WEEK 8: Burg @ Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

WEEK 8: Burg @ Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think this will be a very close game. Burg has rebounded well after a big loss week 1 to Ironton. Their younger players have 7 weeks of experience under their belt and they are a solid team.

Minford has show signs of playing really good football. When the enthusiasm, effort and focus is there they play well. Minford also made a few very small adjustments on offense that really looked good last night.

This is Burg vs Minford and there will be enthusiasm, effort and focus and I like Minford in the upset. I think Minford's line continues the physical play they showed against Northwest and takes control of a younger Burg line.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 8: Burg @ Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

Thoughts?

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

This is a big test for the Lil Pirates.
If the Burg defenders can improve their tackling technique they can come out with the win.
I'll take the Burg in a tough one.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Can the Falcons stop Shears? He has been a force to be reckoned with here lately. The defense has been playing a lot better as of late too.

I think the Pirates will be just fine.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I would like to see continued improvements in the Falcons and pick up a huge win over the Pirates.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

This should be a very good ballgame might just have to catch this one myself, as of right now will have to go with the Burg just cant hardly go against the colors of orange and black and just don't know what Minford team is going to show up but I think coach Daniels and his staff will have them ready and if I'm not mistaken I think the Falcons have had as much or more success as anybody in the SOC 2 the last 10 or 12 years against the Pirates. Good luck to you both hope it's a good injury free ballgame.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think Burg will avenge the loss two yrs ago to the Falcons at Minford! Kids are young but are HUNGRY!! Hope the coaching staff agrees and are hungry too!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I'll be at this game and I'm looking forward to getting my first glimpse of the Burg this year. From following along here and in the PDT, it looks like Shears has put the Pirates on his back while the young kids seem to be growing up every week. I think this could be a heckuva ballgame!

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Shears vs Gaines.
I look for a hard fought game won and lost in the trenches. If Minford can come out and move the line of scrimmage like they have in the past and limit the big plays then I'll take the Falcons. If they come out dead then the Pirates will jump all over them. I have feeling Coach Daniels and staff will not let this happen though!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Burg wins this one.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Every body says that Minfords back on the winning track but if they didnt beat NW they dont even need to be on the same feild with West,Valley or Wheelersburg stop bragging that you won playing NW. Minford just look forward and get ready for the smack down your about to get from burg and valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:Every body says that Minfords back on the winning track but if they didnt beat NW they dont even need to be on the same feild with West,Valley or Wheelersburg stop bragging that you won playing NW. Minford just look forward and get ready for the smack down your about to get from burg and valley

They are back on the winning track. They just won. Your posts are going nowhere fast. Back to your hole!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Just get ready becuase its coming burg all the way

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg 31

Minford 27

Game of the week. Good Luck to both. INJURY free game, want Burg at 100% next week.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Can the Falcons stop Shears? He has been a force to be reckoned with here lately. The defense has been playing a lot better as of late too.

I think the Pirates will be just fine.
That's the question of the week. Seven teams have known that's what they needed to do and only one has been able to do it. Last year 'all you had to do' was stop Schankweiler. He ran up and down the field all night, stopped the run on defense, I think he was in the concession stand making popcorn at halftime.

If the Falcons can at least contain Shears, they can win this game. If they let him take over they will be in for an uphill battle. Right now the Pirates are at 11 in DV R19. If they lose this one their playoff chances will be quickly fading.

Looking forward to a great game in Minford this friday night with my Falcons coming out on top.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I agree IRONFALCON. The Pirates have to win 2 of these last 3 to even get a sniff of the playoffs and even with that it is no guarantee that they make it. 8-2 still might be outside the top 8 in Region 19. The Burgs problem is no one they are beating is winning for them. Win all 3 and they are hosting in week 11 though more than likely.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Here4Fun wrote:Every body says that Minfords back on the winning track but if they didnt beat NW they dont even need to be on the same feild with West,Valley or Wheelersburg stop bragging that you won playing NW. Minford just look forward and get ready for the smack down your about to get from burg and valley

Seriously??? It's fine that you are such a big fan of the Pirates, but do we really need those kind of statements on here. I remember a few years back when everyone thought the Burg was going to smack Minford in the mouth and a few turnovers, dropped passes that were sure scores, and a few other miscues lead to a 10-0 Falcon win. This will be a tight game that will be won in the 4th quarter by the team with the least amount of mistakes and the one that takes advantage of the opportunites given them. Hopefully that is the Pirates.

I am a die hard Burg fan, but if you look at their schedule they haven't beaten any world beaters this season either. That's the big reason why at 6-1 they still aren't in the top 8 in Region 19.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Back to reality for Minford!!!! This ain't Northwest this week.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Reality is here. Sure Wheelersburg is not Northwest and nobody else is either. I hate to compare scores when comparing teams, but for what it is worth. Pirates beat Mohawks 34-7. Falcons did the respectful thing by kneeling on what could of been a 50-0 score, but the game score was 43-0.
Against Burg, scored in the fourth and stat wise 115 rushing on Burg, 102 passing for 217.
Against Minford, no score and only entered Minford once and stat wise the Mohawks 70 rushing: 21 passing for 91 total yards.
Both Minford and Wheelersburg can score points, run the ball very well and have shown signs of stingy defensive fronts.
Throw the records out in this rivalry. This game will be won by the team with fewer miscues.
I'll be rooting for the Falcons to fly just over the Pirates ship. 24-21.

Return to “Football”