Wellston football

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Wellston football

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Anyone think a certain player or players having a standout season??? and any predictions on the season for the rockets???

RocketMane
Waterboy

Re: Wellston football

Post by RocketMane »

Id like to say we will win 6-8 games but I dont see it. Prater will have a good season, but thats about all I see.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

yea prater should have a good season with a year of varsity play under his belt....but i also dont see more then 5 or 6 wins this season

RocketMane
Waterboy

Post by RocketMane »

wrestlersdad6766 wrote:yea prater should have a good season with a year of varsity play under his belt....but i also dont see more then 5 or 6 wins this season

The talent just isnt there, Wellston's size has dropped too.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

very very true but i think they also lack size in the line and in the linebacking position.....

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wow,
You guys been over to the fieldhouse during workouts?
Wellstons Fb 205lbs Tb 215lbs,Tb 190,Qb 190,Te 190,Te 210.
Starting O-line 240,240,280,195,220.
Wellston has 46 kids working out daily.
I will say size is overrated.This years team will win at least 7 games and could win them all.Just have a little faith ,the kids are working really hard and they know what they are capable and they have Faith in themselves and thats all that matters.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

boilermaker wrote:Wow,
I will say size is overrated.This years team will win at least 7 games and could win them all.Just have a little faith ,the kids are working really hard and they know what they are capable and they have Faith in themselves and thats all that matters.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

Yes i have been to the fieldhouse during workouts and im at every practice i wasnt talking weight wise im talking hieght and dedication because some slack during practice and dont give it there all every rep and that will come back to hurt them come the 3rd or 4th quarter of every game when they are tired and i also agree with you they do have faith im themselves actually a lot of faith and i have faith in the team i just want them to succeed beyond all excpectations but with them slacking sometimes they cant do that...thats why i only say they will only win 5 or 6 games....but i am all for the rockets and hope they go far and do well this year

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

What did you guys think of the 7-7 vs. Warren Fri. nite. I thought that neither team looked very good. Hopefully Wellston gets a little bit better in their passing attack and can get the running game going against Jackson week 1. Because, if not then the Ironmen win BIG :!: :oops:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

boilermaker wrote:Wow,

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

Ha! Wellston will not win 7 games or all of them. I see a lot of chemistry problems coming to fruition, first and foremost not enough balls to go around for the megalomaniacs that will demand their touches and the inability of Mantell to handle it. After all, Mantell is no Hinton or Blackstone. This team will implode. However, I say good luck to all of the kids.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Get a life hawkeye quit living on sour grapes .

Blue and Gold
Waterboy

Post by Blue and Gold »

Good luck Wellston! I didn't get to make the 7 on 7 this past Friday. Anyone know when the next one is scheduled?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Wellston will do alright against NY if they drive Arnold way out of bounds again, into a pole, which takes him out of the game, and somehow avoid a 15 yard penalty.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Need some tissues orestes :cry:

Blue and Gold
Waterboy

Post by Blue and Gold »

Orestes wrote:Wellston will do alright against NY if they drive Arnold way out of bounds again, into a pole, which takes him out of the game, and somehow avoid a 15 yard penalty.

Whats your point? He got pushed into one of the poles, which are pretty darn close to the field of play at Wellston.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

He is trying to say it was dirty,which it was not. however the 97 N-Y team was.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I am with hawkeye on this one, Wellston will be terrible. They lose Lockard and King, and with them they only managed 4 wins. And those wins were against who? Vinton County, horrible. Belpre, terrible. Athens, there was a reason why they left the SEOAL. Alexander, improving but still a soccer school. Look for Wellston to be below average at best.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Solomon wrote:I am with hawkeye on this one, Wellston will be terrible. They lose Lockard and King, and with them they only managed 4 wins. And those wins were against who? Vinton County, horrible. Belpre, terrible. Athens, there was a reason why they left the SEOAL. Alexander, improving but still a soccer school. Look for Wellston to be below average at best.

well lets see two players dont make a team :!: :!: :!: :!: solomon... also wellston was full of juniors and still was young yes lockard and king were good but it takes a whole team to win a game or lose a game so instead of pointing out just two good players that wellston lost think of who they have filling there spots and they would be derrick loudermilk at center even though king started at tackle last year he was moved to center while grey was moved out to tackle because he was more comfortable there. Also, you have two very talented players fighting for lockards spot as hb who are Brad Miller and Trenton Jayjohn also you have a line that is all seniors!!!! so maybe you should rethink things before you say they are going to be terrible :122245 :122245 :122245

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Blue and Gold wrote:
Orestes wrote:Wellston will do alright against NY if they drive Arnold way out of bounds again, into a pole, which takes him out of the game, and somehow avoid a 15 yard penalty.

Whats your point? He got pushed into one of the poles, which are pretty darn close to the field of play at Wellston.

Those poles are way too close to the field of play. Sooner or later someone will be seriously injured because of those poles!!!.

I hope their insurance is paid up, because if it's not, someone other than the B.O.E. will own that field!!!!!!!

Now I know why life flight is located so close to the field :( :( :(

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Those poles are too close,and I think Wellston is looking at removing them(not sure ) I have seen them over there working on the new visitors stands.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

You say world beaters, I say they will be terrible, I guess we will see. I know that next year they will be good or at least have a good record, because they have loaded their schedule with cream puffs. Congratulations.

As for the first game of the year; my Ironmen 54 your Rockets 6.

Return to “Football”