RV and SG football stadium progress?

madpolecat
All State

RV and SG football stadium progress?

Post by madpolecat »

How are plans coming along to build new football field/tracks for the new high school?

I heard that somebody suggested a common stadium for the two schools. While everybody probably wants both schools to have their own places, I think it would be better to pool resources and have a nice facility than to have two token parks.

What do people think?

91blue14
SE

Re: RV and SG football stadium progress?

Post by 91blue14 »

why would you want to share a field :?:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The stadium suggestion was for one for the entire county: Gallia Academy, River Valley, and South Gallia. The question comes up, who gets Friday night? The next question would have to be location, where? From the business peoples stand point it is easy to see where they are coming from but the big question-is anyone willing to give up Friday Nights? You can argue both sides of this issue.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

The Gallia Dome!!!!

They'd have to start playing arena football, I guess.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

While it is less than ideal to share a stadium, Dayton Welcome Stadium and Laidley Field are both owned by public school districts.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Over here in Mason County there has been mention of the other schools in the county (Wahama, Hannan) using our new stadium when we are away or on Saturdays but I am not sure of how that will go. Hannan has played on our field several times over the past few years when they had problems with their field so they might use the field but I know Wahama would NEVER do that. Way too much pride involved with that - I am sure it would be the same in Gallia County but I could be wrong.

Best of luck to both schools.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

imo that would bring some GA people back to earth, :lol:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You have Parkersburg with Stadium Field. At one time Parkersburg, Parkersburg South, and Parkersburg Catholic. South went out and built their own stadium. Then take a look at what has happened with Spartan Stadium in Portsmouth and the condition that it has fallen into.

Would the schools be able to play lower level games on the field? If not then the schools would still have to keep up other fields for the lower levels.

FutureDevil
Waterboy

Post by FutureDevil »

Hope RV does better than the field erected in front of the current middle school ( former Bidwell Elem.) I understand that they can't use it due to close proximity to St Rt 160. Is that correct?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

3 yrs after passage of school levy gallia county decides its time to start fundraising for new atheltic facilities... :oops:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Middle school and midget/pee-wee football games -- when played on a grass surface in addition to the high school and junior high -- really tear up a natural surface.

Two springs ago, a Gallipolis coach told me that he expected them to be playing football at Memorial Field for another 10 years. It doesn't look like any progress on such a project has been made out at Centenary.

How does the current economic state in America affect that projection? Will the districts need to come together on a field project in order to get anything done now?

What we really need is a guardian angel to swoop in and offer $10 million to build a Bob Evans Stadium or a Holzer Stadium or an AEP Park that EVERYBODY in Gallia County could benefit from.

:?: :?: :?:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

If that kind of money came available you could see that happen, but that is a very large amount of money to show up under the current conditions.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

if rumors i heard prove to be true look for enrollment at gallia academy and oak hill to increase :aaaaa17

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Am I correct in assuming you are talking about the Southwestern Attendance Area?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

KarlAgathon wrote:While it is less than ideal to share a stadium, Dayton Welcome Stadium and Laidley Field are both owned by public school districts.

From the Univ. of Dayton athletic website ...

This is the 29th season the University of Dayton football team has called Welcome Stadium home. The "Welcome" is not a greeting, but honors the late Percival Welcome, longtime Director of Athletics for the Dayton Public Schools. Originally built in 1949 by the city of Dayton for high school football games, it is now owned and operated by the Dayton Board of Education, and it also serves as the site for high school games during the regular season and playoffs, and some of the top track and field events in southwest Ohio.

In 1974, the city of Dayton, the Dayton Board of Education, the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners, and the University of Dayton joined together to help recondition the Stadium, including converting the football field to artificial turf. Welcome Stadium currently features an Astroturf playing surface, full-density urethane 400-meter running track with a steeplechase pit, and a FairPlay scoreboard with video reply capability.

The stadium has a seating capacity of 11,000. Also in the stadium are locker facilities, a two-level indoor press box, an outer press box, and concession stands under both sets of grandstands. Welcome Stadium is located next to the University of Dayton Arena just over one mile from UD's campus. Together the two sites make a sports complex that has provided some of the more memorable moments in Dayton's history.

A little cooperation can go a long way ...

Maybe URG needs to be in the conversation, too.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Am I correct in assuming you are talking about the Southwestern Attendance Area?

;-) those people have been continually lied to on this issue... or at least it appears they have been lied to

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

bidwell is no closer than the road to waterford's field :idea:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

plans are for the new rv field/stadium/track to be back near the new high school

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Karl!!! I was told 8 years before GA had a new field, The county schools IMO will see there new field before GA will.I heard there got to be alot of changes before the money flow comes in.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

they should build a dome :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”