles finished the season strong, and earned themselves a very nice (6-4) record. By doing so, they joined the Trimble Tomcats as the only two Hocking Teams with winning records and actually finished higher in the Region Ranking then their foes the Tomcats by one spot. The Eagles will see if this years strong finish can carry over to next season...

6.) The MEIGS MAURADERS (5-5)
-defeated by COAL GROVE (44-42)
-defeated by FAIRLAND (34-27)
-defeated RIVER VALLEY @ Home (39-7)
-defeated by ATHENS @ Athens (56-18)
-defeated by NELSONVILLE-YORK @ Home (28-20)
-defeated by WARREN @ Warren (27-26)
-defeated VINTON COUNTY @ Home (41-16)
-defeated ALEXANDER (33-28)
-defeated WELLSTON (18-14)
-defeated BELPRE (41-0)
-Ranking This Week (6)
-Ranking Last Week (5)
-Difference (-1)
Current Region Rank (17th, DIV, Region 15)[Mathematically Eliminated]
Current Region Rank (7.6000)

The 2009 Meigs Mauraders were a tail of two different clubs. The club that started the season (1-5), and then the club that finished (4-0) which included all league wins and the big win over Alexander that knocked them out of the running for the TVC-Ohio Football Crown. Coach Chauncey and staff do a good job in Pomeroy, and they have their boys playing good football. Let's see if it can carry over into next season...

7.) The SOUTHERN TORNADOES (5-5)
-defeated by SYMMES VALLEY @ SV(26-6)
-defeated by WAHAMA @ Home (42-12)
-defeated SOUTH GALLIA @ SG (28-6)
-defeated HANNAN (40-14)
-defeated GREEN (26-14)
-defeated FEDERAL HOCKING @ Fed. Hock (34-28)
-defeated by MILLER @ Miller (30-24)
-defeated WATERFORD (16-13)
-defeated by TRIMBLE (47-6)
-defeated by EASTERN (21-14)
----------------------------------------------------
-Ranking This Week (7)
-Ranking Last Week (7)
-Difference (-)
-FINAL Region Rank (15th, DVI, Region 23)[Mathematically Eliminated]
-FINAL Region Rank (5.8306)

The 2009 Southern Tornadoes were right in the mix of things all season long. They finished (5-5), but were fighting for a share of the Hocking Crown in Week Nine. After that loss, they simply had one last game to send their Seniors out on and it was a good one with Eastern. The Tornadoes 4-game winning streak in the middle of the season had every Southern fan pumped and excited. Southern finished at .500, which made them join Trimble and Eastern as the only Hocking Teams not to have losing records...

8. )THE FEDERAL HOCKING LANCERS (3-7)
-defeated by MONROE CENTRAL (49-0)
-defeated by ATHENS (47-7)
-defeated by FORT FRYE (20-18)
-defeated by SHENANDOAH (27-14)
-defeated by ALEXANDER (52-27)
-defeated by SOUTHERN (34-28)
-defeated EASTERN (21-6)
-defeated by TRIMBLE (31-0)
-defeated MILLER (44-12)
-defeated WATERFORD (27-14)
Ranking Last Week: (10)
Ranking This Week: (8)
Difference (+2)
-FINAL Region Rank: (19st,DV, Region 19)[Mathematically Eliminated]
-FINAL Region Rank (4.7500)

The 2009 Federal Hocking Lancers experienced the Gauntlet of a schedule to start off their season. However, after starting (0-6), they finished (3-1) with their only loss late to a Trimble team that was earning another Championship. The Lancers won their 3 games with each win being by 2 Td's each. We will see if Federal Hocking can keep this kind of play come next season...

9.)The WATERFORD WILDCATS (3-7)
-defeated SOUTH GALIA (22-6)
-defeated by FRONTEIR (18-7)
-defeated by WAHAMA (31-0)
-defeated by FORT FRYE (35-6)
-defeated RIVER VALLEY (26-6)
-defeated MILLER (15-10)
-defeated by TRIMBLE (50-0)
-defeated by SOUTHERN (16-13)
-defeated by EASTERN (13-6)
-defeated by FEDERAL HOCKING (27-14)
-Ranking This Week (9)
-Ranking Last Week (9)
-Difference (-)
-FINAL Region Rank (19th, DVI, Region 23)[Mathematically Eliminated]
-FINAL Region Rank (3.3217)

The 2009 Waterford Wildcats wish they could replay those last 4 games of the season. At one point, the Wildcats were (3-3), right in the thick of things, but a late season filled with short comings left them with a (3-7) overall record. Lets see how the offseason effects these Wildcats...

10.) The WELLSTON GOLDEN ROCKETS (3-7)
-defeated by JACKSON (21-7)
-defeated by MINFORD (27-20)
-defeated by WAVERLY (26-21) @ Home
-defeated by NELSONVILLE-YORK (35-6)
-defeated BELPRE (54-33)
-defeated VINTON COUNTY @ VC (33-22)
-defeated by ATHENS @ Home (26-0)
-defeated FAIRFIELD CHRISTIAN (41-12)
-defeated by MEIGS (18-14)
-defeated by ALEXANDER (21-13)
-Ranking This Week (10)
-Ranking Last week (8)
-Difference (-2)
-FINAL Region Rank (25th, DIV, Region 15)[Mathematically Eliminated]
-FINAL Region Rank (1.6582)

The 2009 Wellston Golden Rockets looked to have turned around their early season struggles after 4 straight losses, followed by 2 wins. However, only one more win would come and the Golden Rockets would find their season finishing up with a (3-7) record.

================THE CUTT========================
11.) The MILLER FALCONS (2-8)
Current Region Rank (17th, DVI, Region 23)[Mathematically Eliminated]
Current Region Rank (4.2500)

12.) The VINTON COUNTY VIKINGS (1-9)
Current Region Rank (30th, DIII, Region 12)[Mathematically Eliminated]
Current Region Rank (0.4000)

13.) The BELPRE GOLDEN EAGLES (0-10)
Current Region Rank (29th, DV, Region 19)[Mathematically Eliminated]
Current Region Rank (0.0000)

Top Ten teams make the poll...
Points Scored/Allowed, Road/Home Wins all factor into poll as well as the opponent's record...
***This Poll is officially just an opinion and is for entertainment purposes. Do not attack the poll, or what people may say as a result of the poll. It is ok to feel differently, but remember this is all in good fun***
Last edited by questionmark on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 am, edited 34 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: =THE TVC POWER POLL= (Week I) =

Post by Orange and Brown »

Hey thats not bad!!! Keep it up. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

good idea... some questionable picks IMO

Some of the teams who lost to good teams, shouldnt they be ahead of the teams who hardly beat weak opponents. Example, waterford over SG by 2 tds gest the 4 spot. When wellston lost to JACKSON by 2 tds and gets 9th

i dont know the system you used but i was just wondering if opponent strength came into play?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston should be above Waterford and Muller at the very least. Just by the team we played.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

The poll will level itself out by the end of the year. The weak will make their way to the bottom and the strong will come through. It's only week 1, just give it some time

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I would say if you don't like it make your own!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nice poll.

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

if ny wins and athens does too.who should be at 1.ny cause they had better oppont.or athens who would be 2-0 for the first time in a long time?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

These are some of the things I have tried to look at to make this as fair and FUN! for everyone...
- Did the team WIN at Home (which is easier) or on the Road (Tough to do)...
- What was the score of the game, points for the team/points allowed...
- Opponents record before contest (ex. Team A beats Team B whose record is (5-0), that should improve their standings)...

Fat Tony-
Athens (1-0) visits Fed. Hock (0-1) , a win on the road will get them some points of improvement, but Fed. Hocks record of (0-1) factors is less then say if they were (5-0) at this point... This Poll, which is my 1st attempt at this should begin to unravel itself as the season unfolds like many have said on here already ... I will also look into what people are saying and reading comments that may turn out to explain a good reason for moving a certain team to a spot and dropping a team to a spot...

Winless Team's Question-
I've seen polls where a winless team is ranked over a team win a victory. I know that the opponent may be very different but I view a WIN as a WIN...So after Week I no winless team should be higher than a team who WON...however, let the season unfold and the Poll should reflect records the best it can...everyone argues that this opponent is stronger then that opponent, but as of Week I and on Paper, that opponent is only (1-0), very different then if your team lost to a (5-0) or (4-1) type team...Team strength will come into play around Week III as records begin to form...

FUN!-
I know that many parents get on here and adults get on here and this can be fun for them. But this is truly for the kids and their entertainment. I will try to keep this as unbias as possible as I am an Athens Alum from '04 and currently a Coach at the High School (non-football at this time)...Its for the kids, so try not to bash and degrade teams/players for a reason you think the Poll is wrong. Simply comment in a adult manner and I will look into your suggestion. I am not to prideful to listen to an arguement from someone that turns out to explain itself quite well...Again, this is for FUN and should remain fun for all involved ...

Team Supporters-
I would actually love to here supporters argue why their team should make a move in the polls after a contest kinda like the BCS (which is horrible by the way) . Make a case after your team has earned a great road win or something like that and let's see who agrees...

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

thank you

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

OK NELSONVILLE YORK DEF TRIMBLE WHO WENT TWO ROUNDS IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND ATHENS BEAT A GALLIA TEAM THAT FINISHED AT OR NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE SEOAL. SORRY FOR GOT ABOUT THE CAPS.Im just wondering about how that would rank athens higher.Not saying NY should be at the TOP YET. :mrgreen:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

NY BUCKS wrote:OK NELSONVILLE YORK DEF TRIMBLE WHO WENT TWO ROUNDS IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND ATHENS BEAT A GALLIA TEAM THAT FINISHED AT OR NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE SEOAL. SORRY FOR GOT ABOUT THE CAPS.Im just wondering about how that would rank athens higher.Not saying NY should be at the TOP YET. :mrgreen:

Well first off i think this is great but i do have to agree with ny bucks.He left out one part how hard it is to come in to Trimble and a get a win.The bucks showed the ability to never give up and play when the going got tuff with a last minute win.My vote would be for them to be number one,but i guess it will work itself out.

goodluck to all the tvc teams this year

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

That is a good poll,of coarse week 1 will be deceiving and the rankings will get more accurate as the year goes on and i know this poll takes time, thanks!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

NY BUCKS -

Valid Argument...

Athens & NY both won to get to (1-0) both defeating an opponent with identical records...
Athens & NY both went on the Road and earned the 'W's ...

Where Athens gets the slight Week I edge (remember it is only Week I) is they Shut-Out their Opponent, and Scored 21 while NY gave up 6 while recording 7. Both Wins, both in very hostile areas to play, but as of Week I, the Athens Shut-Out has them in the #1 Spot ...

Let's see what happens with Week II action and see how this Poll begins to unravel ...

(Also remember this Poll is based on Teams this year, what they did last year will not reflect as these teams are not last years teams. As teams you beat begin to earn wins, that begins to adjust your (vs. Opponent Difficulty) just like the Play-Off System works.)

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Fair answer. :mrgreen:

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

As the 'MASTER OF POLLPETS' I'm pulling the strings...

Sorry, had a control freak moment there. I want to see who thinks (who) will make the most noise in the Polls this Week...

Will Federal Hocking, Belpre or Southern make their way onto the Polls this week?
Will Athens hold the #1 spot for this Week?
Can the (1-0) Teams get that 2nd Victory and keep themselves High?
Can the (0-1) Teams get that 1st Victory after a heartbreaking loss in Week I?
Who, will make the 'Jump'?

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Moving on up to the TOP^^^^^^^^^^^^^GO BUCKEYES

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Well after week two Athens and Ny are the class of Athens county. Trimble is out of shape, not very tough, and are not what they used to be. My Lancers are getting beat up, and its not going to get easier for them. Alex is better but I do not think they will beat Athens or NY. I have not got to see much of the Ohio teams play, but based on scores this poll is going to be decided in Athens county this year. Hopefully my Lancers can overcome this tough schedule and make some noise in the Hocking division of the TVC. Based on who we have played we should overcome VC in this weeks polls, but its not exactly like our games have been close so I could see why they would be ahead of us. I just do not think they have played the comp. we have.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Good luck ranking the teams this week!!!!!!

questionmark
All Conference

Re: =THE TVC POWER POLL= (WEEK II) =

Post by questionmark »

TOP 3 are EASY to see right now with Athens, NY and ALEX being undefeated and playing good ball. Top 3 spots could argue that their respected team should be in a certain spot and they'd have a good arguement. After that, it was hard to rank the teams this Week.

Enjoy the Poll, Week III is Here Already ...

Return to “Football”