TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Titletown TVC
JV Team

TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Post by Titletown TVC »

The march to Wheeling begins this Saturday. Here is hoping we can get back to Wheeling.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good luck to the White Falcons ... I've put some stuff up on http://trivalleyconference.com/ ... I am curious if I got the helmet right for Pocahontas though ... It was pretty tough finding out what kind of helmet/colors/nickname Pocahontas County sported.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

I honestly dont agree with Wahama playing Ohio teams all season long, then playing the playoffs in WV. If they are going to be a member of the OHSAA, then I believe they should play Ohio teams in the Ohio State playoffs. The TVC shouldve thought more about the decision before they added them. Im not knocking on the football team by any means at all, and I wish them the best of luck, but Im just stating my opinion on the playoff picture.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How can a WV school play in the OHSAA playoffs? That is just a dumb statement. Why does it matter that they play mostly Ohio schools in there league. You must follow a team that can't beat Wahama in the league

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

bhseaglex12 wrote:I honestly dont agree with Wahama playing Ohio teams all season long, then playing the playoffs in WV. If they are going to be a member of the OHSAA, then I believe they should play Ohio teams in the Ohio State playoffs. The TVC shouldve thought more about the decision before they added them. Im not knocking on the football team by any means at all, and I wish them the best of luck, but Im just stating my opinion on the playoff picture.

Ohio playoffs are definately a different beast than WV playoffs. Wahama is one of the top small school programs in the state of WV, yet Nelsonville-York steamrolled Wahama in a scrimmage this year. The White Falcons didn't have an answer for anything NY did in that game.

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

Scrimmage glouting.. lol

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Good Luck Wahama from Trimble

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I am glad Wahama is in the TVC. Now Trimble has to do some actual coaching in order to win a league championship. No more going 6-4 or 7-3 and dominating the league.
NYBuckeye96 wrote:
bhseaglex12 wrote:I honestly dont agree with Wahama playing Ohio teams all season long, then playing the playoffs in WV. If they are going to be a member of the OHSAA, then I believe they should play Ohio teams in the Ohio State playoffs. The TVC shouldve thought more about the decision before they added them. Im not knocking on the football team by any means at all, and I wish them the best of luck, but Im just stating my opinion on the playoff picture.

Ohio playoffs are definately a different beast than WV playoffs. Wahama is one of the top small school programs in the state of WV, yet Nelsonville-York steamrolled Wahama in a scrimmage this year. The White Falcons didn't have an answer for anything NY did in that game.
Yes some teams play to win scrimmages, and some play to win playoff games. :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

And at Trimble, they can't win scrimmages or playoff games. But hey, they can walk all over Miller and Southern as much as they want! TRIMBLE PRIDE!

:lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Actually we won a playoff game just a few short years ago. When is the last time Nelsonville won one. Was it in this decade? :lol:

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Wahama has had great teams the past two years but I don't believe they are going to be the TVC Hocking power every year to come,considering Trimble jr.high and Belpre jr. high teams both beat their jr high team by 50+ points. They deserve to play in WV playoffs this year as they are probably the top team in that division.Good luck to the White Falcons in this years playoffs.
Last edited by Eaglepapaw on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck to the White Falcons!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: And at Trimble, they can't win scrimmages or playoff games. But hey, they can walk all over Miller and Southern as much as they want! TRIMBLE PRIDE!

:lol:
Why bring Trimble into it?????????????????? The guy who said it is not from Trimble

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Heavy D wrote:Actually we won a playoff game just a few short years ago. When is the last time Nelsonville won one. Was it in this decade? :lol:

How many state titles does Trimble have? :mrgreen:

I believe NY has one.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How can a school from West Virginia be a member of the OHSAA or participate in the Ohio playoffs?

Probably the dumbest statement I've ever seen on here.

Maybe Wheelersburg could try to play for a Kentucky state title. :roll:

Sgrebel_654
Waterboy

Post by Sgrebel_654 »

Good Luck white falcons from mercervegas

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

How can a school from West Virginia be a member of the OHSAA or participate in the Ohio playoffs?
Probably the dumbest statement I've ever seen on here.

Maybe Wheelersburg could try to play for a Kentucky state title. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THey would have about 25 if they did!!

masonite
Waterboy

Post by masonite »

Appreciate the support from our Ohio brothers in the TVC. We were all rooting hard for Trimble and South Gallia last week.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:

That's probably why they are called preseason "scrimmages" and when they both left the field their records were 0-0. As a Wahama alum if you insist we can change N-Y's record to 10-2 instead of 9-2 for the year if it'll make you feel better but you still can't play this week since you lost last week. How's that :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Wahama has had great teams the past two years but I don't believe they are going to be the TVC Hocking power every year to come,considering Trimble jr.high and Belpre jr. high teams both beat their jr high team by 50+ points. They deserve to play in WV playoffs this year as they are probably the top team in that division.Good luck to the White Falcons in this years playoffs.
You're probably correct. I'm surprised Wahama has kept the playoff streak going as long as it has and they've been in the playoffs many times since the mid-eighties when they expanded to multiple team playoffs. I expect it to dwindle sometime here in the near future when kids and some grandkids of people I went to school with dry up. We graduated 126 kids back then and this year I think they'll graduate somewhere around 60 and it's been going down a little each decade with not enough jobs to keep a lot of young adults in the area when they get out of school. Most of these kids nowadays have to go elsewhere for work and to raise their families after high school or college.

Return to “Football”