Belpre Eagles Football 09

eaglefan1
Varsity

Belpre Eagles Football 09

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpre loses 4 year starter RB/LB Ashton Packard, 2 year starter WR/DB John Logue, 3 year starter WR/DB Ryan Yates and a few off the offensive line. Belpre has its QB Clay Ullman back and WR Markie Tate who has loads of talent. Belpre will also feature Erik Waderker at RB and Tyler Watkins at FB. Belpre also returns seniors Brad Barrett and Tyler Carr, who should anchor the O-Line.

QB- Clay Ullman
RB- Erik Waderker
FB- Tyler Watkins
WR- Corey Law?
WR- Markie Tate
TE- Rashawn Miller
OL is a question mark except for Brad Barrett and Carr, someone help me out with returning O-lineman.

Someone help me out with defense...Brady Radabaugh should be at NT, Carr is a force at DE, linebackers consist of Tyler Watkins, Rashawn Miller, Brad Barrett, the DB's will be Tate, Waderker and someone else who emerges...please someone help me out, correct me if im wrong...help me out with returnees from last year...

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 09

Post by tvcfan1 »

i heard Watkins is going to hb and Miller is going to FB Tate at WR Waderker at wing back and ullman QB. the line will be good brannan barrett carr wallace at TE than the Defense watkins miller barrett and maybe Hatfield will be the linebackers and D-line Dylan Markahm Carr Brannan Wiggers or Radabaugh at NG than DB Waderker tate and ullman or Law they really need another DB

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Belpre has become the "the good ole boy" network in all sports (football, basketball and track) ! You have an AD who who coached/taught them the 90's so he gives them and their friends coaching jobs (when you have qualified teachers apply for the jobs) and the result is average to below average. You have football coaches who have never played or coached and look what happened last year. Sad to se!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

teach123 wrote:Belpre has become the "the good ole boy" network in all sports (football, basketball and track) ! You have an AD who who coached/taught them the 90's so he gives them and their friends coaching jobs (when you have qualified teachers apply for the jobs) and the result is average to below average. You have football coaches who have never played or coached and look what happened last year. Sad to se!

Why would they hire someone who has never coached before if they have coaches in the district wanting the jobs?

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Not necessarily in the Belpre district but others around the area. Most of the coaches went to school with Shriver and one never even played the game.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpre has become the "the good ole boy" network in all sports (football, basketball and track) ! You have an AD who who coached/taught them the 90's so he gives them and their friends coaching jobs (when you have qualified teachers apply for the jobs) and the result is average to below average. You have football coaches who have never played or coached and look what happened last year. Sad to se!

How can you say the football coaches have never played? Curt Shriver played 4 years at Belpre and played LB, and i believe played a year at Muskingum College. Curt Plummer (not a good coach, agree on the bad choice here) played at Warren and played 4 years at Marietta College. He just cant coach the game.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

I wasnt refering to the head coaches, I was speaking of the assistants.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

teach123 wrote:I wasnt refering to the head coaches, I was speaking of the assistants.

Well if I'm not mistaken the head coaches at the very least have a say in who the assistants are, and might even hand pick them, themselves...so of course they're gonna get guys in there that they're comfortable with and think will work well with the kids...

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

And the basketball assistants were Chad Williams (never played for Coach Cox, the current AD) and some other guy named Palmer who I'm pretty sure didnt even go to Belpre....sounds like the good ole boys to me :roll:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

The head coaches do pick the assistans for the team they are coaching, Shriver picks his assistants and coordinators and Plummer picked his assistants, him and Williams are buddies, thats why Plummer picked Williams and Palmer volunteered for to coach JV. Curt Plummer went to Warren, so was never taught or coached by Cox, the current AD. Williams never played for Cox but might of had him as a teacher. Palmer went to Marietta, so he never played nor was taught by Cox. Shriver i believe, played for Ralph Holder when he played for Belpre, so to say alll the coaches were taught and coached by Cox is a stupid statement.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Plummer did not play football in high school. He was a B-ball player.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

what i heard from some of the belpre kids been in the weight room working hard. Miller Watkins Brannan barrett radabaugh keerps mcdonald and Markham. now they need to get waderker ullman carr and wallace to get in the weight room. to get ready to beat warren :-D :-D

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Looks like a lot of controversy surrounding this program. Can't see them finishing any better than 3rd in the league this year though. Just ahead of who ever wins between Athens and Wellston.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

Belpre has a good chance of winning the TVC they should be good this year

Eagle 10
Waterboy

Post by Eagle 10 »

teach123 wrote:Belpre has become the "the good ole boy" network in all sports (football, basketball and track) ! You have an AD who who coached/taught them the 90's so he gives them and their friends coaching jobs (when you have qualified teachers apply for the jobs) and the result is average to below average. You have football coaches who have never played or coached and look what happened last year. Sad to se!

Just curious what assistants never played or coached before. I believe the majority of the coaching staff played with Shriver yes. I believe at least one of them besides Shriver was one of the best outside linebackers during his time. I know Coach Shutts was a mean SOB during football. He was a head hunter! He may have been short (but stocky build, you could tell he lifted back then) but he probably delievered the hardest hits during his time. I watched him play and that guy was an in your face player complete mad man. To be honest I think his mean attitude during the games cost him at times. I seen him hit kids and seriously get in their faces while they were down then he would get a 15 yard unsportsman for being in the kids face. Not a smart move but you could tell he was out to hurt someone. Other than Shutts, Shriver was another leader of tackles. Played for Muskingum and has coached for several years at Belpre an worked his way up to being varsity coach. During Shutts and Shrivers years I believe their records were something like this 1990-91 7-3, 1991-1992 8-2, and 1992-1993 9-1. I do know for a fact they both started as sophmores and played varisty. Starting as sophmores then was not heard of much because they had alot of players then unlike they do now.
Coach Adams was a hell of a quarterback. Maybe he never coached before but everyone needs to get a break to get in and he got a chance.

I know Coach Shriver played and has coached at Belpre, Coach Shutts played the game and coached at Pickerington, Coach Adams played, Coach Dearth played at Belpre and has been coaching prior to last year at Belpre. So who hasn't played or coached you are refering too?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

ttt

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

Does anyone know the schedule this year, how many signed up, and possible line-up. Also who has been in the weight room and who has not? Lets get some talk going :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Belpre's 09 schedule!!!!

Fri 08/28/09 Vincent Warren Local Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM

Fri 09/04/09 @ Shenandoah H. S. Shenandoah H. S. 7:30PM

Fri 09/11/09 Trimble Local High School Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM

Fri 09/18/09 Alexander H. S. Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM

Fri 09/25/09 @ Wellston H. S. Wellston H. S. 7:30PM

Fri 10/02/09 @ Nelsonville-York H. S. Nelsonville-York H. S. 7:30PM

Fri 10/09/09 Bishop Rosecrans Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM

Fri 10/16/09 @ Vinton County High School Vinton County H. S. 7:30PM

Fri 10/23/09 @ Athens High School Athens H.S. 7:30PM

Fri 10/30/09 Meigs High School Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

The schedule looks pretty good as far as competition. The team better take it serious this summer if they want to be above .500. Hopefully a lot of players are getting in the weight room!!!

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

almost the end of the school year. hopefully the eagles have been working hard in the classroom as well as in the weightroom. would like to see everyone eligible. stay dedicated, work hard and the TVC can be yours! for those not in winter and/or spring sports, hopefully you have been preparing already. if not, it's not too late yet.

Return to “Football”