Nelsonville-York (7-1) 14; Athens (7-1) 13

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Nelsonville-York (7-1) 14; Athens (7-1) 13

Post by 93Bulldog »

Go ahead and start a new thread for this ball game - it was a doozy ... No reason to go to six pages on the opening one.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Nelsonville-York (7-1) 14; Athens (7-1) 13

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Congrats NY on the win!

Great game too by the Bulldogs! Until we meet again next year in Week 10 at Boston Field!

Can we say top rivalry in the TVC? :122245

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

We need to get a soccer player to kick the ball on game days.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Congrats to the Buckeyes. Huge win!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great win, Bucks!
Man! A couple of upsets in the TVC tonight with NY and Meigs coming out on top.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

AMAZING!! Congrats on the win NY. It isn't like the Bulldogs lost to a bad team. Good luck the rest of the way Bulldogs. More than likely Athens and NY will be co-champs.

To the people that said the TVC-Ohio would regret admitting Athens I am wondering what you think now? I think Athens is a GREAT addition to the TVC and will only make the league better. Would have liked to have seen 3 teams from the Ohio in the playoffs but that looks doubtful now. Good Luck the rest of the way Bulldogs.

Also, it is great to see the excitement back in A-Town. I think you just saw the biggest rivalry in the TVC Ohio solidified after two gut wrenching losses in a row to NY for Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was at the game roaming the sidelines with camera in hand - had the "zoom" on most of the time and can describe just about every big play that took place.

I must say; im a little dissapointed (since ive been a huge Bulldogs fan since about 1985) so im not super happy about the outcome ... But ... I am also an Athens County football fan (and I really like Derek Arnold as a person off the field, he's a great, great kid and I like Coach Boston, he's an awesome guy off the field as well.) ... So congradulations to the Buckeyes, they came out in the second half and made the big plays when they needed to be made ...

For Athens, the wet field may have dampered their game a bit (just like I mentioned in the other thread heading in - which noibody believed when I stated it) ... Trey Harris has not thrown a pick all season, he throws two versus NY tonight, which makes three now versus the Buckeyes in two years that resulted in three NY touchdowns and two wins ... I hate it for Trey cause he's such a competitor and great football player - its just how things go sometimes.

Good luck to the 'Dogs going forward (You still have a piece of the title - as long as ya beat Belpre - for all your hard work you've put in all year) so don't let one Friday night ruin your season.

To the Buckeyes ... take the victory and run with it this time. Meaning play week 11 like you did tonight and get that playoff victory for Athens County!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Great Job BUCKEYES!!!!!.........
Athens keep your heads up.GREAT GAME !!!

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

great job buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! also i heard a saying coming from the athens side saying "you can't do that" well guess what...... they did!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

Gratz Buckeyes!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

05buckeye wrote:great job buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! also i heard a saying coming from the athens side saying "you can't do that" well guess what...... they did!!!!!!!!!!!!1

do what?

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

WOW! Way to hang in there and get the victory Bucks! Good luck the rest of the way A-town!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

05Buckeye ... You probably only heard from some young Athens fan (possibly even still in high school) saying 'you can't do that' ... Most Athens fans, sorry intelligent Athens fans, knew darn well what could happen to them ... It's only been about 360 + days since Chance Fox did it to us ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

should of thrown the ball to shad after he caught the big pass.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:05Buckeye ... You probably only heard from some young Athens fan (possibly even still in high school) saying 'you can't do that' ... Most Athens fans, sorry intelligent Athens fans, knew darn well what could happen to them ... It's only been about 360 + days since Chance Fox did it to us ...

They were chanting it after a penalty. They picked it up from OU Basketball games. ( Gotta love the OZONE!!!)
The TVC-Ohio Title still comes through Nelsonville-York!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say that this was a great game! A little closer than I would have liked but a win is a win.
Great job Athens, you guys played hard and almost pulled off the upset!!!!
Athens line was really good, but we were able to make some really great adjustments at halftime and that really helped. Athens also wore down in the 4th quarter so that didn't help them either.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Close games are what help propel rivalries to the next level!

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

Just when you think you have the picture figured out... anything can happen with these young kids. Congrats to both teams on a well played game and to NY for not believing everyone that said you couldn't win.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know O & B .. Pull off the upset? After dominating Alex, and then have the Spartans knock off the 'Bucks, kind of made Athens the favorite don't ya think? Usually a scenerio like that, plus an undefeated team at home playing a one-loss team, would definitly qualify a certain team as the favorite.

Vegas automatically gives a home team (+ 3) - then adjusts the odds ... Im guessing with all the aspects of this game (the Alexander factor, the undefeated factor and the home field) would have made the spread around Athens (-7) ...

So possibly NY "DID PULL OFF THE UPSET" and the only thing Athens did was lose ...

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

I was getting play-by-play texts in the 4th while at Meigs--sounds like this was a GREAT TVCO rivalry game!

Congratulations to Nelsonville York on the HUGE win! Good luck at Ironton next week, and vs Vinton County.

Good luck to Athens the rest of the way out against Belpre and Wahama.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't know O & B .. Pull off the upset? After dominating Alex, and then have the Spartans knock off the 'Bucks, kind of made Athens the favorite don't ya think? Usually a scenerio like that, plus an undefeated team at home playing a one-loss team, would definitly qualify a certain team as the favorite.

Vegas automatically gives a home team (+ 3) - then adjusts the odds ... Im guessing with all the aspects of this game (the Alexander factor, the undefeated factor and the home field) would have made the spread around Athens (-7) ...

So possibly NY "DID PULL OFF THE UPSET" and the only thing Athens did was lose ...

No it was the other way around! :122245
When Athens beats NY it's an upset, When Ny beats Athens its well.. Lets not go there!!! Whatever it was it was a great game!!!!!!!! Can't wait for week 10 at Boston Field next year!!!!!!

Return to “Football”