Freshman Team

Week 10 [3-6] Portsmouth @ [5-4] Ironton

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts

maniac66
All State

Re: Week 10 [3-6] Portsmouth @ [5-4] Ironton

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton in this one at home and improving after a monster schedule.
Ironton needs a win to secure the playoffs a loss leaves in in the hands of another team.
Ironton 35-Portsmouth 20

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans can give the Fighting Tigers all they want IF they can minimize mistakes........I say that every week, but this is a Portsmouth team that has lost 2 games by 3 points each and has played 3 OT games.........with the exception of the Jackson and Warren games, PHS has been very competitive with a chance to win every other game in the 4th quarter.

Our Trojans should be feeling good about themselves coming into the Tank after getting an exciting win at Logan.

GO TROJANS!! BEAT THOSE FIGHTING TIGERS!! BRING HOME THE TRADITION TROPHY!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i tell ya'll. i'm just not seeing the fire in the fighting tigers right now, they just look flat, and unresponsive to me right now.they played a better game. but i'm just not seeing the intensity a playoff team needs.i hope they have a great week of practice and get their heads screwed on right for this huge river rat rivalry.

Well at keast
ITS JUST PORTSMOUTH

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree but there are issues out there!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

understood , there really are. and our kids have to be ready for multiple set wide reciever packages. you simply cannot cover 3 recievers with 2 defenders. it was there all night for the pioneers, had more been thrown that way. all i can say is i'm glad kuntz rolled out of the pocket so much last night, and always having to throw across his body. because we were getting no pressure on the qb,but with him rolling out of the pocket every play , he missed a bunch of open recievers. had he have been a drop back/pocket passer. we may not have won that game.we must get more pressure on the qb. and our secondary must be ready for anything.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I saw that to bait but I think part of it was let them have the underneath passes and prevent the long passes.
Which pretty much except for the one long TD pass.
I heard some of the kids was nursing some injuries so that may be part of the low display of heart.
All that matters is we got the win and no one went out with nothing major now on to Portsmouth and the playoff hopefully.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

understood maniac, but they didn't look excited even coming out through the hoop at gametime this game. i hope whatever the situation, the staff lights a fire under the tigers for rival week. tackling was better. but still seeing the ball being carried loosely at times, keep that dang thing tucked high n tight.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

well the one fumble could have been avoided I agree but it never hurt us and maybe it will further the learning experience for the young man and team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Portsmouth can use their speed and keep away from the big mistakes they can be in this game.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Seems like after many of the games this year people are saying things like YTB about hoping the staff gets the players to play better. It is the 10th game this year. If the players are waiting for the coaches to get them up for a big game then it will be a long game. Players should have themselves up for the game and the coaches just enhance that. It is not like the records really matter in this game. Looks like rain from Weds. on through game day. So turnovers and players wanting it more can really play a factor.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will be fine it's been a long and tough year winning Friday will carry dividends for this team and there playoff march.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

well one thing for sure, with a 3 and 6 record...Portsmouth has NOTHING to lose, so I think the coaches should oipen up the play book ...esp if Ironton is haveing problems defending the pass....but Im sure you will se th fire back in the eyes of the kids, on both sides of the ball here.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

for whatever reason portsmouth always plays extremely well against ironton. i dont know if its because the kids just get up for ironton more than other opponents or if clifford has just watched so much film of us that he knows whats coming and stunts into it or what. either way i think this is a harder fought, and closer game than what each teams records would imply. i would very much like to see about 3 trojan turnovers and a 28 point or more lead for the tigers at half. that way we have a chance to rest some people and get healthy, but i dont think it will happen. the schedule ironton has played has for sure gotten them battle tested for the playoffs but when your a d4 or d5 team and you play about 15 to 17 total kids and you got -6-8 kids going both ways its tough to get to playoff time healthy. i think ironton has a great chance of winning the region if we can get healthy. kinda reminds me of 99 when we lost our last 2 games and squeaked in and made the huge run to the state finals.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton by 14.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i tell ya'll. i'm just not seeing the fire in the fighting tigers right now, they just look flat, and unresponsive to me right now.they played a better game. but i'm just not seeing the intensity a playoff team needs.i hope they have a great week of practice and get their heads screwed on right for this huge river rat rivalry.

Well at keast
ITS JUST PORTSMOUTH
------------------guys i wished you'd quit changing my posts , i did not say anything about it just being portsmouth.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

portsmouth by 3 keep them tigers at home. no plyoffs this year! Go SEOAL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lhs72, what a sadsac you must be.if ironton would have been in the seoal this year, i think they would have blasted everybody in it, except jackson who won the league, and we had them beat. but the lat 4 minutes we forgot how to play defense. that's why coaches tell you ---------------you gotta play the whole game. get over it, ironton is gone from the seoal, saw it crumbling at the cornerstones and left.and they scheduled way up in my opinion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and furthermore, i suspect you are not even from logan, with like 75 posts, you are probably just a crapthrower, with 7 different names. i see right through people like you.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:lhs72, what a sadsac you must be.if ironton would have been in the seoal this year, i think they would have blasted everybody in it, except jackson who won the league, and we had them beat. but the lat 4 minutes we forgot how to play defense. that's why coaches tell you ---------------you gotta play the whole game. get over it, ironton is gone from the seoal, saw it crumbling at the cornerstones and left.and they scheduled way up in my opinion.

so seeing we are in the seoal,,,,you feel as if we are going to get blasted as well?..I know we are huge undedogs,,but stranger things has happened 8)

your words,,I changed nothing, and I never read it wrong,,did I ;-)

Return to “Football”