Portsmouth West Senators 2012?

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Portsmouth West Senators 2012?

Post by Black&Orange23 »

I know its a little early but what do you think they will look like next year?? :?:

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth West Senators 2012?

Post by Westfan »

Should be really good.

Offensive Line should be really good again with 3 starters back (Jessie Scott, Branden Scott, and Nathan Reynolds). Several other kids to fill the other 2 spots.

2 backs that played alot returning. Crace will probably move to a tailback. Meeker probably plays fullback.

3 good candidates for Quarterback: Luke Morgan (passer), Zack Frye (used to play qb. Very good athlete), or Austin Bricker (possibly our best returning "athlete").
Last edited by Westfan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Siderman, are you a coach? Just curious as you seem to know all about the Senators!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

just a fan

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

siderman wrote:Should be really good.

Offensive Line should be really good again with 3 starters back (Jessie Scott, Branden Scott, and Nathan Reynolds). Several other kids to fill the other 2 spots.

2 backs that played alot returning. Crace will probably move to a tailback. Meeker probably plays fullback.

3 good candidates for Quarterback: Luke Morgan (passer), Zack Frye (used to play qb. Very good athlete), or Austin Bricker (possibly our best returning "athlete").
Agree should be really good. Offense line will be good Neal Whisman at center, Cooper and Speck at tackles maybe save Reynolds for defense, maybe one or both Howell boys TE.
Backs Crace,Meeker, Bricker I hear Zaph is going to play next year that sure would be good if he does. I liked what I seen from Justin Scott this year he probably had 6 or 7 varsity tds this year. Qbs Morgan does throw the ball good but does he move good enough, Frye is a very good athlete might be the right choice, Bricker is a great athlete very football smart, never thought about him at qb but I like the idea.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

The key next year will be fundamentals. As long as all the boys know their keys and assignments then they should be a very tough team. They have the athletes to do it!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Alot of the success of next year will depend on how much they work during the winter. Next years team could be outstanding IF they put in the time. Those skill guys need to hit it hard. Running track would do wonders for a few of them.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

siderman wrote:Alot of the success of next year will depend on how much they work during the winter. Next years team could be outstanding IF they put in the time. Those skill guys need to hit it hard. Running track would do wonders for a few of them.
Very true! Left this out in my earlier assessment but another major contributor will be the dedication in the offseason. I know some are playing basketball which is always good for the legs, but others need to be in the weightroom to outmatch next years opponents.

WestRocks123
Waterboy

Post by WestRocks123 »

What about the White Kid? & Bennet kid? Both strong boys.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

As of right now this team should be at least 8-2 to possibly 10-0. They will be more of a fit for Shaffer's style of offense (they will be big and physical at every position) than this year. There will be a good mix of Juniors and Seniors with maybe a Sophomore or two. I think West will win the Soc this as I can imagine Valley being down, Burg being a notch below West, Minford being good, but not there yet. The question mark will be Waverly, Im not sure if they return the Q and the Rb, but I know they didn't have many Seniors and they looked much improved.

Regardless, I see this team a playoff team/Soc title contender on paper, but it depends on the offseason on whether or not they reach it. With that being said, I would love to see us bulk up our non-league schedule, I know our contracts with Chessy (who I hope we keep) and South Point (who I hope we drop) are up. I would love to see us play a Jackson or Ironton or maybe even a good D4 or D5 team such a Clinton-Massie or Bishop Ready/Hartley...to be the best you have to beat the best.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Schedule for next year. No change except for the game at Chillicothe.

8/24/2012 Fairland High School - Away
8/31/2012 Portsmouth High School - Home
9/7/2012 Chillicothe High School - Away
9/14/2012 Rock Hill High School - Home
9/21/2012 Chesapeake High School - Home
9/28/2012 Minford High School (Conf) - Away
10/5/2012 Valley High School (Conf) - Home
10/12/2012 Waverly High School (Conf) - Away
10/19/2012 Northwest High School (Conf) - Home
10/26/2012 Wheelersburg High School (Conf) - Home

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

sider wrote:As of right now this team should be at least 8-2 to possibly 10-0. They will be more of a fit for Shaffer's style of offense (they will be big and physical at every position) than this year. There will be a good mix of Juniors and Seniors with maybe a Sophomore or two. I think West will win the Soc this as I can imagine Valley being down, Burg being a notch below West, Minford being good, but not there yet. The question mark will be Waverly, Im not sure if they return the Q and the Rb, but I know they didn't have many Seniors and they looked much improved.

Regardless, I see this team a playoff team/Soc title contender on paper, but it depends on the offseason on whether or not they reach it. With that being said, I would love to see us bulk up our non-league schedule, I know our contracts with Chessy (who I hope we keep) and South Point (who I hope we drop) are up. I would love to see us play a Jackson or Ironton or maybe even a good D4 or D5 team such a Clinton-Massie or Bishop Ready/Hartley...to be the best you have to beat the best.
Waverly does return the qb the rb was a senior they had 16 seniors. Burg had 7 seniors. Minford had 10 seniors. Valley had 14 seniors. Northwest had 17 seniors thats ironic the last place team had the most seniors. We had 11 seniors. I think if we have a good offseason we have a very good chance at a league title and trip to the playoffs we have alot of talent returning. Is Shaffer going to return next season I noticed towards the end of the season he was not walking around very good.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

He's had a limp for a while. I don't think it's anything major, so I don't see any reason he wouldn't return.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I think West needs the young guys to get in the weight room this winter and they should have a very good shot of winning SOC II this coming up year. But they need to find out who the Qb is going to be.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Bob has had his limp since 1969, Vietnam. Took alot of shrapnel. He is still a tough 'ol bird and he'll be back.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

What do you think the Roster will be like on both sides of the Ball ?

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

should be a solid team again next year, good players and coachs = wins

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Why drop Fairland?

That school will be good again with the right Coaching staff.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

UPNYA4 wrote:
Buckeye24 wrote:Schedule for next year. No change except for the game at Chillicothe.

8/24/2012 Fairland High School - Away
8/31/2012 Portsmouth High School - Home
9/7/2012 Chillicothe High School - Away
9/14/2012 Rock Hill High School - Home
9/21/2012 Chesapeake High School - Home
9/28/2012 Minford High School (Conf) - Away
10/5/2012 Valley High School (Conf) - Home
10/12/2012 Waverly High School (Conf) - Away
10/19/2012 Northwest High School (Conf) - Home
10/26/2012 Wheelersburg High School (Conf) - Home

We need to Drop Fairland and Play PHS 1st game of the year and Bring Ironton back for the 2nd game!!
Dont think you can get PHS 1st. We out here at Valley i think are getting PHS 1st starting 2012

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

I would love to see a game against Ironton. Northwest is gonna move to SOC I so why don't they just drop them and try to pick up Ironton?

Return to “Football”