division 6 region 23 playoff projections

kvnchambers
Varsity

division 6 region 23 playoff projections

Post by kvnchambers »

after 5 weeks and projecting next 5 weeks. these are the playoff teams i come off with

1. symmes valley
2. beallsville
3. sciottiville
4. harvest prep
5. bishop rosecranes
6. buckeye central
7. trimble
8. south gallia
9. portsmouth notre dame
if it is true that harvest prep is not eligible then everyone below them would move up one slot. i only said if it is true i had heard about an appeal and all and don't know where that all stands

Rebelcat
All Conference

Re: division 6 region 23 playoff projections

Post by Rebelcat »

Are you assuming SG goes 7-3? Just curious. I felt like 7-3 would get SG in the playoffs is why I am asking.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

sg will be no less than 8-2

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Watch for River to sneak in the back door IF they can beat Rosecrans this week. After the Caldwell victory this team is starting to believe in themselves.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i projected river to be 10 in this. As far as south gallia, i can't remember i think i did have them 7-3 in this projection. i don't have it in front of me right now.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

kvnchambers wrote:i projected river to be 10 in this. As far as south gallia, i can't remember i think i did have them 7-3 in this projection. i don't have it in front of me right now.
What did you have Rivers final record at?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

6-4 had them losing next game then winning last 4 games. there is a lot of teams in here with 3 or 4 wins that will be lucky to win one or two more ball games.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

kvnchambers wrote:6-4 had them losing next game then winning last 4 games. there is a lot of teams in here with 3 or 4 wins that will be lucky to win one or two more ball games.
Agreed, that is why this is such a critical game for River against Rosecrans this week. Still think they could get in at 6-4. Especially if #9 gets in.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

Really? Beallsville is #2? I guess it's because they play like 2 good teams all year, and in the past when they couldn't beat someone, they would drop them for a weaker opponent.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

What do u have Harvest prep finishing? They have three really tough games ( west jefferson , liberty union and grandview heights)

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

One cool thing if this was to happen like you have it playing out.. South gallia playing Symmes valley week 10 at home and then going to Symmes valley in week 11. Guess that would be one heck of a way to end this rivalry.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I assume you have east beating ND at ND to end the year ? hopefully that does not happen. should be a close one.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

My question is how does the OHSAA come up with these regions? I mean some of these places are just south of Cleveland. I've been to Danville when SG played them in 06 and couldn't imagine going anymore north after that ride.

85TITAN85
Riding the Bench

Post by 85TITAN85 »

I believe ND finishes at East; either way I wouldn't count them out just yet.

induct chuck
Riding the Bench

Post by induct chuck »

ND is definitely playing at East. Should be a decent game. If ND wins out, they'll have a home game. If they lose one more they'll be traveling. If they lose two, I'd guess that they'll be right in that 9 or 10 slot. Does anybody have a definite word on Harvest Prep?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

my bad , I thought we went up there last year . I guess we beat them at their place 2 years ago in quite an upset , but they beat us at our place last year ? what was the score of last years game ? I just remember 2 plays , they had a kid hurl a tackler, they had a severe hit in which Matt Saab's helmet went ten feet in the air. Seems like we moved the ball on the ground but either had TO's or a bunch of penalities.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

a lot of these teams i don't know a lot about. As far as notre dame goes i had a tough time trying to figure out how good i think they are they could very easily be much higher then i have them. same is true for symmes valley. i just don't have good feel on how good that team is. as far as harvest prep goes i have them losing one of those 3 tough games they have left.

induct chuck
Riding the Bench

Post by induct chuck »

MD, the game your talking about was three years ago. I remember ND wore green jerseys. Last year ND won in a shutout. 32-0 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

kvnchambers wrote:after 5 weeks and projecting next 5 weeks. these are the playoff teams i come off with

1. symmes valley
2. beallsville
3. sciottiville
4. harvest prep
5. bishop rosecranes
6. buckeye central
7. trimble
8. south gallia
9. portsmouth notre dame
if it is true that harvest prep is not eligible then everyone below them would move up one slot. i only said if it is true i had heard about an appeal and all and don't know where that all stands
I would love to see this region play out the way you have it projected. This would put 5 of the 8 teams that make it being from southeast Ohio.

Symmes Valley
East
Trimble
South Gallia
Notre Dame

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Runnin rebels wrote:One cool thing if this was to happen like you have it playing out.. South gallia playing Symmes valley week 10 at home and then going to Symmes valley in week 11. Guess that would be one heck of a way to end this rivalry.
I predict that rivalry will only be put on hold for a couple years. With the TVC Hocking being split it's going to open up some non-conference dates and I hope one of those will be to add Symmes Valley back on the schedule. The schools are just too close not to play. It's a great gate!

Return to “Football”