Week 6 : Portsmouth (1-4) @ Jackson (5-0)

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Week 6 : Portsmouth (1-4) @ Jackson (5-0)

Post by ironmen85 »

Thoughts?

noles_fan
S

Re: Week 6 : Portsmouth (1-4) @ Jackson (5-0)

Post by noles_fan »

I hope Portsmouth enjoyed friday because it won't happen this week. Jackson wins this one easy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

About 3 years ago Portsmouth defeated Jackson in basketball by 37 points....4 weeks later the Ironmen defeated the Trojans.....no one saw it coming except for a few Ironmen coaches and players. Different sport...yes. Apples to oranges....yes. Are high school kids able to pull off such upsets with proper execution, motivation and fortune on the right night....yep.

Jackson needs to keep improving one game at a time and keep winning. Playoff teams and league champions don't overlook anyone.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Glad the Ironmen finally get to return to Alumni Stadium after three straight weeks on the road. Portsmouth got their first win against Chillicothe, so I'm sure that will provide a nice confidence boost for them. They have some great athletes, and they like to throw the football, so that could certainly pose some problems if Jackson isn't fundamentally sound on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully Jackson can contain Jordan and the passing game, get their own running game rolling again, and take another step toward defending their SEOAL championship.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jackson will have way too much for Portsmouth.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson in this one with the running game.
Thinking Jordan will have troubles in the passing game

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

FIDO, get a clue! Coach Clifford has been doing this a long time. Just because your little Johnny wasn't good enough or tough enough, don't make excuses! I've known hundreds of kids from PHS who had nothing and came from no where who were great players and contributed.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Great win Trojans against our old buddies from Chilli. Now keep it up against Jackson. Fido and Tobias thank you for your input. The Trojans will survive, if not this year, maybe next. I have posted my opioions (spl) and that is history,,what is important now that the Trojans have tasted blood they need to keep it going..I have been requested not to use my trademark clock post, and I will honor that, but as you guys so well posted- wake up..GO TROJANS

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Jackson scores 35 or more once again!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Looking at the Trojans remaining shedule, this game in red is the only only one I can see them having legit shot at winning. Logan is a possibility as well. Since the Burg beat them I would love nothing more than to see them win out since we really need the 2nd level points but I honestly don't see more then one more win.

9/30 A Jackson (4-0) [3:12]
10/8 H Cincinnati College Prep (0-3) [6:0]
10/14 H Gallia Academy (3-1) [3:12]
10/21 A Logan (0-4) [2:7]
10/28 A Ironton (3-1) [4:15]

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I hope everyone remembers to get their purple Portsmouth/Jackson shirts for the game friday. All proceeds go to both the somc and holzer's hospice. Both schools are selling them. I would have never made it through the last few months of Roger's life without the help and care of hospice. I'm hoping for a safe game, visiting with my Portsmouth friends, and another Ironmen win.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Go big red!!!!! ROLL BIG D ROLL

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

Jackson wins by 28 in this one......Ptown has alot of work to do and jackson is to solid for them..

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I think this game is going to get ugly quick

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Jackson names the score.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

23 turnovers in 5 games have kept the Trojans from being a 4-1 or 3-2 team........they have played some decent football on both sides of the scrimmage line. PHS has some athletes who can make plays.

Coming off their first win, especially over arch-rival Chillicothe, has to make our kids feel a lot better about themselves coming into Alumni Stadium. Our emotional state should definitely be on the positive side.

Jackson goes into this game as the heavy favorite, but if.......and a BIG if it is........ the Trojans can play turnover-free and minimize penalties, they could be right in this game with a chance to win.

Anything less than Portsmouth's best game of the year and the Ironmen will roll to their 6th win of the season.

GO TROJANS!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

The bad thing is that the Ironmen have forced several turnovers their first 5 games and if Portsmouth is already averaging over 4 per game it could get ugly. I still think that if it's a league game which it is you cannot overlook anyone.
Go Red
DEFENSE!!!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ironmen

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

FIDO wrote:Porstmouth is finally going to take the gloves off and play the best 11 on offense and defense, regardless if they are the Seniors or not. The best in practice play......PERIOD!!! No more favoring or catering to a kid becuase he is so n so.........No more playing a hog because he has been here the longest, even though he isn't the best and he is soft....Play the best, regardless of grade and turn them lose!!

LIGHT A FIRE...........LIGHT A FIRE...........LIGHT A FIRE..........LIGHT A FIRE..........OR RESPECTFULLY MOVE ON!!
i read this and thought oh no clifford quit!!!!

ndats
Waterboy

Post by ndats »

trojandave wrote:23 turnovers in 5 games have kept the Trojans from being a 4-1 or 3-2 team........they have played some decent football on both sides of the scrimmage line. PHS has some athletes who can make plays.

Coming off their first win, especially over arch-rival Chillicothe, has to make our kids feel a lot better about themselves coming into Alumni Stadium. Our emotional state should definitely be on the positive side.

Jackson goes into this game as the heavy favorite, but if.......and a BIG if it is........ the Trojans can play turnover-free and minimize penalties, they could be right in this game with a chance to win.

Anything less than Portsmouth's best game of the year and the Ironmen will roll to their 6th win of the season.

GO TROJANS!!!
A turnover free game still cant help the fact they cant tackle

Jackson really,really,really big in this one

Return to “Football”