Why did ND schedule Greenup ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Why did ND schedule Greenup ?

Post by ManitouDan »

just curious --on the surface doesn't sound like a good way for ND to start their schedule --Not a little bigger school but a bememoth compared to ND, would be like scheduling West or Burg size wise. Why was this game agreed to ? Is it a home-home or 1 year ? Sorry if this has already been discussed . MD

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Why did ND schedule Greenup ?

Post by fuzzhead »

IMO it should be a good way to get ready for their SOC schedule. They have nothing to lose. Greenup County probably needs someone to take their frustration out on after getting pummled the way they did against Ashland. They'll probably lose to Russell next week, too. The Muskies could use a win.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Charity is a very important Catholic virtue, you know. :122249

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

as far as size goes greenup county is way bigger than burg or west however GC football is not even close to being as good as burg or west... i think ND should be the favorite in this game

ND 14
GC 13

so you know its great points for ND if they win

GC = 962 enrollment in High School(minus 25% for 9th grade) equals 722 which makes them a large D1 school

if GC wins say 3 games that gives ND 6 first level and 18 second level points
Last edited by SPAMONY on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

dont be shocked if nd wins!!!! greenup is year in year out awful

earp
S

Post by earp »

Judging from Greenups 51-7 loss to Ashland last night it might not be such a missmatch! :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I sure hope my crystal ball is all foggy but I would'nt be surprised to see another 51-7 type score with ND on the short end of things. I'm a GC grad who is now a strong ND supporter but I don't see a team as small as ours being able to stay remotely close. Hopefully I'm wrong. MD

Fuzzy I love your post on here but "what have they got to close" ? I'm afraid any injuries to such a small squad could set ND up for loses that might not be loses if they would'nt get pummeled on week 1 . Not the way to start the season IMO

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

asking a scheduling question on an internet message board about week 2 should'nt interfere with our athlete's preparation for week 1 . You know the folks in charge --why did we schedule a school massively larger than us? As someone stated they equal a large D-1 . Why did we do this ?

(I don't need my loyalty to ND questioned BTW)

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Tobias wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:I'm a GC grad who is now a strong ND supporter...

If you were such a strong ND supporter, then you would know not to talk about Greenup County this week.

This is Marion Catholic week...period!!!!!!!!!

As I've spoken to many of the Greenup County coaches about this, Greenup County is a 3 to 4 TD favorite for the game on 9/4. I know the players on both teams so I should know.

On paper, GCHS is a 20-30 point favorite against ND...

I agree Marion is the task....But GC is NOT a 20 - 30 point favorite over anyone Ashland could have hung a 100 on them last night if they wanted i seriously doubt that GC would finish higher than third in SOC1

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

^^ I agree with your numbers . As far as the D-1 one statement I incorrectly assumed the guy who stated that in this thread was correct.

As far as questioning my lack of respect for the team I really don't get it-- I want what's best for our young men. Period. Do you think me (a fan ) asking a question about week 2 scheduling has any effect on the preparation of our kids for week 1 ? If the answer to that is "yes" we are in for a long year. Best of luck As always Go ND ! MD

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well , as one who's alaways razzin about sizes. nuff said.

i like it, why scrimmage someone you know you can pummel. i think it's smart, and really see what your team has. just as always hope it's injury free.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I would think "the question" should be Why Did Greenup schedule Notre Dame???

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'll be back on 8/30 ! No hard feelings Tobias --I'll be there rooting ND on. MD

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Greenup County will beat ND by at least 3 TDs.
Don't let the Ashland loss fool you. The Tomcats are that good.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Where in God's Green Earth did you come up with that video ?

texas dancer
Riding the Bench

Post by texas dancer »

What is the enrollment at Notre Dame in grades 9 thru 12? I realize this game isnt until Week 2 but since the topic is Why did ND schedule Greenup, Im curious as to the enrollment numbers? Im with Manitou Dan. I hope it is an injury free game, especially if Notre Dame is such a small school.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

In 2008, the enrollment of boys for ND was 36. As for why Greenup scheduled this game I would say so they could get some W's in the win column. As for ND, I think the possible points were enticing but at what cost. Early injuries could change the course of the season. :?
Last edited by sterling on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I attended the Ashland/Greenup game and I was pretty impressed with Ashland. Don't use this game as a gauge by which you make a prediction of the ND/Greenup game. Imho, Greenup will beat Nd quite easily.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Exactly right, TigerMack. . . btw did Ashland kinda get you Tiger fans nervous about the possibility of them breaking the streak this year? They looked pretty darn athletic.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I would kind of lean that direction myself. I think it will be a competitive ballgame.
sportsfan_1959 wrote:I would think "the question" should be Why Did Greenup schedule Notre Dame???

Return to “Football”