Week 7 Northwest @ Minford

noles_fan
S

Week 7 Northwest @ Minford

Post by noles_fan »

I can't believe no one has started this thread yet should be a lot to say on this one

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Week 7 Northwest @ Minford

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Well, I think NW has the talent to win this game, but the application of that talent is lacking. One thing is for certain, the Mohawks lose this one and any thoughts of a .500 season will be washed away, matter of fact they may be looking at a 3-7 finish for 2011 with a loss at Minford Friday night (business as usual).

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I honestly think Northwest could win atleast 2 conference games this year. They can beat Minford and Waverly this year if they play up to their potential.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

noles_fan wrote:I honestly think Northwest could win atleast 2 conference games this year. They can beat Minford and Waverly this year if they play up to their potential.
Agree with you 100%! They are capable of beating Minford and Waverly. As you said "if they play up to their potential'.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think NW can beat Minford they are weak and they also will get beat by Wheelersburg and Valley as bad as West beat them

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think I will have to go with the Falcons on this one I think Minford wins by 2 or 3 tds it being homecoming and nobody in the soc wants to be the team that loses to the Mohawks.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

coinflip

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Northwest beat the falcons in 2005, and a good shot of doing it this year also.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I thought when I seen Minford play RH they where not as good as people thought. After watching them they are young and have a long way to go. But I will take Minford in this one.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

After seeing Minford play and everything I've read about their other games they are susceptible to the run. West wasn't the only team that was able to run the ball on them. Welston and Meigs both had sucess running the ball. Brown is a big durable back who is a north and south runner who can carry the ball 30+ times if needed. Minfords defense will have to play lights out to contain him. It would be entertaining to watch this one play out.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

As well as NW has played in spurts, I still do not think you have seen them play as well as they are capable of yet this year. If this group of young men want to have a shot at a .500 season, they have to play up to their potential for four complete quaters Friday night. NW will have to score four touchdowns to win and the defense has to step up Friday night for a Mohawk victory.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Minford will win this one going away. Wellston had 1 drive over 20 yards, Meigs had 2 scoring drives start within Minfords 20 yard line. West is the real deal this year. Minford is still a good ball team dont expect them to lay down this week or the following weeks.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

The biggest thing with this Minford Team.....You just don`t know which team will show up! The one that wants to win, or the one thats just there going through the motions.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

This is the best chance that NW has had to beat Minford in the past few years. Brown in a very talented player for the Mohawks and if he and the rest of the team can play as hard as they can they they could end up with a victory on Friday night.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

If im thinking right in 2005 (last time NW beat minford) NW went 5-5 .

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

WE ARE ND wrote:If im thinking right in 2005 (last time NW beat minford) NW went 5-5 .

Nope, 4-5. The last .500 season was 2000.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

the bleeding continues...... NW 26 Minford 18

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I would like to see NW win this one but Minford is going to be mad after the butt kickin they took from West they might just play a little harder this week good luck NW !!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Redman wrote:The biggest thing with this Minford Team.....You just don`t know which team will show up! The one that wants to win, or the one thats just there going through the motions.
You have it pegged just right. If the Falcons show up with some intensity and fly around and make plays, they can win by 4 TD's. If the show up and sleepwalk through the game they'll be in for a dogfight and in serious danger of losing.

I just hope they don't get too tight this week, there's a big difference between playing to win and playing not to lose. Coach Daniels and his staff will put the kids in the positions they need to be like they have all year. It's up to the players to take pride in their preparation and execute on Friday night.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

:mrgreen: There is always the bench ! A lot of tallent waiting to get in.

Return to “Football”