TVC-Ohio 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

broncofan09
Varsity

TVC-Ohio 2009

Post by broncofan09 »

What are you predictions for the 2009 season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC ohio Predictions!

Post by Orange and Brown »

1.NY
2.Athens
3.Wellston
4.Meigs
5.Alex
6.Belpre
7.VC
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245
Thats My prediction!! Now lets see if I'm right after all the games are played!!
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I really beleive that this year will be a co - champion Two of the three teams I put on top will be co champs.
Wellston
Meigs
N-Y
3. Athens
4. Alexander
5. Belpre
6. Vinton Co.
This should be a exciting year in the league. The three I think that will compete for the title will all have good seasons.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

here is how they will finish and why

1. ny as always
2. athens you will regret ever letting them join in a few years
3. meigs lost a lot but still good
4. alex best year yet
5. belpre rebound from last year with good coaching
6. vc a step up from last year
7. wellston should win the league? i think i have heard that before

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

boilermaker wrote:I really beleive that this year will be a co - champion Two of the three teams I put on top will be co champs.
Wellston
Meigs
N-Y
3. Athens
4. Alexander
5. Belpre
6. Vinton Co.
This should be a exciting year in the league. The three I think that will compete for the title will all have good seasons.

Every other year we all hear about how wellston is going to win the TVC, yet it rarly happens.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I just said Wellston has a chance along with Meigs & N-Y to win the league. Wellston has only won the league twice 2001-2002 ,but they did that in a dominating way for sure!
Trimble ,,,,well all you need to say is all blow and no go! they wont even play us ,their AD says no!

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

1) Nelsonville-York

Taking the easy way out and listing a tie for second

2) Meigs
2) Wellston
4) Athens
5) Alexander
6) Belpre
7) Vinton County

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

boilermaker wrote:I just said Wellston has a chance along with Meigs & N-Y to win the league. Wellston has only won the league twice 2001-2002 ,but they did that in a dominating way for sure!
Trimble ,,,,well all you need to say is all blow and no go! they wont even play us ,their AD says no!

The only reason Trimble's AD says no is because you wait till Feb to call him back, after our schedule is already set. We make our schedule two years in advance. You had a chance to schedule us a year ago for 2010 and refused to do so. But I am sure if you still want to play a D6 school there are some still open. You might want to try beating NY before you schedule us though, cause we have beaten them more in the last 5 years than you have in the last 15. It would be kind of emabarrasing for you to lose to a little D6 school wouldn't it? :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ouch!!!!!
Kinda harsh!

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

1. nelsonville
2.megis or belpre
3. megis or belpre
4. wellston
5. alex
6. athens
7. VC

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

1. Nelsonville-York -They are the champs until somebody beats them. Which never seems to happen ever in league play.
2. Athens- I know they lost some valuable kids but they will reload. I agree with the juvenille everyone except NY in football will regret letting them in the league. They are going to be dominant in all sports within three years.
3. Meigs- good tradition, great coaching, and some very good athletes will allow them compete.
4. Alexander- could easily be in the three spot if some of their young kids step up this year. They will surprise some people this year and it will start week 2 when the Spartans defeat the Tomcats. U heard it hear first. 2 out of 3 years never thought I would see that, but this is the year.
5. Belpre- Young kids will lead them, but won't compete just yet.
6. Vinton County- how can one of the biggest schools in the league be this low?
7. Wellston- the only they win the league is if all the league games are at Wellston. I don't think the other teams in the league will let that happen.

This will be a very competitive league this year. Some of the teams may switch a spot, but my list is a stone cold lead pipe lock. :lol:

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

King of Kings.....stone cold lead pipe locks, eh?

I'll remember this post because it's already written down. I'll check back with you at the end of October to see just how close these predictions come. You may have all 7 right and you may have 7 wrong, we'll see.

But I'll check back with you on them. No big deal here.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I like all this Rocket envy on here (I smell bad & King of kings) :lol: .Trimble didnt not want to play the Rockets get over it,or get a new AD .As for size of school Wellston enrollment is pretyy close to N-Y about 20 students,Wellston will probably be with the Buckeyes at Div-5 this year.I have never said Wellston is some kind of power house (like the Trimble people do)I remind them of their MVL days 0-35 :lol: .
You guys shouldnt be on this thread you are not in the TVC Ohio.Keep to your cupcakes,if you played Wellstons non league schedule you wouldnt win a game until your league.
Wellston will finish no lower than third in the league,but I will say they will win it because I admit my bias for my team.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

boilermaker wrote:I like all this Rocket envy on here (I smell bad & King of kings) :lol: .Trimble didnt not want to play the Rockets get over it,or get a new AD .As for size of school Wellston enrollment is pretyy close to N-Y about 20 students,Wellston will probably be with the Buckeyes at Div-5 this year.I have never said Wellston is some kind of power house (like the Trimble people do)I remind them of their MVL days 0-35 :lol: .
You guys shouldnt be on this thread you are not in the TVC Ohio.Keep to your cupcakes,if you played Wellstons non league schedule you wouldnt win a game until your league.
Wellston will finish no lower than third in the league,but I will say they will win it because I admit my bias for my team.

Trimble was never in the MVL. One of Trimble's non league "cupcakes" is NY, who beats Wellston like a drum every year. :lol: Since you wont play Trimble, I think Eastern may have an open date. If not, call Southern. They may look at your record over the last couple years and put you on the schedule. :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I smell bad wrote:
boilermaker wrote:I like all this Rocket envy on here (I smell bad & King of kings) :lol: .Trimble didnt not want to play the Rockets get over it,or get a new AD .As for size of school Wellston enrollment is pretyy close to N-Y about 20 students,Wellston will probably be with the Buckeyes at Div-5 this year.I have never said Wellston is some kind of power house (like the Trimble people do)I remind them of their MVL days 0-35 :lol: .

Trimble was never in the MVL. One of Trimble's non league "cupcakes" is NY, who beats Wellston like a drum every year. :lol: Since you wont play Trimble, I think Eastern may have an open date. If not, call Southern. They may look at your record over the last couple years and put you on the schedule. :lol:

Non leage cup cakes????
What was that score again???
I bet you forgot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Orange and Brown wrote:
I smell bad wrote:

Non leage cup cakes????
What was that score again???
I bet you forgot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not calling them cupcakes. That was your old buddy boilermaker. If you look really closely you will see that I used qoutation marks since I was quoting him.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I guess I should have been more clear on this . I was refering to the kitty cats league games.Not their non league.Check the archives Glouster ,which is the same as Glouster/Trimble was the door mat of the MVL. N-Y may have beaten Glouster/Trimble Kittycats like a drum last year ,but not the Rockets .

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

boilermaker,
For the record I am not from Trimble, and very glad that im not. Lancerland is god's country to me. However, you are way off base here. I do not see how a single school (glouster) is the same as a consolidated school. Obviously the consolidation may have helped the cats. I have an easy solution to this little scuffle. What is the all-time record between the cats and the rockets that will tell the story. Enough of this we are better than you because of what happened in 1900 crap. Someone please list the overrall record between the two schools. Nothing can finish an argument like the scoreboard can. Winner gets to gloat a little, loser has to take his medicine. Sounds fair to me.

Keyser,
You know its all in good fun ;-) If I am wrong you will have scoreboard on me and you can let me have it all you want. I can handle it. I just hope the loser between boilermaker or I smell bad handle whoever has the most losses in the loss column. :lol: LET THE RECORDS SETTLE IT!!! enough said

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I have no idea what the records are , and dont care . trimble posters get on here and gloat all the time . This is a thread about predictions for the TVC Ohio and the Kitty cat poster get on here and bash my Rockets.You say you are a Lancer fan ,and you to had your say and i did assume you were from Glouster . You guys need to stick with the possibly the worst league in the state.

Back to the topic.
1.Wellston
2. Meigs
3.N-Y
4.Athens
5.Alexander
6.Belpre
7.V.C

The top three are the teams to beat .
This is just a prediction.For the TVC Ohio.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

I don't know why I'm getting into this, but:

the 1964 season was the first year of consolidated play for what is now Trimble High School. (It was called Glouster High School until 1973). That season the Tomcats went 1-9 with no league wins in their final year in the MVL (The one win was against the York Bruins)

In the 25 years that the Tomcats were in the MVL they finished last 10 times while finishing in the top 3 in the league only 6 times. As much as I hate to admit it, records don't lie, that usually spells doormat team. I don't have the J-T records for the same time period. They were better, playing in a different league. J-T also had a run of athletes in the late 1940s and early 1950s that included guys like Bill Romanowski Sr. and Sam Jones.

Back to the topic. Specifically Wellston, here is what I had to say about the Golden Rockets before last season

Topic: An early look at the (Wellston Golden Rockets) 2008 Season!
Post date: July 14, 2008
"To me those first four weeks are going to be tough. Jackson has had Wellston's number for a while, Minford is coming off a playoff season with talent returning, Waverly lost a bunch but still has some great skilled players coming back, and Nelsonville-York is, well Nelsonville-York. If the Rockets are competitive (and maybe sneak up and surprise a team in one of those four games) then the second half of the year should be a easier road. Vinton County and Gallia Academy will be their mid to late season tests.

I think that the Rockets could go 4-6 and with a little luck 6-4.

Being from Trimble, I always look at things as it relates to Tomcat history. In 1987 Trimble was 1-9 playing mainly sophomores. That year most of the games we lost were by three to four touchdowns. In 1988 those sophomores were juniors and we went 4-6 losing a couple of very close games. Then in 1989, using two years of varsity experience, the senior class leads the 'Cats to a 10-0 season.

Maybe the Rockets are on the same path. If so, then I'm glad Trimble and Wellston don't play each other anymore."

Don't lump all Trimble/TVC Hocking posters together

Return to “Football”