vinton co drops jackson in football

Solomon
Freshman Team

vinton co drops jackson in football

Post by Solomon »

i have been told that vc new athletic director had called mr. kight saying that they would not renew there football contract with Jackson. who does this hurt, vc or jax?

maniac66
All State

Re: vinton co drops jackson in football

Post by maniac66 »

Probeley both teams gate wise but probely for the best Jackson is just getting bigger and better every year and seems to be better they are going to be a team like Logan soon to big for most of the area teams to play and work on going out of the area to player bigger and better schools and I am not knocking Jackson it is good to see them doing well I hope Logan over comes their troubles and rebound back to where they was.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

maniac66 wrote:Probeley both teams gate wise but probely for the best Jackson is just getting bigger and better every year and seems to be better they are going to be a team like Logan soon to big for most of the area teams to play and work on going out of the area to player bigger and better schools and I am not knocking Jackson it is good to see them doing well I hope Logan over comes their troubles and rebound back to where they was.
WOW misspelled Probably several times please forgive multi tasking and not good at it apparently lol

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I have heard Jackson is trying to pick up Porstmouth East or maybe Green? That is if they can not sign Manchester first.

JIronmen1120
Waterboy

Post by JIronmen1120 »

perfect week to pick ironton back up!!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

jungle cat wrote:I have heard Jackson is trying to pick up Porstmouth East or maybe Green? That is if they can not sign Manchester first.
that's got to be a joke right?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

If this is true it is good for both sides. Vinton County is a very rural school that needs to downgrade their schedule in order to build their program back up. Jackson is a growing community and a very strong program that gains nothing from playing VC.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

jungle cat wrote:I have heard Jackson is trying to pick up Porstmouth East or maybe Green? That is if they can not sign Manchester first.
LOL to funny but never know lol they was trying to get in the SOC correct

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I hope this puts to rest the idea that letting the S.E.O.A.L. teams into an "Upper" division T.V.C. would be a good idea. It's easy to see why V.C. would want out of this game---it'll be interesting to see if any other T.V.C. teams try to pick up the Ironmen.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

I would like to see Wellston-Jackson game move to the third week. Jackson probably goes unbeaten this year and maybe continue to be good, but this year's team is exceptional. I don't think they are too good to play area teams.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

good move for vinton county

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

maniac66 wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Probeley both teams gate wise but probely for the best Jackson is just getting bigger and better every year and seems to be better they are going to be a team like Logan soon to big for most of the area teams to play and work on going out of the area to player bigger and better schools and I am not knocking Jackson it is good to see them doing well I hope Logan over comes their troubles and rebound back to where they was.
WOW misspelled Probably several times please forgive multi tasking and not good at it apparently lol

Some commas wouldn't hurt either. :122249

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Look for Jackson to fill the spot with Ports. West. South point and West for the 3rd spot is no more. Should be interesting. Good move for both schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson should jump on this and up grade their schedule. Need a Div.III and no less

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote:Jackson should jump on this and up grade their schedule. Need a Div.III and no less
I would be shocked if Jackson fills this spot with anyone other than Athens. As for VC, a smaller school schedule for a couple years could be a good thing. Look at Athens for example. Scheduling down helped get the numbers back up and really turned things around for them. I'd like to see VC fill this spot with Southeastern or Zane Trace. Also, if the Point Pleasant contract is not renewed, I'd like to see River Valley on the schedule. Schedule down, get the numbers up, get competitive, then get the Jacksons and Point Pleasants back on the schedule!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dundas wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Jackson should jump on this and up grade their schedule. Need a Div.III and no less
I would be shocked if Jackson fills this spot with anyone other than Athens. As for VC, a smaller school schedule for a couple years could be a good thing. Look at Athens for example. Scheduling down helped get the numbers back up and really turned things around for them. I'd like to see VC fill this spot with Southeastern or Zane Trace. Also, if the Point Pleasant contract is not renewed, I'd like to see River Valley on the schedule. Schedule down, get the numbers up, get competitive, then get the Jacksons and Point Pleasants back on the schedule!
Athens would be a good game

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Dundas wrote:
Athens seems logical. However, the Jackson program seems to be on an upswing. I'd like to see them play a tougher, perennial playoff school like Sheridan, Licking Valley, DeSales, Watterson, etc. That would prepare them for the playoffs better than their current competition.

JTownie
Waterboy

Post by JTownie »

GAHS83 wrote:
Dundas wrote:
Athens seems logical. However, the Jackson program seems to be on an upswing. I'd like to see them play a tougher, perennial playoff school like Sheridan, Licking Valley, DeSales, Watterson, etc. That would prepare them for the playoffs better than their current competition.
I totally agree. Jackson has been content with beating up on smaller schools early in their schedule. They have always been content with doing this instead of stepping up the competition, if you want to be big bad Jackson you have to walk the walk, just ask Logan.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Long, long overdue. Waverly should do the same thing. As should Wellston. But no one is saying there are bright folks in SEO. VC is better off in the long run. Schedules should be COMPETITIVE.

Jackson ? Depends on who they replace with. If its their usual "duck the competition" route, I won't be surprised.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

manwithplan wrote:
maniac66 wrote:

Some commas wouldn't hurt either. :122249
hey admitting one mistake is enough don't push it buddy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”